|“||SpongeBob? No! [computer voice] I am SpongeTron, Welcome to the Future.||”|
— SpongeTron, "SB-129"
SpongeTron is a robot descendant of SpongeBob SquarePants who lives in the 41st century. He is seen in the episodes "SB-129" and "Ugh" and the video game SpongeBob SquarePants Through the Wormhole.
When Squidward arrives in the future, he shortly meets some SpongeTrons and PatTron in the kitchen area of the Krusty Krab, where the SpongeTrons work. There are 487 SpongeTrons, the official SpongeTron and one for each of the 486 other letters of the alphabet. They are all voiced by Tom Kenny.
His overall character is like SpongeBob's, but when he turns fully robotic, he turns in perfect square form with square eyes and a square nose and holes.
- Rocket flight - SpongeTron has small rocket boosters that he can replace with his feet.
- Hat brick - SpongeTron has a brick in his hat that he can drop on people.
- Laser hammer - SpongeTron has a hammer that can shoot a laser beam that he used to thaw out Squidward.
- Clones - SpongeTron has many other clones he may use at his disposal.
- Intelligence - Being in the future would mean SpongeTron has a vast intellect.
- Cooking - Since SpongeBob, SpongeTron's ancestor, was an excellent fry cook, that means that all the other SpongeTrons have the ability to cook as well.
SpongeTron meets Squidward frozen when he was stuck during the freezer for 2000 years. SpongeTron only met Squidward for a short amount of time. He burned the ice that frozed Squidward with Squidward being paralyzed. He then helps Squidward find the time machine in the Krusty Krab with the first one being the can opener but later, he founded the right time machine.
Role in series
He is first seen when Squidward arrives in the future. He makes a computer click sound to turn robotic.
SpongeTron's legs double as rockets, which allows him to hover over the floor. He can also pull their ties to make a robotic arm come out of their hats, holding a brick that they then will drop. The original SpongeTron has been known to boast a chrome hammer that emits a red laser beam. He uses this to free Squidward from a block of ice.
SpongeTron greets Squidward, who initially mistakes him for SpongeBob until being told otherwise. He then tells Squidward that he is in the future and tells him everything is chrome in his time. After Squidward confirms his whereabouts in the future, SpongeTron introduces Squidward to his clones, who he is shocked to see, since there are more lookalikes of his former neighbor. When Squidward voices that he needs to do something, the clones pull out their jellyfishing nets and excitedly yell "Jellyfishing!" At that moment, their best friend PatTron appears and SpongeTron greeted him.
After Squidward voices his desire to return to his own time, SpongeTron then directs him to the time machine and watch him leave while also waving goodbye.
SpongeTron briefly appears during the song "When Worlds Collide" in stock footage from "SB-129."
- Some of the SpongeTrons' last names are X, Y, and Z, so some other SpongeTrons' last names will be the other 23 letters of the 26-lettered Latin alphabet and some numbers.
- A face made by SpongeBob in "MuscleBob BuffPants" bears a slight resemblance to SpongeTron.
- In the year 4017, there are many new letters, so the SpongeTrons will have the last names for each letter.