This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
|Azhary Kulon||8-10, 11-present||GTV|
|Mr. Krabs||Dadang Hidayat||1-3||Lativi|
|Sandy Cheeks||Lady Carmelita Novita||1-3||Lativi|
|Jheni Rinjo||1-3 ||GTV|
|Sani Oktania||4-8 ||GTV|
|Mrs. Puff||Dewi Kamra Indah Jaya||1-7||GTV|
|Lady Carmelita Novita||8-10, 11-present||GTV|
|French Narrator||Dadang Hidayat||1-3||Lativi|
|Solihin Bumi||9-10, 11-present||GTV|
|Plankton||Salman Pranata||1-7, 8-present||GTV|
|Adith Siddiq Permana||7||GTV|
|Flying Dutchman||Salman Pranata||1-present||GTV|
|Karen||Dewi Kamra Indah Jaya|
|Lady Carmelita Novita||8-10, 11-present ||GTV|
|Pearl Krabs||Lady Carmelita Novita||8-10||GTV|
- There are many translation inconsistencies in the Indonesian series of SpongeBob SquarePants. The reason is possibly the different dubbing studio and different translation that used to dub the series. Some of them are:
- Flying Dutchman usually untranslated. But in a few episodes, his name translated into "Belanda Terbang." The translated version is hard to be recognized by young audiences. The "Belanda Terbang" version can be heard in the episode "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One."
- Mrs. Puff sometimes translated to "Ibu Puff" and "Nyonya Puff." Both of them are the same, but the most used one and the exact translation is the "Nyonya Puff" version. The "Ibu Puff" version can be heard in the episode "Nautical Novice."
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy usually untranslated. But in a few episodes, their name translated into "Manusia Mermaid" and "Bocah Barnacle." It can be heard in the episode "The Card." Oddly enough, it didn't fully translate because there is no proper and exact translation for mermaid and barnacle in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Mermaid means "Putri duyung" and there are many translations for barnacle, many of them are "teritip", "remis", "kepah", "kijing".
- The exact translation of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy in Bahasa Indonesia means "Manusia putri duyung" and "Bocah remis". Both translations makes the full translation funny
- Sometimes, "Boating school" translated into one or a combination of the following sentences on below :
- "Sekolah mengemudi" (Driving School).
- "Sekolah lalu lintas" (Traffic School).
- "Kursus kapal" (Boating Course).
- "Kursus mengemudi" (Driving Course).
- "Sekolah kapal" (Ship School).
- The exact translation of "Boating school" in Indonesian is "Sekolah Berperahu."
- The most used is "Sekolah kapal."
- Sometimes, "Old Man Jenkins" translated into one or a combination of the following sentences on below :
- Jenkins si Kakek Tua (lit. Jenkins the Old Grandpa in "Friend or Foe")
- Kakek Jenkins (Grandpa Jenkins)
- Kakek Tua Jenkins (Old Grandpa Jenkins)
- Pak Jenkins (Sr. Jenkins)
- The exact translation and most used is "Pak Tua Jenkins"
- F.E.M.A sometimes translated to "P.S.K.K.L" ("Perbaiki Si Kepala Kosong Lagi") it can be heard in the episode "The Nitwitting." 
- The music score sometimes subbed and sometimes unsubbed. The subbed one can be seen in the episode "Atlantis SquarePantis."
- When SpongeBob aired in Lativi, the music weren't subbed to Indonesian.
- In past airings until the mid 2010s, the subtitle for music score is yellow-colored with black outlines. Nowadays, the TV channel (GTV) which is SpongeBob aired is replacing it with white-colored and black outlines. The channel uses the replacing method because the subtitle is hard to dubbed. Also, the reason why the channel changes the subtitle color is to match the colors of all program's subtitle in that channel.
- The intro, title cards, time cards, credits, and ending isn't dubbed and keep in English.
- This also happens to all shows airing on Nickelodeon Indonesia.
- However, because GTV created special airing, SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. All of these are removed.
