This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
|Mr. Krabs||Dadang Hidayat||1-3||Lativi|
|Sandy Cheeks||Lady Carmelita Novita||1-3||Lativi|
|Sani Oktania||4-8 ||GTV|
|Mrs. Puff||Dewi Kamra Indah Jaya||1-7||GTV|
|Lady Carmelita Novita||8-10, 11-present||GTV|
|French Narrator||Dadang Hidayat||1-3||Lativi|
|Solihin Bumi||9-10, 11-present||GTV|
|Plankton||Salman Borneo||1-7, 8-present||GTV|
|Adith Siddiq Permana||7||GTV|
|Flying Dutchman||Salman Borneo||1-present||GTV|
|Karen Plankton||Dewi Kamra Indah Jaya|
|Lady Carmelita Novita||8-10, 11-present ||GTV|
|Pearl Krabs||Lady Carmelita Novita||8-10||GTV|
- There are many translation inconsistencies in the Indonesian series of SpongeBob SquarePants. The reason is possibly the different dubbing studio and different translation that used to dub the series. Some of them are:
- Flying Dutchman sometimes untranslated and sometimes translated into "Belanda Terbang." The translated version is hard to be recognized by young audiences. The untranslated version can be heard in the episode "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One."
- Mrs. Puff sometimes translated to "Ibu Puff" and "Nyonya Puff." Both of them are the same, but the most used one and the exact translation is the "Nyonya Puff" version. The "Ibu Puff" version can be heard in the episode "Nautical Novice."
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy sometimes untranslated or translated to "Manusia Mermaid" and "Bocah Barnacle." It can be heard in the episode "The Card." Oddly enough, it didn't fully translate because there is no proper and exact translation for mermaid and barnacle in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Mermaid means "Putri duyung" (The exact translation of "Mermaid Man" is "Manusia putri duyung" makes the full translation funny) and there are many translations for barnacle, many of them are "teritip", "remis", "kepah", "kijing"("Bocah remis" also makes the full translation funny).
- Sometimes, "Boating school" translated into one or a combination of the following sentences on below :
- "Sekolah mengemudi." (Driving School)
- "Sekolah lalu lintas." (Traffic School)
- "Kursus kapal." (Boating Course)
- "Kursus mengemudi." (Driving Course)
- "Sekolah kapal." (Ship School)
- The exact translation of "Boating school" in Indonesian is "Sekolah Berperahu"
- F.E.M.A sometimes translated to "P.S.K.K.L" ("Perbaiki Si Kepala Kosong Lagi") it can be heard in the episode "The Nitwitting" 
- The music score sometimes subbed and sometimes didn't.
- During Spongebob aired in Lativi, the music weren't subbed to Indonesian.
- In past airings until the mid 2010s, the subtitle for music score is yellow-colored with black outlines. Nowadays, the TV channel (GTV) which is SpongeBob aired is replacing it with white-colored and black outlines. The channel uses the replacing method because the subtitle is hard to dubbed. Also, the reason why the channel changes the subtitle color is to match the colors of all program's subtitle in that channel.
- The intro, title cards, time cards, credits and ending isn't dubbed and keep in English.
- This also happens to all shows airing on Nickelodeon Indonesia.
- However, because GTV created special airing, Spongebob Squarepants Movie. The intro, title cards, time cards, credits and ending is never used.
Lots of scenes were deleted during airing in Global TV (now GTV) because GTV puts more ad-breaks on the middle of episodes or possibly to prevent violation of Indonesian Broadcasting Commission's (KPI) regulations (possibly some of the scenes are considered inappropriate, unsuitable for kids and they didn't want some viewer to imitate it), especially in every montage or music score scene.
- "Ugh" - The scene where SpongeGar and Patar hurt themselves, Squog hits Patar and SpongeGar with a club stick, Patar eats a stick, Squog fights with SpongeGar until they club-whacking each other, Squog being struck by a lightning are cut.
- "Procrastination" - The scene in where SpongeBob looks out the window, all his friends are there, and Patrick rubbing Sandy with Sun Lotion then says, "Come oon, SpongeBob!" and SpongeBob exercising were cut in past airing due to save time for ads. Nowadays, because the runtime is lengthened, that scene has remained
- The scene where SpongeBob imagining a car crash isn't cut.
- "Your Shoe's Untied" - The scene where SpongeBob is watching a sea anemone "dancing" was sometimes removed for saving time or inappropriate reason.
- "Just One Bite" - Squidward enters Krusty Krab normally without the controversial deleted torture scene .
