- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- RandomLand residents (debut)
- Funny lady (debut)
- Blue creature (debut) (cameo)
- Skeleton creature (debut) (cameo)
- RandomLand delivery boys (debut) (cameo)
- Incidental RL10 (debut) (cameo)
- Bathing female (debut)
- Lady Squidward (debut)
- Red Mist Squidward (debut) (cameo) (US/UK deleted scene)
- Realtor (debut)
- Rodger (debut)
- Worm (debut)
- Random mountain (debut)
- Random finger (debut)
- RandomLand resident in picture (debut) (cameo)
- Fused man and woman creature (debut) (cameo)
- Pink wheeled slug creature (debut) (cameo)
- Sad slimy creature (debut) (cameo)
- Flying eye (debut) (cameo)
- Mechanical creature (debut) (cameo)
- Human faced creature (debut) (cameo)
- Ladder creature (debut) (cameo)
- Wheeled creature (debut) (cameo)
- Giant man (debut) (cameo)
- Kaz (cameo)
- Puzzle piece people (debut)
- RandomLand Squidward (debut) (cameo)
- RandomLand SpongeBob (debut) (cameo)
- RandomLand Patrick (debut) (cameo)
- Human dinosaurs (debut) (cameo)
- Baby Squidward (cameo) (alternate version)
The episode begins with Squidward getting a call from a RandomLand citizen who wants a Krabby Patty. Squidward almost denies, but Mr. Krabs forces both him and SpongeBob to go deliver the order, despite RandomLand being an extremely dangerous place. The two start walking there, with SpongeBob doing random walking. When he does a random dance in a grass skirt, his body disappears, making Squidward happy and also dance in a grass skirt. However, this makes Squidward's body disappear as well.
It turns out their bodies got transported to RandomLand, and the two slide down a large mountain until they eventually reach the ground. The two realize they are in RandomLand, so they start looking for the customer who ordered the Krabby Patty, while witnessing how random the place really is. The two check out several locations, but none of them are owned by the customer. While at one house, a RandomLand citizen takes the bag with the Krabby Patty inside from SpongeBob, causing him and Squidward to try to get it back. They reach her, but it turns out she only wanted the bag, and the Krabby Patty is still in the hands of the Krusty Krew.
After that, a bunch of doors start to appear behind SpongeBob and Squidward. The latter opens a few, with the inside of the doors containing extremely frightening creatures. This makes Squidward scared, but when SpongeBob thinks he saw Mr. Krabs going into one of the doors, the two chase him through many very random dimensions until they eventually end up back at the Krusty Krab again. It turns out the crab was actually the RandomLand citizen who ordered the patty. The episode ends with SpongeBob giving the patty to the customer, but it turns out that since the patty was late, the customer does not have to pay for it, causing Mr. Krabs to cry uncontrollably due to not getting his money and getting hit by the cash register, as punishment for sending his employees on a wild goose chase.
- Someone getting ejected by the cash register.
- SpongeBob being insistent on delivering the patty.
- SpongeBob and Squidward being affected by RandomLand.
A piece of behind the scenes work was revealed in this video.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ ? [Title card]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert White [Opening at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Jingle Bells B - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob comes out of the freezer]
‣ The Great White (g) - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob crashes into Squidward]
‣ Acrobats and Clowns A - Alfi Kabiljo [SpongeBob slipping with ice on his feet while he tries to take the phone]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club A - David Bell, Otto Sieben [Squidward answers the phone]
‣ High Destiny - Laurie Johnson [Krabs comes out from under the boat]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward tells Krabs they don't deliver anything to RandomLand]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (d) - Ron Goodwin ["...where the laws of nature change randomly, and the people are all cuckoo..."]
‣ Jingle Bells B - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob comes out from behind the chalkboard]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["...don't mean The Krusty Krab won't attempt to take their money!"]
‣ Jingle Bells B - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob skating and making snow fall]
‣ Sunshine Whistle March C - Niels Holland, H C Mylla ["The delivery will be made and the mission will be accomplished, sir!"]
‣ Box Melody - Leo Nissim ["How do I get to RandomLand?"]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (d) - Ron Goodwin ["No one really knows, you just walk around... randomly."]
‣ Bright and Active - Dieter Reith [SpongeBob walking randomly around the Krusty Krab]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club A - David Bell, Otto Sieben ["That idiot's getting lost for sure."]
‣ Scary Chase - Alan Wynn [Squidward panicking]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club A - David Bell, Otto Sieben [Krabs launches Squidward out of the Krusty Krab]
‣ Bright and Active - Dieter Reith [SpongeBob walking randomly through Bikini Bottom]
‣ Shock (f) - Dave Hewson [SpongeBob disappears]
‣ Melodrama - Eric Spear ["Oh no, SpongeBob has disappeared! What ever will I do?"]
