This article is in need of one or more better quality images. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better image or editing the current image.
The SpongeBob Z-A Countdown was a marathon event that led up to the premiere of the TV special "Atlantis SquarePantis." In the weeks before the premiere of the episode, the fans voted online for their favorite episodes. The world premiere of the marathon started on November 12, 2007 at 9:00am EST. Each episode corresponded to a letter of the alphabet going in reverse order. It started with Z, for Plan Z in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
It ended with A, for "Atlantis SquarePantis." Additionally, a countdown clock would appear on the bottom right corner of the screen, displaying the amount of time left until the premiere of "Atlantis SquarePantis."
During the marathon at 5:00pm EST, Patchy the Pirate started to host the remainder of the marathon from the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. One hour later, Patchy went underwater for his underwater talk show.
After the H episode aired, Patchy the Pirate went through the top 3 reasons to go to Atlantis:
- You never get lost in a lost city.
- All you can eat seafood buffet.
- No traffic.
Z to A list
- Interstitials for the countdown were produced and written by Melissa France, and art directed by award-winning designer Tamar Samir; production was finished 20 days before the marathon aired. Scenes from "Prehibernation Week," "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve," "Survival of the Idiots," "Atlantis SquarePantis," "Help Wanted," "Wormy," "Life of Crime," "MuscleBob BuffPants," "Krab Borg," and "Hooky" are featured in them.
- This is the second marathon to occur during hours normally taken up by the Nick Jr. block. The first is the Best Day Ever marathon.
- ^ Turbo Nick
- ^ Z corresponds to Plankton's Evil Plan Z for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
- ^ Y is for "You Wish" in "Shanghaied."
- ^ Y is for "You're" in "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired"
- ^ X is for X marks the spot in "Arrgh!"
- ^ X is for X-treme sports in "Prehibernation Week"
- ^ X is for Xtraterrestial in "Sandy's Rocket"
- ^ W is for "Where's Gary," the alternative name for "Have You Seen This Snail?"
- ^ V is for "Voyage" in "Squidtastic Voyage."
- ^ V is for "Vacation" in "Bummer Vacation"
- ^ U is for the "U" in "F.U.N."
- ^ U is for "Unknown" in "Artist Unknown"
- ^ U is for "Unfriendly" in "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost."
- ^ S is for "SpongeBob B.C.," the alternative title of "Ugh."
- ^ According to Turbo Nick, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie is put under the "R" category because "This Movie is rated R." Even though the movie is rated PG, no other explanation is given for this. It might be a reference to Squidward's joke in "Krab Borg," "Why couldn't the 11-year-old see the pirate movie? It was rated ARRRRR (R)!
- ^ Q is for "Quitting" for "Krusty Towers."
- ^ Q corresponds to "Quickster" as seen in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V.
- ^ Q corresponds to "Quality Control" in "Pickles."
- ^ TurboNick displays "House Party" instead of "Party Pooper Pants."
- ^ M is for "Movie" in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- ^ L is for "Lost in Time," an alternative name for "Dunces and Dragons."
- ^ E is for "Experiments" for "Chimps Ahoy."