If you were looking for the article about the VHS, then see Sponge for Hire (VHS).
The setting of the cover is inside of the Krusty Krab. It portrays SpongeBob smiling with Mr. Krabs, while his arm is around SpongeBob. SpongeBob is also holding his spatula, and the title is transcribed in red and orange text.
|50b - "Krusty Krab Training Video"|
|47b - "Can You Spare a Dime?"|
|58a - "Missing Identity"|
|57a - "Krabby Land"|
|50a - "Wet Painters"|
|53a - "New Student Starfish"|
|55b - "Mid-Life Crustacean"|
|57b - "The Camping Episode"|
|List of home videos|
|- "Missing Identity (storyboard)"|
|- "Krabby Land (storyboard)"|
|- "Wet Painters (storyboard)"|
|- "New Student Starfish (storyboard)"|
|List of home videos|
- Nicktoons Recipe Book (Can only be accessed with CD-ROM)
- Currently retired critic David Ryan of the DVD Verdict was favorable on the episodes featured. "Die-hard SpongeBob fanatics won't hesitate in picking up this disc, but casual viewers may contemplate waiting for the inevitable complete set of season three's episodes." He also praised the extras, and called the storyboard "enjoyable."
- Francis Rizzo III of DVD Talk was favorable on the DVD release. "Considering that all these episodes will eventually (and probably shortly) be available in a Season Three box set, is this really worth the cost? It depends on how you collect DVDs." He also regarded the storyboards featured, as "an extra of value to any would-be animator."
- Zach B. of DVDLaunch praised the video quality but noted that "the filter Paramount puts its animated titles through result in a good deal of noise and a bit of shimmering, and yet again the "SpongeBob" episodes suffer from that problem a bit."
- This DVD contains previews for various shows. These include The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, All Grown Up!: Lucky 13 DVD and VHS tape, The Complete 2nd Season DVD box set, DuelMasters DVDs and VHS tapes, Transformers: Energon DVDs and VHS tapes, and Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams.
- This DVD features the credits from the episode "Krusty Krab Training Video" with an extended version of the music from the episode.
- This is the first single-disc SpongeBob DVD to have 8 episodes.
- This is the first single-disc SpongeBob DVD to have episodes from only one season.
- This is the first DVD to have Mr. Krabs on the cover.
- This is the first single-disc SpongeBob DVD not to contain an episode from season 1.
- This is the second single-disc SpongeBob DVD not to contain an episode from season 2. The first is Tales from the Deep.
- This is also the first single-disc SpongeBob DVD to only contain episodes from 1 season, which in this case is season 3.
- This DVD was released on Bob Jaques' 48th birthday.
- This is the first Krusty Krab-themed DVD.
- On the credits of the DVD, "Krabby Land" is misspelled as "Krabbyland."
- In the episode selection menu, an image from "As Seen on TV" can be seen, even though that episode is not on this DVD.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants theme song is shown after the closing credits to "Krusty Krab Training Video" since the episode starts with the opening credits.
- Mr. Krabs has black eyelashes on the cover instead of brown.
- ^ a b Rizzo, Francis (2004-10-27). Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge for Hire. DVD Talk. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ Ryan, David (2005-02-09). Review - Spongebob Squarepants: Home Sweet Pineapple. DVD Verdict. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ Zach B.. [http://www.dvdlaunch.com/spongebobsquarepantshire.html SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge For Hire review]. DVDLaunch. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.