Lots of scenes were deleted during airing in GTV (formerly Global TV) because GTV puts more ad-breaks on the middle of episodes or possibly to prevent violation of Indonesian Broadcasting Commission's (KPI) regulations (possibly some of the scenes are considered inappropriate for viewers especially kids and they didn't want some viewers to imitate it), especially in every montage or music score scene. But sometimes,GTV cutted some trivial scenes,making some people annoyed.
- "Help Wanted" - The scene where SpongeBob jumps from the diving board is cut in current airing because the scene is considered inappropriate.
- "Jellyfishing" - The scene where Patrick blows the hot soup onto Squidward's bandaged face several times and Squidward's palm zoomed after Patrick stabs jellyfish net to Squidward's palm was cut in current airing because the scene is considered inappropriate.
- Although, this scene was remained in the past.
- "Suds" - All live action's scene are cut in current airing because Indonesian Broadcasting Commission warned it although this scene was aired normally in the past.
- "Your Shoe's Untied" - The scene where SpongeBob is watching a sea anemone "dancing" was sometimes removed for saving time or inappropriate reason.
- "Squid's Day Off" - The scene where Spongebob tries to pull Mr Krabs's hand which Mr. Krab's hand stuck at sink is cut because the scene is presumed contain sexual content.
- "Procrastination" - The scene where SpongeBob looks out the window, all his friends are there, and Patrick rubbing Sandy with Sun Lotion then says, "Come on, SpongeBob!" and SpongeBob exercising were cut in past airing due to save time for ads. For few times, because the runtime is lengthened, that scene has remained although only shows few times.
- The scene where SpongeBob imagining a car crash isn't cut.
- "Squid on Strike" - The scene where Squidward pull SpongeBob body until SpongeBob's skeleton and internal organs visible are cut due to gruesome sightings.
- "My Pretty Seahorse" - The scene where Patrick tries to enter a hat shop at the end of the episode sometimes is cut. This is probably due to ads.
- "Just One Bite" - Squidward enters Krusty Krab normally without the controversial deleted torture scene.
- "Party Pooper Pants" - all of the Patchy scenes are cut for unknown reason.
- However in the past, all Patchy scenes remained normally.
- "Ugh" - The scene where SpongeGar woke up and then hit by a rock because of the noisy alarm, SpongeGar and Patar hurt themselves, Squog hits Patar and SpongeGar with a club stick, Patar eats a stick, Squog fights with SpongeGar until they club-whacking each other, Squog being struck by a lightning are cut.
- "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" - The scene where SpongeBob steps on Tattletale Strangler's eyes with spiky shoes are cut due of inappropriate for children. The scene when Strangler punches Spongebob also cutted.
- "Bummer Vacation" - The scene where Spongebob wears Patrick's costume was cut possibly because the episode itself was being too long even the episode itself often paired with ads. It assumed that Indonesian Broadcasting Commission considered this scene was gruesome.
- "Stanley S. SquarePants" - The scene where SpongeBob and Stanley visited Sandy's House and SpongeBob in Mr. Krabs' office to talk about Stanley are cut for unknown reason.
- "House Fancy" - The sofa-moving scene that makes Squidward's toenail ripped are cut for being inappropriate and Indonesian Broadcasting Commission warned it and considered that scene was being too sadist.
- "Sun Bleached" - The Soda commercial guy scene is cut for unknown reason.
- "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy" - The scene where Sandy appear without her fur and Plankton goes to Krusty Krab with Sandy's fur were censored and blurred due to nudity.
- Currently, this episode along with its sister episode never aired again. It is most likely because both of these episodes have inappropriate scenes.
- "Life Insurance" - The scene of pillow-fight, hit with a rake, SpongeBob and Patrick got lightning and Squidward on the Sushi Maker was removed due of violence and time saving for ad-breaks.
- Most of episodes that have inappropriate,dangerous,or trivial scenes were skipped or cut in Indonesia.
