This article is in need of one or more better quality images. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better image or editing the current image.
SpongeBob Goes Prehistoric is a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that contains two episodes from season 1, three episodes from season 2 and four episodes from season 3. It was released on March 9, 2004 and is based on the episode "Ugh."
|54 - "Ugh"|
|9a - "Nature Pants"|
|19a - "Fools in April"|
|37b - "I'm with Stupid"|
|25b - "Patty Hype"|
|40a - "Squid on Strike"|
|55a - "The Great Snail Race"|
|58b - "Plankton's Army"|
|48b - "Squilliam Returns"|
|List of home videos|
|54 - "Ugh"|
|44b - "Idiot Box"|
|45a - "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV"|
|46a - "Snowball Effect"|
|46b - "One Krabs Trash"|
|48a - "No Weenies Allowed"|
|47a - "As Seen on TV"|
|List of home videos|
Video game demos
- Battle for Bikini Bottom (PC Version)
Ian Jane of DVD Talk and Zach B. of DVDLaunch praised the episodes featured on the DVD, but noted the lack of extras on it. The latter one said: "I'm not even sure if a demo should count this as an extra since it's more or less an advertising ploy to go out and get the game. [...] Maybe Paramount should start lowering the retail prices on these [DVDs]?".
- The back cover of this DVD contains pictures from the following episodes:
- This DVD contains previews for various shows. These include older SpongeBob DVDs and VHS tapes, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius DVDs and VHS tapes, Rugrats Go Wild, and The Wild Thornberrys Movie.
- Advertisements in this DVD case are also advertisements for other Nickelodeon VHSs (also known as "videos") and DVDs for Jimmy Neutron: Sea of Trouble on VHS and DVD, SpongeBob: Tide and Seek on DVD, SpongeBob: Sea Stories on video and DVD, and SpongeBob: The Seascape Capers on video and DVD. On the other side is an ad for SpongeBob books.
- Patar's clothes appear different on the cover of this DVD.
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD where the Nickelodeon logo is shortened to "Nick" on the front cover. On the VCD cover, the international covers, and the disc though, the full Nickelodeon logo remains.
- This is the third DVD with a cover that is based off a special/double-length episode. The first is Tales from the Deep, and the second is Christmas.
- In different countries this DVD and many other DVDs were bundle in different various boxsets.
- On March 2, 2015 in Russian, this DVD set, Tales from the Deep, SpongeGuard on Duty and Whale of a Birthday were released together in a bundle called the Favorite Episodes.
- This DVD was re-released the Triple Pack 4 DVD along with Home Sweet Pineapple and Where's Gary? on June 2, 2015.
- Triple Pack 4 was re-released with Big Hits: Volume 2 on July 4, 2019.
- The VHS version of this DVD has the same amount of episodes on it. Some other DVDs that have VHS versions of them have less episodes on them.
- SpongeGar has two sleeves on the front of this DVD, while he only has one in the episode (on his left arm).
- This also happens on the VHS cover.
- SpongeBob in his "modern" appearance appears on the spine instead of SpongeGar.
- On the closed-captioning version of "Ugh," the captions misspell Patar's name as "Pathar."
- In the closed-captioning version of "Plankton's Army," Plankton says that "United, the Plankton family could be a real pain in the fanny!, the closed captions say "belly" instead of "fanny."
- ^ a b Jane, Ian (2004-03-04). Spongebob Squarepants - Spongebob Goes Prehistoric. DVD Talk. Retrieved on 2019-07-21.
- ^ Zach B.. SpongeBob Goes Prehistoric review. DVDLaunch. Retrieved on 2019-07-21.