"Squid's on a Bus" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season twelve. In this episode, Squidward gleefully switches jobs with a bus driver for an easy ride… until SpongeBob and Patrick climb aboard.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Bikini Bottomites
- Incidental 46
- Bus driver
- Fish woman skeleton (debut)
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 31
- Fish on coin
- Incidental 84
- Ryan Timmy
- Fish at bus stop
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 14
- Unnamed baby
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 24
- Sweet old lady
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 13
- Fish wife
- Incidental 41
- Crush County residents
- Grim reaper
The episode starts with Squidward impatiently waiting for the bus. When the bus finally comes, Squidward is annoyed at the driver for being late. During the bus ride, Squidward makes many annoying comments, making the bus driver increasingly mad. He arrives at the Krusty Krab and Squidward comes out, only for him to tell the driver that he could do his job better than him. The bus driver states that he could do Squidward's job better than him. Listening to this conversation, Mr. Krabs intervenes and tells the two that they should switch jobs to settle things once and for all.
Squidward starts driving the bus, with several of the passengers disliking him as the bus driver. However, Squidward still enjoys being the bus driver until SpongeBob comes along as that day and plays around in the bus as that day was his bus-driving day, much to the dismay of Squidward. After a while, Squidward sees Patrick wanting to go on the bus, and tries to drive past him, but fails to do so. SpongeBob and Patrick start playing around in the bus again, distracting Squidward from driving as well as hurting passengers on the bus.
Because of SpongeBob and Patrick's antics, all the passengers except for the two leave the bus. Squidward walks out of the driver seat to the back of the bus and demands SpongeBob and Patrick leave the bus, but since he left the driver's seat, the bus goes out of control and goes off a highway into the depths of Crush County. Since the bus was not designed to withstand the pressure at this location, the entire vehicle starts to crush down. The three get scared, but thankfully SpongeBob has a map that allows Squidward to drive the bus back to the Krusty Krab. The bus driver is seen trying to deal with the customers at the Krusty Krab, but he gets frustrated and quits the job. The customers are satisfied to see Squidward as the cashier again, making Squidward happy to have that job.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Funny Mood for Clarinet - Otto Sieben ["I've been waiting for almost an hour!"]
‣ Dead March 1 - Frederic Chopin, Alfred Kluten [Fish woman skeleton vanishes]
‣ ? [Squidward gets on the bus]
‣ Eight Comical Cuts - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward complaining on the bus]
‣ Comic Capers C - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [Bus driver slams brakes hard]
• Unknown Track 108 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward falls off the windshield]
‣ Hippo Bird - Arthur Wilkinson ["You big clod! I could do your job better than you ever could!"]
‣ Charlie's Bike E - Peter Balding, Otto Sieben [Squidward and bus driver switch their jobs]
‣ Fresh as a Daisy - George French [Squidward starts driving the bus]
‣ Jolly Clarinet - Ilan Harel [Squidward forbids sharp objects and food on the bus]
• Unknown Track 34 - Nicolas Carr [Fish with umbrella stuck to forehead]
‣ Midget March - Cedric Palmer ["This stop is Coral Boulevard. Thank you for riding with your merry bus driver."]
