- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Tattletale Strangler (debut)
- Dark purple officer (debut)
- Officer Nancy O'Malley
- Incidental 118
- Yellow officer
- Officer Slugfish
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Larry the Lobster
- Orange construction worker
- Tough Tavern Customers
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 154
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 102BABY
- Incidental 4
- French Narrator
- Incidental 30
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 37A
- Gary the Snail
- Incidental 18
- Mrs. Puff
- Incidental 60
- Patrick Star
- Pearl Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Incidental 150
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Incidental 68 (tan)
- Incidental 64
While on duty at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob has a man arrested for littering. After calling the police on him, Squidward reveals that the stranger is, in fact, the Tattletale Strangler, an extremely dangerous criminal who murders anyone who reports him to the cops by strangling them. Seconds later, the Strangler escapes and begins planning to kill SpongeBob. SpongeBob looks for a bodyguard for protection, but no one will take the job knowing that they would have to face the Strangler. He decides to go into hiding until the Strangler gives upon him, but then a man, who is the Strangler using a fake mustache as a disguise, offers to take the job, intending to lead SpongeBob to a place where he can kill him with no other witnesses. SpongeBob, oblivious to his identity, hires him. However, SpongeBob needs to run some errands first.
When they finally arrive at SpongeBob's house, the lights then turn on, revealing a "100% on-time average" surprise party. The party goes on for a considerable length of time. Once it ends, the Strangler then attempts to choke him again, but the guests come back for a birthday party for SpongeBob. After the party ends and the two are finally alone, he tries again, but then Patrick shows up for some odd reason. The Strangler tries to get rid of him, saying that he could be the Strangler in disguise. Patrick then runs off thinking that he is the strangler, breaking through the wall and running off to turn himself in.
SpongeBob is confused upon realizing that Patrick is the Strangler. The real Strangler, enraged, reveals his true identity and intentions by removing his disguise. However, SpongeBob still seemingly fails to understand and is amazed at the Strangler being able to tear off his mustache without shaving cream. The latter yells at him that it is a fake he bought at the party store. The guests return upon overhearing the word "party." Annoyed and frustrated, the Strangler runs away, but SpongeBob goes after him, saying he still needs protection from the "bodyguard." He attempts to escape in a series of vehicles, but SpongeBob catches up every time.
Eventually, the Strangler lands in the police department in a jail cell and SpongeBob learns the truth after he is directed to a wanted poster. As SpongeBob finally realizes the truth, the police congratulate him for putting the Strangler behind bars. The Strangler is happy to be away from SpongeBob at first, but then he soon finds himself with Patrick, who is in his cell, asking what he is in for.
- Parties getting thrown at SpongeBob's house.
- The background becoming purple whenever SpongeBob and the Strangler laugh.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [Title card]
‣ Power and Glory - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob 100% on time]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Squidward 12% on time]
• Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["I'm due in the parking lot for early morning litter patrol."]
‣ The Mob - Sam Spence [SpongeBob picking up trash]
‣ Police Car Chase - Jack Beaver ["That's the Tattletale Strangler!"]
‣ Like Strange - Kenny Graham ["Squidward? Squidward?"]
‣ Glissando Up - Eric Allen ["Yep, he got away."]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Those officers are right. I need a bodyguard."]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["The Tattletale Strangler?!"]
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob looking for a bodyguard]
• Question Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Bodyguard, huh?"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 1 - Ivor Slaney [Strangler wearing a fake mustache]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Shot of Strangler's dirty hands]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob hires Strangler as bodyguard]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (a) - Wilfred William Burns [SpongeBob and Strangler laughing diabolically]
‣ Hawaiian Calypso - Jo Van Wetter [SpongeBob doing errands]
‣ Glissando Up - Eric Allen [Strangler's eyes bug out]
‣ So Tired - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["There you are, you little rascal."]
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob unlocks his door]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner ["I finally got you all alone!"]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone [surprise party]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [Strangler laughs diabolically]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Happy birthday, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone ["Let's boogie some more!"]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [Strangler grabs SpongeBob]
• Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Great parties, huh?"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["I'm the Strangler?!"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["I gotta turn myself in!"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [Strangler reveals himself]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone [Strangler running from SpongeBob]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Strangler cries]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney ["The Strangler!"]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["At least I'm safe from that yellow idiot."]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on The Seascape Capers DVD and VHS, Complete 3rd Season, Nick Picks Volume 2, Nickelodeon Double Feature, Nick Picks Box-Set (Vol, 1-3), Absorbingly SpongeBob, 2-Season TV Pack, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The SpongeBob Super Square Collection, First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 5, Complete Third Season, From the Beginning, Pt.2, Celebrate the Sea, The Third & Fourth Seasons, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" was ranked #51 during the Best Day Ever event from November 9–10, 2006.
