Johnny Elaine announces the short on TV. The scene then zooms to SpongeBob watering the flowers. He notices that Patrick left his garden hose on, so he walks over to Patrick's rock, turns the water off, and knocks on the rock. Patrick comes out and says "Hello" to SpongeBob, who asks Patrick about the hose. He finds out that Patrick left the hose running on purpose.
SpongeBob tells him in a wise tone that having a hose running can waste thousands of gallons of water per month.
The next scene shows the water coming out of Patrick's house. SpongeBob screams, jumps into Patrick's house, sucks the water up, and then says that they will put the captured water to use.
The scene cuts to Patrick watering Mrs. Puff's flowers by using SpongeBob as a watering can. Mrs. Puff thanks SpongeBob and Patrick. SpongeBob finally tells Patrick that saving water goes a long way.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Breakfast News - Nigel Beaham-Powell, Bella Russell ["And now a special message from SpongeBob SquarePants."]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob watering plants]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick's wasting water!"]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob turns Patrick's hose off]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob screams]
‣ You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick watering Mrs. Puff's flowers]
- While this short relates to the situation of water conservation, it makes no sense in the context of the scene itself. SpongeBob is telling Patrick that he is wasting water even though they live in water.
- The short was made for Nickelodeon's educational project The Big Green Help.
- The website (http://www.nick.com/biggreenhelp) mentioned in the outro does not exist anymore because the educational project ended in 2009. The link is now a redirect to the main Nickelodeon website.
- When SpongeBob says "thousands of gallons of water per month," he talks in his manly voice similar to when he says "Hall Monitor!" in the episode of the same name.
- This short premiered three years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Japan.
- This short aired on the same day as "Educate and Activate."