SpongeGuard on Duty is a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that was released on June 1, 2004 and contains two episodes from season 1, two episodes from season 2, and four episodes from season 3. It is based on the episode of the same name.
The front cover shows SpongeBob as a lifeguard, wearing lavender sunglasses and dark blue swimsuit underwear. He also has "white stuff" on his nose. (sunscreen) along with him holding a megaphone and standing on the lifeguard tower while the guests of Goo Lagoon are looking up at him, with the background being the beach, sand and the lagoon.
|41b - "SpongeGuard on Duty"|
|4a - "Naughty Nautical Neighbors"|
|18b - "Walking Small"|
|32a - "Pressure"|
|39a - "Jellyfish Hunter"|
|44a - "Nasty Patty"|
|45b - "Doing Time"|
|53b - "Clams"|
|List of home videos|
|- "SpongeGuard on Duty (storyboard)"|
|- "Clams (storyboard)"|
|List of home videos|
- This DVD contains previews for various shows. These include The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, All Grown Up: Lucky 13 DVD and VHS tape, older SpongeBob DVDs and VHS tapes, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius DVDs and VHS tapes, and G.I. Joe: Valor vs. Venom.
- Even though the DVD cover shows the beach, it only appears in two episodes featured on this DVD, which are "SpongeGuard on Duty" and "Walking Small."
- This is the second beach-themed DVD. The first one was Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies.
- This DVD is also available on VHS, with only the first 5 episodes on it.
- The UK re-release DVD and Australian re-release DVD show SpongeBob in a red swimsuit instead of a blue one.
- Advertisements in the DVD case are ads for other Nickelodeon VHSs and DVDs. These include: SpongeBob: The Seascape Capers (VHS and DVD), SpongeBob: SpongeBob Goes Prehistoric (VHS and DVD), SpongeBob: Tide and Seek (DVD only), SpongeBob: Sea Stories (VHS and DVD), and SpongeBob: Lost at Sea (DVD only).
- Each episode is an odd-numbered chapter on the DVD. The even number chapters were skipped for some unknown reason, so the last episode ("Clams") would be chapter 15, not 8.
- The fish each change eye position on all 3 of the episode selection screens.
- This DVD was released two years after the premiere of "Chocolate with Nuts" and "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V" and one year after Hands Off! was released.
- This is the second DVD centered on an 11-minute episode. The first is Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies.
- All of the fish in the background of the original cover look unfinished.