‣ Moloka'i Nui A - Kapono Beamer [Squidward dancing happily the hula]
‣ ? [Squidward appears in RandomLand]
• ? - Ego Plum [SpongeBob and Squidward fall down a mountain]
• Forbidden Sponge - Ego Plum [SpongeBob and Squidward fall into some tubes]
‣ ? ["Good Neptune, you're hideous!"]
‣ ? ["Well, here we are in RandomLand. Sure is for that."]
‣ Washing Machine - Jean-Jacques Perrey [SpongeBob and Squidward walking through RandomLand]
• RNDMLND EXP 04: JJP Reconstruction - Ego Plum [Tire bird lays an egg with SpongeBob and Squidward inside/Lost delivery boys are shown]
‣ Olympia Bridge 1 - Gregor F. Narholz ["This delivery is property of the Krusty Krab, until it is in the hands of the person who ordered it!"]
‣ Cocktail Lounge - Dick Walter [Lady creature eats the phone]
‣ ? [Squidward's face full of lady creature's slime]
‣ Evil Wizard B - Udi Harpaz ["Why don't we just arbitrarily knock on doors?!"]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Squidward approach Screwball Street]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Squidward find an upside down house]
‣ Cocktail Lounge - Dick Walter [Lady Squidward appears on the paper]
• Elbbow Inihaw - Ego Plum [SpongeBob meets the owner of the upside down house and the lady creature takes the delivery]
‣ ? [SpongeBob falls out of the upside down house]
‣ Cocktail Lounge - Dick Walter [Lady Squidward puckers lips]
‣ The Great White (g) - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob's head pops out from the paper]
‣ Death Clock E - Dick De Benedictis ["The bag has been snatched!"]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Squidward chasing the lady creature]
‣ Striptease A - Peter Fallowell ["Oh, it's all about balance."]
‣ ? ["I order you to return that delivery to the Krusty Krab!"]
‣ ? - Ego Plum [Puzzle pieces form a door]
‣ Drama Link (o) - Hubert Clifford ["But what about the patty?"]
• Red Mist Cue - Ego Plum [Wall of doors appear in front of SpongeBob and Squidward]
[REMOVED] ‣ Epilog - Gerhard Trede ["This place is a nightmare! No one's ever returned!"]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees Krabs opening one of the doors]
• ? - Ego Plum [SpongeBob and Squidward chasing Krabs]
‣ Hello Sailor (b) - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob and Squidward return to the Krusty Krab]
• RNDMLND EXP 11: Downside Up 02 - Ego Plum [Rodger came to the Krusty Krab to complain about not getting his delivery]
‣ Far Away from Home - Rudolf Angerer [Krabs crying]
‣ ? [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 and The Complete Twelfth Season DVDs.
- The character designs for RandomLand SpongeBob, RandomLand Squidward, and RandomLand Patrick in this episode were also used in the comic strip SpongeBob in Patrick the Ride from Nickelodeon Magazine. Both the comic strip and this episode were written by Kaz.
- The Krusty Krab policy says, "If it's late, it's FREE!" in this episode, even though it said "money back guarantee" in "Pickles."
- SpongeBob refers to the Krusty Krab as the Krabby Krust while in an upside-down house, which is a reference to "Lost in Bikini Bottom."
- The fourth wall is broken several times in this episode:
- Squidward looks at the audience saying, "Of course!" when SpongeBob catches up with him.
- He later tells the audience that he hates his life. When he said "I hate my life", it is possibly one of the quotes said by Ed Bighead from Rocko's Modern Life.
- In the upside-down house, the realtor moves the screen upside-down and towards SpongeBob.
- The funny lady breaks the fourth wall at the end of the episode.
- A worm goes through the circle iris, and shows its teeth to the viewers, in which it shows "end."
- Squidward looks at the audience saying, "Of course!" when SpongeBob catches up with him.
- "Cocktail Lounge" plays for the first time since "Penny Foolish," from back in season 6.
- The writer of the episode, Kaz, appears as the live-action man whose hair is cut like a lawn.
- Kaz's name is also included in the episode, as when Mr. Krabs is talking about the craziness of RandomLand, one of the many equations seen on the blackboard is "K=az2."
- Also on the blackboard reads "12:20", which is a reference to the episode's production code, being 1220.
- The title card background for this episode is similar to those of "The Card" and "Life Insurance."
- In the scene where a wall of doors appear in front of SpongeBob and Squidward, the latter opens a door above him to reveal what looks like a copy of his bedroom. However, the room quickly turns into static, and a Squidward head with red eyes and bleeding black mascara flashes onscreen (Red Mist Squidward). The head is likely a reference to Squidward's Suicide - also known as "Red Mist" - a popular Internet horror story based on SpongeBob, which involves Squidward committing suicide and having red mist eyes.
