"Squid's on a Bus" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season twelve. In this episode, Squidward gleefully switches jobs with a bus driver for an easy ride… until SpongeBob and Patrick climb aboard.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Bikini Bottomites
- Bus driver
- Fish woman skeleton (debut)
- Jimmy Gus
- Norma Rechid
- Incidental 31
- Fish on coin
- Fish at bus stop
- Frankie Billy
- Evelyn Annette
- Unnamed baby
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Frank (muscular goldfish)
- Sweet old lady
- Frank (red shirt)
- Miss Rechid
- Incidental 60
- Harold (red fish)
- Abigail (light blue fish)
- Incidental 13
- Fish wife
- Nat Peterson
- Crush County residents
- Grim reaper
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
The episode was confirmed during the credits after the episode "The Krusty Bucket" premiered in the U.K. and Ireland.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Funny Mood for Clarinet - Otto Sieben ["I've been waiting for almost an hour!"]
‣ Dead March 1 - Frederic Chopin, Alfred Kluten [Fish woman skeleton vanishes]
‣ ? [Squidward gets on the bus]
‣ Eight Comical Cuts - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward complaining on the bus]
‣ Comic Capers C - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [Bus driver slams brakes hard]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward falls off the windshield]
‣ Hippo Bird - Arthur Wilkinson ["You big clod! I could do your job better than you ever could!"]
‣ Charlie's Bike E - Peter Balding, Otto Sieben [Squidward and bus driver switch their jobs]
‣ Fresh as a Daisy - George French [Squidward starts driving the bus]
‣ Jolly Clarinet - Ilan Harel [Squidward forbids sharp objects and food on the bus]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Fish with umbrella stuck to forehead]
‣ Midget March - Cedric Palmer ["This stop is Coral Boulevard. Thank you for riding with your merry bus driver."]
‣ Shock - Cornelus Joh Bolten [Squidward sees SpongeBob at the bus stop]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob gets on the bus]
‣ ? [SpongeBob inserting coins in the bus' coin deposit/SpongeBob continues inserting coins in the coin deposit]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob "driving" next to Squidward]
‣ ? [Squidward getting annoyed]
‣ Silly Season A - David Bell, Otto Sieben [SpongeBob "helping" Squidward drive the bus]
‣ Dancing Silhouette - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [Squidward checking his mirror while he sees SpongeBob]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Squidward screams]
‣ Mischief Makers - Gilbert Vinter [SpongeBob puts a pillow under the bus' brake]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Bus speeding through Bikini Bottom]
‣ Falling Steps - Fredric Bayco [Squidward throws the pillow out the window of the bus]
‣ Comic Capers B - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [Tough fish throws the pillow at an old lady]
‣ Frantic Fracas - Johnny Hawksworth [Bikini Bottom citizens having a pillow fight]
‣ Pua Nani O Hawaii - Leimamo Fish, Michael Scott ["What is your stop so I can take you there right now?!"]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [Squidward sees Patrick at the bus stop]
‣ Bikini Babes [#48] - Eric Spencer [Squidward drives the bus past Patrick]
‣ ? [Squidward gasps in shock]
‣ Oh My Goodness - Benjamin Starnberg [Patrick runs in front of the bus]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Squidward flips the bus over Patrick]
‣ Oh My Goodness - Benjamin Starnberg [Patrick appears on the bus next to Squidward]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward's head twists around]
‣ Danse Comique - Kenny Graham [Patrick pays the bus fare]
‣ Charivari Clowns - Daniel Jean Jeannin [SpongeBob and Patrick swinging from the bus handles]
‣ Superquick B - Daniel Jean Jeannin [Patrick jumping from the bus handle]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob doesn't reach Patrick's hands and he falls onto Mable]
‣ My Sweet Baby [#34] - Karin Nobbs [Mable petting Patrick]
‣ ? [SpongeBob crawling around the bus like a dog]
‣ Catch Me If You Can - Wilfred Burns [Patrick chases SpongeBob like a cat]
‣ Six Comedy Episodes 5 - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick are the only passengers left on the bus]
‣ Unknown Track 50 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I am throwing you two off right now!"]
‣ Hide and Seek C - Laurent Dury [Patrick using the emergency exit as a restroom]
‣ ? [Squidward hears toilet flushing]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward realizes he's not driving and the bus falls down a cliff]
‣ Destination Unknown - Gregor Narholz [Bus lands in Crush County]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor Narholz [Bus along with SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward getting crushed because of the pressure]
‣ Fraidy Cat - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob and Patrick laughing at each other]
‣ Blanket of Fog - Stuart Crombie ["We're gonna be crushed to death! I don't wanna drive a bus!"]
‣ Musette Madeleine - Roland Kovac ["Ooh, a panini! So very continental."]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 7 - Fredric Bayco ["Hey, look, a passenger! Hi!"]
‣ ? [Grim Reaper at the bus stop]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [Squidward drives the bus past Grim Reaper]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob takes a bus map]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Bus driver as a cashier at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- The title could be a reference to the 2006 film Snakes on a Plane.
- This episode premiered in Russia on July 27 before it aired in America.
- This and "The Krusty Bucket" were also originally going to premiere in Australia and New Zealand on August 8, but were replaced with "Sandy's Nutty Nieces" and "Insecurity Guards." They were eventually made available for download on Foxtel and the Australian version of the Nickelodeon app a few days later, making it the first time since the premiere of "Dunces and Dragons" in 2006 that an episode was made available in Australia and New Zealand before being available in the United States.
- This is the first speaking role of Nazz-Mimi since "Whirly Brains."
- This is also her fourth major role.
- This aired in Poland, Russia, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Portugal, Central & Eastern Europe, Turkey and in Australia and New Zealand before it aired in the United States on September 28.
- When this episode first aired, it was paired up with "The Goofy Newbie."
- A clip of this episode was included in a commercial of "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout."
- The background of the title card is the same as "The Getaway," except it is orange instead of blue, and is turned upside down.
- "My leg!:" - Patrick chasing SpongeBob around the bus, and they bump into Fred.
- This is the third time the term "Squid's" is used for a episode name. The first and second were "Squid's Day Off" and "Squid's Visit." However, this time it's used as an abbreviation (Squid is) rather than a possessive term.
- It is revealed that SpongeBob picks a day to ride a bus without having a stop.
- It is revealed that the bus driver is always late, goes at a high speed, goes in different lanes, and keeps his bus in bad condition.
- It is revealed that Squidward is in all of SpongeBob's dreams, including the one where SpongeBob gets on a bus to see Squidward driving it.
- When Squidward falls off the window, and when his head turns all the way around, the sound effect from Squidly Tentacles being crushed at the end of "Dunces and Dragons" plays.
- Irony: SpongeBob's bus-riding day should have been the day before, as he took an entire day to pay.
- He may have already known that this would happen, so he actually boards the bus the day before his bus-riding day.