SpongeBob and Patrick are about to go to the beach until the former realizes that his key is missing. Then, they transform themselves into SpongeLock Holmes and Dr. Patson.
Inside SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob is searching for the key, using his magnifying glass while Patrick licks his lollipop. In the bathroom, SpongeBob and Patrick look inside the bathtub and the sink for the key. SpongeBob suddenly finds the key on Patrick's body when removing his clothes.
SpongeBob asks Patrick how he got wet and sticky. The short ends with SpongeBob and Patrick looking confusingly while Dr. Patson's head in the toilet says "Intriguing."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King ["Surf's up!"]
‣ Funeral March of a Marionette - Charles Gounod, Ron Ronsted [Rest of the short]
- This short is available on the Great Patty Caper, Complete Seventh Season, SpongeShorts, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 12, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- On the Great Patty Caper, Complete Seventh Season, Next 100 Episodes and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs, the title of this short is shortened to "SpongeHolmes."
- When "SpongeLock" is looking through his magnifying glass, he is looking straight, but his other eye is looking a little to the viewers right.