- The dub sometimes muted most of cursing, swearing words such as "Stupid" and "Dumb" because they are considered profanity in Indonesia.
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- Currently, SpongeBob SquarePants is the longest Nickelodeon's cartoon that still continued airing in Indonesia.
- There are some special airing programs created by the channel where SpongeBob was aired in GTV, which are:
- Happy Bareng SpongeBob (Happy with SpongeBob) which aired in weekend morning. Currently, this special is no longer aired in favor of The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, which wasn't an actual movie. Instead, it's a randomly picked regular episode with translated or custom episode's name without intro, title cards and credits (possibly for saving time or possibly to resemble actual movie).
- It broadcast everyday and it was the part of Big Movies Candyland and then Big Movies Family.
- The reason and the purpose that GTV created this special airing is because GTV also airs non-Nickelodeon program which SpongeBob is currently only Nickelodeon's cartoon air on that channel and GTV want to combine all cartoon program on that channel into single program which also extending "Big Movies" name since "Big Movies Platinum" was very success to increase GTV's profit, and GTV want to air episode randomly ordered instead ordered episode.
- Also, GTV added a custom Indonesian title name of episode which the title name is come from one of the scene and the reason is for increasing rating and share numbers. This special airing have become GTV's mainstay in scoring ratings during the daytime slot.
- In order to maintain a cartoon show variations in GTV, this special airing often aired with another cartoon (such as Tom and Jerry Tales or Rabbids Invasion).
- Perangkap (Trap), is a 30-minute program that shows how to make a trap that was voiced by Ade Kurniawan (Indonesian voice actors of SpongeBob in Season 1 - ½ of Season 5 episodes) with Dewi Sartika (a female Indonesian voice actor of Nobita in Doraemon anime television series). Currently, this show is no longer airing.
- Hypening, a program that shows variety of funny videos and news magazine (at some new episodes) that was voiced by Ade Kurniawan too.
- The reason of ads are often airs in middle of episode's scene and more ads when Spongebob aired in GTV is possibly because mainly for increasing profits and the policy of GTV itself.
- However, this causes time constraints and few scene of episodes are skipped.
- This also happened in several foreign cartoons aired in Indonesia.
- The actually SpongeBob Movie was airing only on TransTV. However, TransTV version have different dub than GTV dub.
- ^ Dibalik Dunia Dubbing
- ^ My Jakarta: Ade Kurniawan, Former Dubbing Artist for Indonesian Voice of SpongeBob SquarePants
- ^ a b c d e Yani, Muchammad (17 June 2017). Ternyata Mereka Sosok di Balik Suara Kartun SpongeBob SquarePants. Merah Putih. Retrieved on 8 September 2018.
- ^ Yuk Mengenal Profesi Dubber. Koran Sindo. MNC Group (4 April 2014). Archived from the original on 14 August 2014. Retrieved on 8 September 2018.
- ^ a b https://www.facebook.com/kaorinusantara/photos/a.274580689219973.78502.217045254973517/514869561857750/?type=3&theater
- ^ https://www.vidio.com/watch/14918-spongebob-bahasa-indonesia-something-smells?channel_id=29512 Spongebob (Bahasa Indonesia) - Something Smells
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5GFC4UOmoE
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/kaorinusantara/photos/a.274580689219973.78502.217045254973517/274583195886389/?type=3&theater
- ^ a b https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHY1sD0Z5R0&t=0s
- ^ https://www.kaorinusantara.or.id/newsline/9094/dewi-kamra-indah-jaya-tutup-usia Dewi Kamra Indah Jaya Tutup Usia
- ^ a b Dubber Plankton di Spongebob Squarepants, SPIDER MAN, Sokka Di Avatar Legend of Aang, Dll
- ^ a b c https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sPW_lWYeg4
- ^ https://youtu.be/ygxIAsD5YKA
- ^ https://uzone.id/9-adegan-film-spongebob-squarepants-yang-kena-sensor-kpi
This article is in need of expansion, but it is not a stub. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by adding more information. Please remove this template when done.