- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 41 (cameo)
- Incidental 49 (cameo)
- Cashier (cameo)
- Incidental 42 (cameo)
- Incidental 92 (cameo)
- Fred (cameo)
- Incidental 63 (cameo)
- Incidental 47 (cameo)
- French Narrator
- Patrick Star
- Squog (cameo in one of Squidward's self-portraits)
- Mr. Sun (cameo on note)
- Mrs. Tentacles (mentioned)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Fire fish
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
The episode opens with the employees at the Krusty Krab doing nothing as the restaurant closes. Squidward says he has nothing to do tonight. SpongeBob really wants Squidward to visit his house, but Squidward does not want to. He says that he prefers the comfort of his own home over SpongeBob's "dirty little hovel." At the pineapple, Patrick suggests to SpongeBob to "borrow" something of Squidward's to make him come to the house to get it back. This gives SpongeBob an idea.
While Squidward is cooking, SpongeBob steals his vacuum cleaner in order for him come to the pineapple to get it back. Squidward puts his dinner in the oven and then comes to SpongeBob's house and sees, to his shock, that SpongeBob made an exact replica of his living room. Squidward is now getting very annoyed and demands his vacuum, but SpongeBob ignores him, trying to do everything he can to ensure Squidward stays. Squidward sits on the exact replica of his chair and sees his coffee table, his food, his Art of the Clarinet book, and his pillow SpongeBob was fluffing. It looks like the one Squidward's mother made for him. Then Squidward sees his hallway, and he sees the chip in the painting from when he moved into his own house. Then he walks into his bathroom and he sees his medicine cabinet and his rash cream. But when SpongeBob shows up, Squidward screams and he slips on the rash cream too many times and his head falls into the toilet, knocking himself out.
Squidward wakes up and thinks he had a dream about himself visiting SpongeBob, but much to his horror, he isn't dreaming. Squidward screams in anguish. He lies to SpongeBob that he has to go to the bathroom again, but instead, he runs upstairs, looking for his vacuum cleaner. When Squidward opens the door and turns on the light, he finds out he is in the gallery room and spots all 492 of his self-portraits hanging on the wall. Squidward becomes scared, but then he gets mad. He looks for the vacuum cleaner in the closet and finds it, but it is stuck in the closet. Squidward pulls it until his vacuum comes out. The vacuum hits Squidward and he crashes into the wall, tilting his self-portraits. He falls down the stairs, and he spits out the vacuum. He then walks out of SpongeBob's house, but when he goes outside, he realizes that his house had vaporized due to a fire. Squidward had forgotten to bring the casserole which was later on fire and caused Squidward's house to burn up.
SpongeBob then tells Squidward to stay at his house. He winds up staying at the pineapple with him indoors and SpongeBob and Gary sleeping outside.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
• Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Opening]
• Flextone Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Nope."]
• Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob appears next to Squidward]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward leaves quickly]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob wants Squidward to visit him]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob crying]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [24 hours later]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Squidward refuses to visit SpongeBob]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Bashful Eyes - Kapono Beamer ["Patrick, has Squidward ever visited you at home?"]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["That's it!"]
‣ Fruity Flute - Harry Bluestone [Squidward making a casserole]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [pepper shaker flies through air]
• Light and Stupid Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["Not on the rug!""]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob "borrowed" Squidward's vacuum cleaner]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward calls SpongeBob]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [Squidward gasps]
• Boring Morning - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [exact replica of Squidward's living room]
‣ Unease - Dick Stephen Walter ["How did he do it?"]
‣ Romantic Ending [#34] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [stitch signature]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward screams]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'll find the vacuum myself."]
‣ The Creature (b) - Gregor F. Narholz [replica of Squidward's hallway]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["Okay, Squiddy, don't get creeped out."]
‣ Cockney Capers - Ray Davies [replica of Squidward's bathroom]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [rash cream]
‣ Mists of Illusion - Gilbert Vinter [Squidward knocked out]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr [Squidward wakes up]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["So, are you enjoying your stay at Chez Sponge?"]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin [Squidward screams]
• Silly Bob Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Will you excuse me for a moment?"]
‣ Chinese Mystery - Nino Nardini ["I got to find that vacuum and get out of here!"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward screams]
‣ Old Creepy Feeling - John Scott ["He copied all 492 of my self portraits..."]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["...and they're better than mine!"]
‣ Old Creepy Feeling - John Scott ["He even got the rug right."]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward finds his vacuum cleaner]
• Entrapped - Nicolas Carr [Squidward yells]
• Silly Bob Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward's vacuum cleaner gets caught in his mouth]
• Solo Steel 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's house burned down]
‣ Shock (f) - Dave Hewson [Squidward becomes shocked]
• String Section Gliss - Nicolas Carr [Overlays "Shock (f)"]
‣ Musical Box (c) - Dave Hewson ["Why, yes, I'd love another spot of tea, Mr. Vacuum Cleaner."]
‣ Scary Strings 3 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Care for some casserole?"]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Squidward, you okay?"]
• Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Replica sweet replica."]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants, Season 6 Volume 1, Kids Double Pack: Volume 4, Kids Double Pack: Volume 7, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 10, Complete Sixth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Spužva Bob Skockani DVD 1, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This was the fourth episode to premiere during the Nickelodeon's "Deep Sea Danger Zone" marathon.
- The episode's title card's background is the color of SpongeBob's house, while the wording is the color of Squidward's house.
- SpongeBob invites Squidward to visit "La Casa de Esponja," which translates to "The Sponge house." Bob Esponja is SpongeBob's Spanish name.
- SpongeBob and Squidward's shift ends in clear daylight in this episode, although in earlier episodes, such as "Pizza Delivery" and "Graveyard Shift," their shift ends closer to sunset.
- Squidward claims that he had never been to SpongeBob's house, despite entering his house in many previous episodes. This also suggests that this episode may have took place before these episodes below:
- In "Jellyfish Jam", he visits SpongeBob briefly after getting stung by the jellyfish.
- At the end of "Home Sweet Pineapple," Squidward gets trapped in SpongeBob's sand floorboards with a muffled voice as a result of his house suddenly growing back.
- Squidward, along with Sandy, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs, go to his house to welcome him home in "Nature Pants."
- Squidward comes in to feed Gary in "I Was a Teenage Gary."
- Squidward comes in along with other Bikini Bottomites to complain about SpongeBob's presence in their dreams in "Sleepy Time."
- In "Can You Spare a Dime?," he enters SpongeBob's house so he can stay there for as long as he wanted.
- Squidward goes to SpongeBob's parties at his home in two episodes: "Party Pooper Pants" and "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler."
- In "Breath of Fresh Squidward," after an abrupt change in personality, Squidward helpfully assists SpongeBob in his morning routine.
- In "The Two Faces of Squidward," Squidward went inside SpongeBob's house to beg SpongeBob to change his face back to normal.
- In "Krabby Road," Squidward visits SpongeBob's house to do some practice with the band.
- The time card says, "24 Hours Later" and would indicate that Squidward and SpongeBob have an extended shift the second day because the time card came some time after the shift of the first day.
- However, in the Indonesian version, the time card along with brief Krusty Krab scene were skipped right to the SpongeBob's house because of the time constraints.
- The "24 Hours Later" time card background is SpongeBob's bedroom wall.
- Patrick says that Squidward visited his house only once.
- Squidward says that the pepper went all over his imported rug, although only a tiny speck went onto it.
- There was a scaffold outside SpongeBob's house, but he does not really need to use it, since all renovations are happening on the inside.
- Squidward also claims that he has never called SpongeBob in this episode. However, in "Jellyfish Jam," he calls to complain about the noise at SpongeBob's house, only for a jellyfish to pick up the phone. And in "Home Sweet Pineapple", SpongeBob calls Squidward to alert him of his shrinking house.
- When Squidward goes in SpongeBob's house, he does not see the kitchen, garage, or attic.
- Normally, blancmange is white, but in this episode, it is purple and clear.
- Squidward's sink is actually a scallop but it is not deep enough.
- Squidward says the 492 self-portraits are better than his. This proves SpongeBob is a better painter than Squidward.
- When Squidward sees his 492 self-portraits, one of them is a statue of Squidward, possibly the same from "Atlantis SquarePantis" since it has the leaf.
- When Squidward sees his 492 self-portraits, the first one the camera directed on was a clown. In "Tentacle-Vision," the clown has no tears and had little x's on its eyes, but in this episode, the clown's eyes are open with no x's, and it has tears, and the nose is tear-shaped just like Squidward's, but the clown's nose is red. A similar clown painting appears in "Wet Painters." It had no x's, a red nose, and a tear drop. The painting looks more like a human.
- When Squidward is getting his vacuum cleaner from the closet, there is a portrait of him painted naked, but with a back view so the viewer cannot see any revealing parts.
- There are two online games based on this episode. They are Cook It 'n' Book It and Squidward's Sizzlin' Scare, which are based on looking for the vacuum cleaner and the burning casserole.
- This is the first episode in which Patrick uses his Forever Glue. The second instance is in "Stuck in the Wringer."
- This episode marks the 50th usage of "Comic Walk."
- In the German dub, this episode is called "Besuch von Thaddäus," which translates to "Visit of Squidward."
- When Squidward shouts, "Ever!" in SpongeBob's face, one side of SpongeBob's white shirt turns transparent for a very brief moment.
- When Squidward first enters SpongeBob's house, there is a portrait of another squid on the wall, but with an orange face and a blue shirt. However, when the camera pans in front of Squidward's face and he says, "No! It isn't!," the painting now has a green face and a white shirt.
- When SpongeBob reaches for the iced tea to give to Squidward, one of his blue eyes turns yellow for a split-second until he turns back around.
- Most ovens are not flammable, so unless they were really ancient, most ovens would not have caught fire like Squidward's did. Even if Squidward's oven was not flammable, it is highly unlikely that it would have been able to set fire to the entirety of Squidward's house that quickly.
- When Squidward is sad because his house is gone, the vacuum disappears, but when Squidward is about to fall, the vacuum reappears.