See the SpynjBob Pantsgwâr Wiki for more info.
This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
SpynjBob Pantsgwâr is the Welsh dub of SpongeBob SquarePants. Episodes are dubbed into Welsh and are aired on the UK's Welsh language channel, S4C. It forms part of Stwnsh, a segment that is dedicated to older kids and teenagers. The show first aired on September 7, 2011.
- SpongeBob SquarePants - SpynjBob Pantsgwâr - "sgwâr" means "square". "Pants" comes from English.
- Patrick Star - Padrig
- Squidward Tentacles - Sulwyn Serbwch
- Eugene H. Krabs - Mr. Cranci - from "cranc", meaning "crab"
- Sandy Cheeks - Tina Tywod - "tywod" means "sand"
- Sheldon J. Plankton - Al-gi, meaning "algæ"
- Gary the Snail - Gari'r Falwen
- Larry the Lobster - Cenwyn
- Squilliam Fancyson - Gwilym Gwellnaphawb - "gwellnaphawb" literally means "betterthaneveryone"
- Pearl Krabs - Perl Cranci
- Mermaid Man - Mr Môrforwyn - "môrforwyn" means "mermaid"
- Barnacle Boy - Boibachbysgod - literally meaning "Boachfish"
- Nicholas Withers - Aled Spam
- Mini Squidward - Sulwyn Bach
- Bikini Bottom - Pant y Bicini - literally meaning "The Pants of the Bikini"
- Krusty Krab - Y Crancdy - "Crancdy" is made from the word "cranc" (crab) and "dŷ" (house), so "crabhouse"
- Chum Bucket - Yr Abwydal-gi - "abwyd" means "bait"
- Krusty Sponge - Y Spynjdy - "Spynjdy" is made from the word "spynj" (sponge) and "dŷ" (house), so "spongehouse"
- Glove World! - Mega Maneg - literally meaning "Mega Glove"
- Mrs. Puff's Boating School - Ysgol Forio - literally meaning "Sailing School"
- Bikini Bottom Jail - Carchar Pant y Bicini
- Fiery Fist O' Pain - Dwrn Tanbaid o Boen
- Barg'N-Mart - Bi-&-Ciw - "ciw" means "queue"
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- Almost the entire dub uses the SpongeFont SquareType font.
- Some of the title cards use different fonts, like LasVegas.
- In January 2018, it was rumored that a second dub done by Sain Recordiau was in production (dubbing all seasons of the show) and was planned to be broadcasted on Cyw, one of Wales' leading children's networks. In may of that year, the studio confirmed that no such dub was in production.
- Interestingly enough, S4C extended operations from Stwnsh to Cyw one month after the rumor was debunked; the latter currently broadcasts the dub from Tinopolis.
- Through season 5 and some episodes of season 4, the writers are incorrectly listed in the opening credits.