"Squid's on a Bus" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season twelve. In this episode, Squidward gleefully switches jobs with a bus driver for an easy ride… until SpongeBob and Patrick climb aboard.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Bikini Bottomites
- Bus driver
- Fish woman skeleton (debut)
- Jimmy Gus
- Norma Rechid
- Incidental 31
- Fish on coin
- Fish at bus stop
- Frankie Billy
- Evelyn Annette
- Unnamed baby
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Frank (muscular goldfish)
- Sweet old lady
- Frank (red shirt)
- Miss Rechid
- Incidental 60
- Harold (red fish)
- Abigail (light blue fish)
- Incidental 13
- Fish wife
- Nat Peterson
- Crush County residents
- Grim reaper
The episode begins with Squidward waiting on the bus stop, until a dead fish sitting on a bench, and becomes decomposed to dust. While the bus has arrived the bus driver isn't having a good mood. So after the the bus ride, Squidward and the bus driver started an argument. Mr. Krabs stops the argument by switch places so they can feels what more harder as a bus driver or a cashier.
Squidward started as a bus driver so he check the mirror, and start the bus. He stopped at the bus stop to pick up Mable, until SpongeBob shows up waiting at the next bus stop. Squidward stops at the bus stop to pick up SpongeBob and hugs him. Squidward says Get off of Me and pay fare! SpongeBob carried a lot of pennies in his wallet, and inserting a bunch of pennies and Squidward yells Augh! Enough with pennies! And swats the wallet away.
Squidwards starts the bus SpongeBob starts making weird noises and lose Squidward's concentration on the road, the bus turning left and right which it cause the boats to fly off the highway and crash to a billboard. Squidward says "Don't help me drive" and SpongeBob let go the steering, which it causes the bus to tip over, and Squidward grabs the invisible steering and set the bus back up.
Squidward looks at the mirror to see SpongeBob seating in the back and continues to drive. But when Squidward checks at the mirror SpongeBob is sitting at another seat, waving at Squidward, and scares Squidward when he's in the mirror. SpongeBob continues to help Squidward, so he put a pillow under the brakes for soft braking. Squidward tries to use the brakes, but it wouldn't stop so starts speeding, and throws at Frank which it causes the Bikini Bottom to have a pillow fight.
Squidward asks SpongeBob to tell him that where is his stop, SpongeBob steps on other people's heads while heading to the drivers seat, he said "I don't have a stop. Today is bus riding day, the day that I pick a bus and ride it all day" and Squidward lays his head. Until Patrick waving on the bus stop, which makes Squidward passes the bus stop, and Patrick appears inside the bus. Patrick begins to join SpongeBob's bus riding day, but Squidward isn't having a good time.
Patrick is looking for bus money so he checked his pants and grabs SpongeBob and found his wallet but he think he left wallet in his other wallet, Until SpongeBob uses his bag of coins and Patrick starts licking three coins. Later Squidward starts humming while driving until his peace ends SpongeBob and Patrick starts shaking the bus while swinging on the bus straps, until chaos starts in the bus. Squidward couldn't take it anymore and begins growling "That's it! I'm going to throw you two off right now", until he couldn't find Patrick. SpongeBob explains where he is, that being the bathroom to get out from the exit door, until the bus gets out of control and lands on crash county.
They are about to be crushed to death, and getting sprayed by water. SpongeBob sees someone in the steet saying "Hey, look a passenger. Hi!" And it was the Grim Reaper, Squidward screams in terror and drives passes him, and the Grim Reaper throws his scythe in anger which makes Squidward continues to drive.
This SpongeBob SquarePants episode synopsis is incomplete. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by suggesting additions in a comment.
The episode was confirmed during the credits after the episode "The Krusty Bucket" premiered in the U.K. and Ireland.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Funny Mood for Clarinet - Otto Sieben ["I've been waiting for almost an hour!"]
‣ Dead March 1 - Frederic Chopin, Alfred Kluten [Fish woman skeleton vanishes]
‣ ? [Squidward gets on the bus]
‣ Eight Comical Cuts - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward complaining on the bus]
‣ Comic Capers C - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [Bus driver slams brakes hard]
‣ Unknown Track 108 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward falls off the windshield]
‣ Hippo Bird - Arthur Wilkinson ["You big clod! I could do your job better than you ever could!"]
‣ Charlie's Bike E - Peter Balding, Otto Sieben [Squidward and bus driver switch their jobs]
‣ Fresh as a Daisy - George French [Squidward starts driving the bus]
‣ Jolly Clarinet - Ilan Harel [Squidward forbids sharp objects and food on the bus]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Fish with umbrella stuck to forehead]
‣ Midget March - Cedric Palmer ["This stop is Coral Boulevard, thank you for riding with your merry bus driver."]