- This episode was originally going to be titled "Litterbug."
- This episode premiered in South Korea on October 21, 2002, before it premiered in the United States.
- This episode and "Pranks a Lot" were the last episodes produced before the release of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This episode takes place on July 14, SpongeBob's birthday, which is celebrated in the episode.
- Irony: SpongeBob incorrectly punches the clock since he inserts the entire slip. Squidward, on the other hand, correctly punches the clock since he only inserts part of the slip.
- This episode reveals that Bikini Bottom has an airport.
- The scene in which SpongeBob realizes that his key was placed under his doormat is a callback to the end of "Party Pooper Pants."
- The flower wallpaper seen in SpongeBob's house when the parties are thrown is the same one seen in "Party Pooper Pants."
- The "20 minutes later" time card uses the same design as the title card for "Graveyard Shift."
- This is the fifth episode where the title card is animated, the first being "SB-129," the second being "Prehibernation Week," the third being "Idiot Box," and the fourth being "One Krabs Trash."
- The Strangler's number (555-1234) is the same as the accident company's number in "No Free Rides."
- In the Polish dub, the episode's title is "SpongeBob kontra Dusiciel," which translates to "SpongeBob vs the Strangler."
- This is the third episode where Patrick is arrested. He was previously arrested in "Life of Crime" and "The Smoking Peanut."
- When SpongeBob hires the strangler as his bodyguard, he finds the strangler's receipt for the Phony Baloney Mustache Emporium (where the strangler bought his fake mustache). But later, when the strangler confesses, he actually contradicts his own receipt by saying he bought his "mustache" at a party store.
- At one point in the episode, a bubble transition is shown. For a brief second, "Rough Draft Korea" in green writing and the date May 17, 2002 appear at the bottom of the screen. This error was made by Rough Draft Korea, where they animate the episode.
- When SpongeBob checks in for work, below the clock, it is more than two slips, despite there being only two employees.
- After SpongeBob puts in his slip, the clock arms stop moving.
- When SpongeBob leaves the Krusty Krab for litterbug patrol, the Krusty Krab sign and the road leading to the restaurant are missing.
- When SpongeBob goes out of the Krusty Krab to clean up litter, for a couple of seconds his pant legs are black. In the next shot, they are brown.
- When Squidward shows SpongeBob the picture with the Strangler on it, the number he is holding says "122068," but when SpongeBob shows Mr. Krabs the picture of the Strangler, the number is "021066."
- When SpongeBob shows Mr. Krabs the picture of the Strangler, the name "TattleTale Strangler" is covered in censor bars. This error continues when SpongeBob shows the people the "Wanted" sign.
- After SpongeBob says he has to run some errands and the Strangler gets mad, the latter's white undershirt disappears.
- When SpongeBob is in front of his house looking for his key, he does not have a mat, but when he gets the key, the mat is there.
- SpongeBob is not seen putting on his cleats, yet they appear out of nowhere.
- When SpongeBob and Strangler enter SpongeBob's house and the latter closes the door, the light on the former's face makes it appear as though two doors were closing.
- Pearl is shown to be smaller than Larry in this episode, when in most episodes, she is shown to be bigger.
- In the scene where the Strangler is walking to SpongeBob's chair during the party, Squidward's right hand disappears and then reappears.
- When SpongeBob arrives with the Strangler inside his house, a bamboo wallpaper is up, but when the party is revealed, the wallpaper changes to green with flowers. When the party members leave, it changes back to the old wallpaper, then back to the flower wallpaper when the party members arrive again.
- While laughing maniacally, SpongeBob's teeth turn yellow for a split second.
- If SpongeBob sent out invitations, it would not be a surprise party.
- The Strangler gets through the airport and into the airplane without being noticed by anyone.
- The Strangler has 10 fully functional separate fingers, similar to Incidental 116, who has eight, as well as SpongeBob himself. However, in later scenes, his fingers are replaced by a fin.
- When the Strangler first attempts to strangle SpongeBob with his "dirty" hands and a bus briefly stops to see this, the bus' right side is shown, but the bus has no left side to it since some of the clouds in the background could be seen through the windows, behind the people.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|
|Awards and nominations for SpongeBob SquarePants (V • E)
Golden Reel Awards