This article is in need of one or more better quality images. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better image or editing the current image.
SpongeBob Tarau Porowhā is the Maori dub of SpongeBob SquarePants. Episodes are dubbed in Maori and air on Māori Television in New Zealand. The episodes are aired, but their air dates are unknown. It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Tiare Tawera - SpongeBob SquarePants
- Charlie Tepana - Patrick Star
- Matutaera Ngaropo - Squidward Tentacles
- Puka Moeau - Eugene H. Krabs
- Hana O'Regan - Sandy Cheeks
- Viv Wigby-Ngātai - Mrs. Puff
- Chey Milne - Sheldon J. Plankton
- Puka Moeau - Larry the Lobster
- Wepiha Te Kanawa - French Narrator
- Herea Winitana - Mermaid Man
- Ngātarawāhi Fairhall - Barnacle Boy
- Kahukore Bell - Pearl Krabs
|“||Maori Language Week, Te Wiki o Te Reo Maori, is intended to encourage New Zealanders to learn te reo Maori. We believe the SpongeBob Tarau Porowha shows will contribute to the education of New Zealand kids about te reo Maori – in a way that is fun.||”|
— John Bishara, CEO of Te Mangai Paho, the Maori Broadcasting Funding Agency
The series premiered on June 27, 2009 for the Māori Language Week as part of an initiative held by Sky Network Television to promote the language to children. Five episodes were shown throughout the week on the local feed of Nickelodeon, dubbed at Cinco Cine Film Productions and funded by Te Māngai Pāho. This was repeated the following year with five new episodes. In November of 2010 however, Nickelodeon New Zealand shut down.
A new dub was commissioned for Māori Television, who acquired the rights to air some Nickelodeon series dubbed in the language and also funded by Te Māngai Pāho. The new dub started airing in July 2014 and various seasons have been transmitted.
- The logo of this dub is in English.
- Music in season 4 and later on play one semitone higher than normal, as with all other airings of season 4 and later in New Zealand.
This article is in need of expansion, but it is not a stub. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by adding more information. Please remove this template when done.