‣ Shock - Cornelus Joh Bolten [Squidward sees SpongeBob at the bus stop]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob gets on the bus]
‣ ? [SpongeBob inserting coins in the bus' coin deposit/SpongeBob continues inserting coins in the coin deposit]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob "driving" next to Squidward]
‣ ? [Squidward getting annoyed]
‣ Silly Season A - David Bell, Otto Sieben [SpongeBob "helping" Squidward drive the bus]
‣ Dancing Silhouette - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [Squidward checking his mirror while he sees SpongeBob]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Squidward screams]
‣ Mischief Makers - Gilbert Vinter [SpongeBob puts a pillow under the bus' brake]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Bus speeding through Bikini Bottom]
‣ Falling Steps - Fredric Bayco [Squidward throws the pillow out the window of the bus]
‣ Comic Capers B - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [Tough fish throws the pillow at an old lady]
‣ Frantic Fracas - Johnny Hawksworth [Bikini Bottom citizens having a pillow fight]
‣ Pua Nani O Hawaii - Leimamo Fish, Michael Scott ["What is your stop so I can take you there right now?!"]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [Squidward sees Patrick at the bus stop]
‣ Bikini Babes [#48] - Eric Spencer [Squidward drives the bus past Patrick]
‣ ? [Squidward sees Patrick at another bus stop]
‣ Oh My Goodness - Benjamin Starnberg [Patrick gets in front of the bus]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Squidward flips the bus over Patrick]
‣ Oh My Goodness - Benjamin Starnberg [Patrick appears on the bus next to Squidward]
‣ Unknown Track 108 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward's head twists around]
‣ Danse Comique - Kenny Graham [Patrick starts inserting coins in the bus' coin deposit]
‣ Charivari Clowns - Daniel Jean Jeannin [SpongeBob and Patrick swinging from the bus handles]
‣ ? ["And now, SpongeBob will attempt to catch his high-flying partner, Patrick, while swinging from the strap of death."]
‣ Superquick B - Daniel Jean Jeannin [Patrick jumping from the bus handle]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob doesn't reach Patrick's hands and he falls onto Mable]
‣ My Sweet Baby [#34] - Karin Nobbs [Mable petting Patrick]
‣ ? [SpongeBob crawling on the bus like a dog]
‣ Catch Me If You Can - Wilfred Burns [Patrick chases SpongeBob like a cat]
‣ Six Comedy Episodes 5 - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick are the only passengers left on the bus]
‣ Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I am throwing you two off right now!"]
‣ Hide and Seek C - Laurent Dury [Patrick using the emergency exit as a restroom]
‣ ? [Squidward hears toilet flushing]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward realizes he's not driving and the bus falls down a cliff]
‣ Destination Unknown - Gregor Narholz [Bus lands in Crush County]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor Narholz [Bus along with SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward getting crushed because of the pressure]
‣ Fraidy Cat - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob and Patrick laughing at each other]
‣ Blanket of Fog - Stuart Crombie ["We're gonna be crushed to death! I don't wanna drive a bus!"]
‣ Musette Madeleine - Roland Kovac ["Ooh, a panini! So very continental."]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 7 - Fredric Bayco ["Hey, look, a passenger! Hi!"]
‣ ? [Grim Reaper at the bus stop]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [Squidward drives the bus past Grim Reaper]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob takes a bus map]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Bus driver as a cashier at the Krusty Krab]
- This episode along with The Goofy Newbie premiered 18 years after Jellyfish Hunter and The Fry Cook Games premiered.
- The plot is similar to The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy episode called "Grim for a Day".
- This episode premiered in Russia on July 27 before it aired in America.
- This and "The Krusty Bucket" were also originally going to premiere in Australia and New Zealand on August 8, but were replaced with "Sandy's Nutty Nieces" and "Insecurity Guards." They were eventually made available for download on Foxtel and the Australian version of the Nickelodeon app a few days later, making it the first time since the premiere of "Dunces and Dragons" in 2006 that an episode was made available in Australia and New Zealand before being available in the United States.
- This is the first speaking role of Nazz-Mimi since "Whirly Brains."
- This is also her fourth major role.
- This aired in Poland, Russia, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Portugal, Central & Eastern Europe, Turkey and in Australia and New Zealand before it aired in the United States on September 28.
- When this episode first aired, it was paired up with "The Goofy Newbie."
- A clip of this episode was included in a commercial of "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout."
- The background of the title card is the same as "The Getaway," except it is orange instead of blue, and is turned upside down.
- "My leg!:" - Patrick chasing SpongeBob around the bus, and they bump into Fred.
- This is the third time the term "Squid's" is used for a episode name. The first and second were "Squid's Day Off" and "Squid's Visit." However, this time it's used as an abbreviation (Squid is) rather than a possessive term.
- It is revealed that SpongeBob picks a day to ride a bus without having a stop.
- It is revealed that the bus driver is always late, goes at a high speed, goes in different lanes, and keeps his bus in bad condition.
- It is revealed that Squidward is in all of SpongeBob's dreams, including the one where SpongeBob gets on a bus to see Squidward driving it.
- When Squidward falls off the window, and when his head turns all the way around, the sound effect from Squidly Tentacles being crushed at the end of "Dunces and Dragons" plays.
- Irony: SpongeBob's bus-riding day should have been the day before, as he took an entire day to pay.
- He may have already known that this would happen, so he actually boards the bus the day before his bus-riding day.
- There is a bus stop for public buses closer to SpongeBob's house, Squidward Tentacles' house, and Patrick Star's house which makes no sense because that only works for school buses, not public buses.
- Squidward should've just walked to the Krusty Krab like in the other episodes.
- When SpongeBob starts to put his pennies in the coin deposit it turns night, but when it turns into night it's taking place during the day but dark.
- This happens in the ending of "Squilliam Returns"