- In the UK version of this episode, the scene was cut out. In response to the censorship, Adam Paloian said, "It's actually kind of fun that it got censored."
- However, the scene was cut in the United States in November 2019, being replaced by Baby Squidward from "Goo Goo Gas." According to Vincent Waller on Twitter, it was due to a Standards and Practices issue.
- When this episode premiered in Russia, Poland, France, Wallonia, and Israel, the scene was left uncensored.
- In France, Greece, and the Arab League, the Baby Squidward scene was applied, with the audio taken from the Red Mist one.
- In South Korea and Indonesia, the Baby Squidward scene was applied normally.
- Canadian airings on YTV and Latin American airings on Nickelodeon Latin America still air this episode uncut.
- On the Nick App, this scene is still intact.
- His jumpscare in this deleted scene became a popular meme with a bold text saying, "Don't ask who Joe is."
- On The Complete Twelfth Season DVD, only the edited version of this episode is used with Baby Squidward.
- For some reason, the closed-captions on Nickelodeon USA airings still say, "[intense music]" in the Baby Squidward version.
- This and "SpongeBob's Bad Habit" are the highest viewed 11-minute episodes of season 12.
- Although Patrick does not appear in this episode, his RandomLand counterpart makes a cameo in this episode.
- This episode, "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout," and "SpongeBob's Bad Habit" all start with SpongeBob's name in the title in addition to following each other in production order, marking this as the only instance in the series where three episodes in production order start with the same character's name.
- According to Adam Paloian, this episode is mainly a tribute to Kaz's artwork.
- This episode was inspired by the 1938 Looney Tunes cartoon Porky in Wackyland.
- A baseball is seen on the 86 Screwball St sign.
- The roses that SpongeBob was talking about resembles to "Thistles."
- There was originally going to be a scene where there was a guy that lived in a pile of spaghetti, and SpongeBob would've whipped the spaghetti house with a fork and then later he would've been riding a meatball. This scene was cut due to time constraints.
- In the Latin American dub, the title for this episode is "Bob Esponja en LocoLandia" which translates to "SpongeBob in WackyLand."
- Irony: Squidward could have just been quiet so he won't have to go with SpongeBob.
- The title, as well as the plot, is a reference to the 1865 book Alice in Wonderland and 1951 film by Walt Disney.
- This is the second title to be a play on Alice In Wonderland, after "Squidward in Clarinetland."
- The title and plot of this episode could also be seen as a reference to the 1938 Looney Tunes cartoon short Porky in Wackyland.
- One of the pictures on Krabs' blackboard is a wormhole.
- A reference to the Looney Tunes can also be seen on the bottom right of Mr. Krabs blackboard.
- The background art for RandomLand resembles Salvador Dalí's painting The Persistence of Memory.
- The bathing creature has a tattoo on her leg that resembles Goofy.
- According to storyboard artist Adam Paloian, the second variation of Squidward during the door scene is a reference to the works of Basil Wolverton, an artist known for his detailed grotesques of bizarre or misshapen people.
- The fused man and woman creature resembles a yin-yang.
- The dinosaurs during the chase sequence were modeled after the punk band The Ramones.
- The caterpillar in the end card somewhat resembles the style from Oggy and The Cockroaches.
- When SpongeBob is talking to Rodger, Squidward's forehead wrinkles disappear for one frame.
- When Squidward says, "The neighborhood must be affecting my speech," his neck and body are disconnected.
- ^ https://tv24.se/kanal/nickelodeon/2019-11-14
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157196647015782&set=a.136249865781&type=3&theater
- ^ Found by [Eugene_Squarex https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrx-uFDpncBe-CDyaU-gRXw/community?lb=Ugz1btF40GD2p8pl-9V4AaABCQ]
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1175457100127825920
- ^ https://web.archive.org/web/20190922180400/https://twitter.com/adampaloian/status/1175497577355067392
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1194285563160887297
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wonlATAU3Io
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea1E1T6fJ04
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PZWsVIYKyo
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R63bkdZiyY
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXaAABi5d5U
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O2zVa2Ono0
- ^ https://youtu.be/drPW-lrpBIg
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYyV57XQSFI
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML5TVfDcv6Y
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PelkHckkmu4
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6sPC3WCkrg
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWn7IDTQ-MI
- ^ https://www.nick.com/episodes/8gpkl1/spongebob-squarepants-spongebob-in-randomland-spongebob-s-bad-habit-season-12-ep-7
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJOSfnN_wqY
- ^ https://kazunderworld.com/spongebob-in-randomland-drawings/
- ^ https://twitter.com/adampaloian/status/1175491170106916865