- "Squid on Strike" - The scene where Squidward pull SpongeBob body until SpongeBob's skeleton and internal organs visible are cut due to gruesome sightings.
- In Party Pooper Pants, all of the Patchy scenes are cut.
- However In the past, all Patchy scenes remained normally.
- "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" - The scene where SpongeBob steps on Tattletale Strangler's eyes with spiky shoes are cut due of dangerous and unsuitable scene for children.
- "Stanley S. SquarePants" - The scene where SpongeBob & Stanley visited Sandy's House are cut for unknown reason.
- "Sun Bleached" - The Soda commercial guy scene is cut for unknown reasons
- "House Fancy" - The sofa-moving scene that makes Squidward's toenail ripped are cut for being inappropriate and Indonesian Broadcasting Commission warned it and considered that scene was being too sadist.
- However, the scene was aired several times in Indonesia.
- "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy" - The scene where Sandy appear without her fur and Plankton goes to Krusty Krab with Sandy's fur were censored and blurred due to nudity.
- "Life Insurance" - The scene of pillow-fight, hit with a rake, SpongeBob and Patrick got lightning and Squidward on the Sushi Maker was removed due of violence and time saving for advertisement.
- Currently, Spongebob Squarepants is the longest Nickelodeon's cartoon that still continued airing in Indonesia.
- Currently, There are some special airing programs created by the channel where SpongeBob was aired in GTV, which are:
- Happy Bareng SpongeBob (Happy with SpongeBob) which aired in weekend morning.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, which wasn't an actual movie. Instead, it's a randomly picked regular episode with translated or custom episode's name without intro, title cards and credits (possibly for saving time or not to waste time).
- It broadcast everyday and it was the part of Big Movie Candyland and then Big Movie Family.
- The reason and the purpose that GTV created this special airing is because GTV also airs non-Nickelodeon program which Spongebob is currently only Nickelodeon's cartoon air on that channel and GTV want to combine all cartoon program on that channel into single program which also extending "Big Movie" name, and GTV want to air episode randomly ordered instead ordered episode. Also, GTV added a custom Indonesian title name of episode which the title name is come from one of the scene and the reason is for the sake of breaking the rating and share numbers. This special airing have become GTV's mainstay in scoring ratings during the daytime slot.
- In order to maintain a cartoon show variations in GTV, this special airing often aired with another cartoon (such as Tom and Jerry Tales or Curious George ).
- Perangkap (Trap) (It is a 30-minute program that shows how to make a trap that was voiced by Ade Kurniawan (Indonesian voice actors of SpongeBob in Season 1 - ½ of Season 5 episodes) with Dewi Sartika, a female Indonesian voice actor of Nobita in Doraemon anime television series).
- The reason of ads are often airs in middle of episode's scene and more ads is possibly because they are promoting some promotional contents such as products for increasing profits and TV promotions
- However, this causes time constraints and few scene of episodes are skipped.
- This also happened in several foreign cartoons aired in Indonesia.
- ^ Dibalik Dunia Dubbing
- ^ My Jakarta: Ade Kurniawan, Former Dubbing Artist for Indonesian Voice of SpongeBob SquarePants
- ^ a b c d e Yani, Muchammad (17 June 2017). Ternyata Mereka Sosok di Balik Suara Kartun SpongeBob SquarePants. Merah Putih. Retrieved on 8 September 2018.
- ^ Yuk Mengenal Profesi Dubber. Koran Sindo. MNC Group (4 April 2014). Archived from the original on 14 August 2014. Retrieved on 8 September 2018.
- ^ a b https://www.facebook.com/kaorinusantara/photos/a.274580689219973.78502.217045254973517/514869561857750/?type=3&theater
- ^ Sample voice of Arya Samaji
- ^ https://www.vidio.com/watch/14918-spongebob-bahasa-indonesia-something-smells?channel_id=29512 Spongebob (Bahasa Indonesia) - Something Smells
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5GFC4UOmoE
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/kaorinusantara/photos/a.274580689219973.78502.217045254973517/274583195886389/?type=3&theater
- ^ a b https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHY1sD0Z5R0&t=0s
- ^ https://www.kaorinusantara.or.id/newsline/9094/dewi-kamra-indah-jaya-tutup-usia Dewi Kamra Indah Jaya Tutup Usia
- ^ a b Dubber Plankton di Spongebob Squarepants, SPIDER MAN, Sokka Di Avatar Legend of Aang, Dll
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sPW_lWYeg4
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sPW_lWYeg4
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sPW_lWYeg4
- ^ https://youtu.be/ygxIAsD5YKA
This article is in need of expansion, but it is not a stub. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by adding more information. Please remove this template when done.