Amazon Prime Video
Prepare to be blown back on your tail fins! Visit the Bikini Bottom Symphony, check out the Chum Bucket's Rome-antic new look, see SpongeBob's take on normal, hear Plankton's new band, the Patty Stealers, take a trip to the Nautical Museum and more!
Prepare to be blown back on your tail fins! In this awesome collection, you'll hear Squidward's winning musical entry in the Bikini Bottom Symphony Orchestra competition, visit the Chum Bucket's Roman Coliseum replica - complete with a man-eating lionfish, see what shapes up when SpongeBob tries being normal, groove to Plankton's new band, the Patty Stealers, dive in to all 7,400 pages of "The Complete History of All Boating Ever," wake up to a nearly empty Bikini Bottom, gain an inside look at Squiddy's place when he shows off his renovations – a la SpongeBob - on House Fancy, and so much more hilarity, you'll practically drown in it!
|103a - "Spongicus"|
|103b - "Suction Cup Symphony"|
|101a - "House Fancy"|
|101b - "Krabby Road"|
|102a - "Penny Foolish"|
|102b - "Nautical Novice"|
|104a - "Not Normal"|
|104b - "Gone"|
|List of home videos|
- Currently retired critic Roy Hrab of the DVD Verdict, highly criticized the DVD for its episodes, saying that this offering "does nothing to change my opinion," while also saying at the time that the show "has lost its edge."
- Paul Mavis of DVD Talk also criticized the episodes on the DVD, saying "I can't recommend SpongeBob SquarePants - Spongicus because it's just not consistently funny enough to warrant a buy. Only half of the eight toons here really work (with only two of those up to the normally high SpongeBob standards), with the title toon, Spongicus, a particularly limp, uneventful disappointment." He also described the extras as "lame."
Spongicus storyboard panels
- The back cover of this DVD contains pictures from these episodes:
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD for a few things:
- The first DVD to include episodes from season 6.
- The first DVD to include only season 6 episodes.
- The first DVD to start the trend of having 8 episodes instead of 7 if it does not include a special.
- The first SpongeBob SquarePants DVD to be released in 2009.
- This DVD includes previews for other Nickelodeon DVDs. These include older SpongeBob DVDs, a Back at the Barnyard DVD promo, Avatar: The Last Airbender DVDs, and The Naked Brothers Band: Season 2 DVD.
- All of the episodes in the DVD premiered in the United States in 2008.
- This DVD was released on iTunes on the same day as the DVD.
- This DVD's French title is "Grand Tournoi de Gladiatuers," which translates to "Grand Gladiatoral Tournament."