|SpongeBob Appreciation Day: Patchy's Beach Bash!|
Special Transcript Gallery
|Airdate:||January 4, 2020|
|U.S. viewers (millions):||0.96|
|Running time:||23 minutes|
|Guests:|| Meghan Trainor|
|Writer(s):|| Tom Stern|
|Creative:|| Marc Ceccarelli|
|Brief summary:||A guy gets washed up and Patchy shows him his favorite moments from the show.|
"SpongeBob Appreciation Day: Patchy's Beach Bash!" is a SpongeBob SquarePants special.
The following characters appear in archive footage:
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Pearl Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mrs. Puff
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Gary the Snail
- Bikini Bottomites
- Dirty Bubble
- Dark Knight
- Squidly Tentacles
- Flying Dutchman
- Robot Krabs
- Squilliam Fancyson
- Gunther Fitz
- Plankton's cousins
- Harold SquarePants
- Margaret SquarePants
It was officially announced by Nickelodeon's on October 4, 2019, during their "SpongeBob Appreciation Day!" 20th anniversary panel at New York Comic-Con, where it was confirmed for a 2020 release.
- This episode is available on the Digital DVD with the same name.
- The title card is similar to "Mid-Life Crustacean" and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. The background is especially similar to "Band Geeks," "A Life in a Day," and "Patchy's Playlist."
- This special aired on January 4, 2020, but on the Nickelodeon TV schedule, it says October 5, 2019. The latter is when it was originally supposed to air.
- This is the first special and first SpongeBob-related material to premiere in 2020 and the 2020s decade.
- This is The Guy on the Penny's first appearance in a decade since "Truth or Square" in 2009.
- In the theme song, the animation of SpongeBob rearranging himself is replaced by fan favorite clips from the series and the episodes show are:
- The credits are played in the beginning clip on Bikini Atoll.
- This is the second Patchy the Pirate-themed SpongeBob special in one month, the first being "Patchy's Playlist." Similarly, they were both countdowns; that was of songs, and this is for moments.
- The bubble transitions play much faster than usual.
- This was the first special not to credit Stephen Hillenburg.