‣ Shock - Cornelus Joh Bolten [Squidward sees SpongeBob at the bus stop]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob gets on the bus]
‣ ? [SpongeBob inserting coins in the bus' coin deposit]
• Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob "driving" next to Squidward]
‣ ? [Squidward getting annoyed]
‣ Silly Season A - David Bell, Otto Sieben [SpongeBob "helping" Squidward drive the bus]
‣ Dancing Silhouette - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [Squidward checking his mirror]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Squidward screams]
‣ Mischief Makers - Gilbert Vinter [SpongeBob puts a pillow under the bus' brake]
‣ Straight from Hell 10 - Gregor Narholz [Bus speeding through Bikini Bottom]
‣ Falling Steps - Fredric Bayco [Squidward throws the pillow out the window]
‣ Comic Capers B - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [Tough fish throws the pillow at an old lady]
‣ Frantic Fracas - Johnny Hawksworth [Bikini Bottom citizens having a pillow fight]
‣ Pua Nani O Hawaii - Leimamo Fish, Michael Scott ["What is your stop so I can take you there right now?!"]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [Squidward sees Patrick at the bus stop]
‣ Bikini Babes [#48] - Eric Spencer [Squidward drives the bus past Patrick]
‣ ? [Squidward sees Patrick at another bus stop]
‣ Oh My Goodness - Benjamin Starnberg [Patrick gets in front of the bus]
‣ Straight from Hell 10 - Gregor Narholz [Squidward flips the bus over Patrick]
‣ Oh My Goodness - Benjamin Starnberg [Patrick appears on the bus next to Squidward]
• Unknown Track 108 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward's head twists around]
‣ Danse Comique - Kenny Graham [Patrick begins inserting coins in the coin deposit]
‣ Acrobats and Clowns A - Alfi Kabiljo [The bus starts shaking]
‣ Charivari Clowns - Daniel Jean Jeannin [SpongeBob and Patrick swinging from the bus handles]
‣ ? ["And now, SpongeBob will attempt to catch his high-flying partner, Patrick, while swinging from the strap of death."]
‣ Superquick B - Daniel Jean Jeannin [Patrick jumping from the bus handle]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob doesn't reach Patrick's hands and he falls onto Mable]
‣ My Sweet Baby [#34] - Karin Nobbs [Mable petting Patrick]
‣ Clever Kitten - Peter Kempton, Michael Blainey [SpongeBob crawling on the bus like a dog]
‣ Catch Me If You Can - Wilfred Burns [Patrick chases SpongeBob like a cat]
‣ Six Comedy Episodes 5 - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick are the only passengers left on the bus]
• Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I am throwing you two off right now!"]
‣ Hide and Seek C - Laurent Dury [Patrick using the emergency exit as a restroom]
‣ ? [Squidward hears toilet flushing]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The bus falls down a cliff]
‣ Destination Unknown - Gregor Narholz [Bus lands in Crush County]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor Narholz [Bus getting crushed because of the pressure]
‣ Fraidy Cat - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob and Patrick laughing at each other]
‣ Blanket of Fog - Stuart Crombie ["We're gonna be crushed to death! I don't wanna drive a bus!"]
‣ Musette Madeleine - Roland Kovac ["Ooh, a panini! So very continental."]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 7 - Fredric Bayco ["Hey, look, a passenger! Hi!"]
‣ ? [Grim Reaper at the bus stop]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [Squidward drives the bus past Grim Reaper]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob takes a bus map]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Bus driver as a cashier at the Krusty Krab]
• 12th Street Rag Revisited - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- This episode was paired up with "The Goofy Newbie" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "The Krusty Bucket."
- The title is a play on word on the nursery rhyme song "Wheels on the Bus."
- The background of the title card is the same as "The Getaway," except it is orange instead of blue, and is turned upside down.
- "My leg!:" - Patrick chasing SpongeBob around the bus and they bump into Fred.
- When Squidward falls off the window, and when his head turns all the way around, the sound effect from Squidly Tentacles being crushed at the end of "Dunces and Dragons" plays.
- A clip of this episode was shown in a commercial for "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout."
- In the opening, Squidward appears to be wearing a watch on his right wrist. When the bus door opens, Squidward doesn’t seem to be wearing a watch anymore.
- There is a bus stop for public buses closer to Conch Street, which makes no sense because that only works for school buses, not public buses.
- When SpongeBob starts to put his pennies in the coin deposit, it turns into night, but in the next shot, it's taking place during the day.
- In one shot where Squidward is fussing at SpongeBob about where his stop is, Squidward's shirt is not placed correctly and his neck is not connected.
- When the bus starts to rock, there are passengers inside the bus. But from the outside view, only Squidward is on the bus. The passengers reappear in the next shot.