This is the page about SpongeBob's Truth or Square (DVD). For other uses, see Truth or Square (disambiguation).
|123-124 - "Truth or Square" (Full Screen Letterbox format) (Extended version)|
|112a - "Porous Pockets" (Full Screen format)|
|112b - "Choir Boys" (Full Screen format)|
|113a - "Krusty Krushers" (Full Screen format)|
|113b - "The Card" (Full Screen format)|
|List of home videos|
- Paul Mavis of DVDTalk said in a review of it, that "I can't see much point in recommending a purchase for [it] when the "uncut" version of Truth or Square has already been released on the first volume of the Sixth Season release (and those live-action bits that are left out of the regular cable airings aren't worth a separate purchase anyway), and when you know the four bonus cartoons here will show up on the Sixth Series' second volume release. A rental, therefore, for [it]... only if you really need to see a few minutes Robin Williams and Tina Fey (and god help you if you do)."
- Currently retired critic Roy Hrab of the DVD Verdict called the 10th anniversary episode "Truth or Square" "the lamest SpongeBob episode ever," calling it "all filler, extremely boring, with the story going nowhere, and little action or mania," while also criticizing the Patchy segments and the celebrity cameos as "drawing attention to the episode's lack of substance." He called the rest of the episodes "the weakest I've seen," plus "tired" and "boring. The episodes here are the weakest I've seen."
- The DVD includes previews of other Nickelodeon DVDs. These include older SpongeBob DVDs, the video game SpongeBob's Truth or Square, and Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure.
- On The Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts DVD, the 51-minute version of "Truth or Square" is used instead of the extended version found on this DVD.
- This DVD contains ten chapters due to "Truth or Square" being six chapters long, so the last episode on this DVD, "The Card," would be chapter 10, not 5.
- In the Korean release, some of the other episodes are replaced with "No Hat for Pat" and "Toy Store of Doom."
- This is the first single-disc SpongeBob DVD to have the new Nickelodeon logo in the United States.
- However, the new Nickelodeon logo wasn't seen in the DVD entirely, as this DVD still uses the Nickelodeon fish logo in the opening like all other SpongeBob DVDs before this one.
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD to contain a widescreen episode. The second is It's a SpongeBob Christmas! DVD. (However, the episode is technically not in true widescreen but rather full screen in the letterbox format)
- This is the first DVD to include an episode that was produced in 720p.(In this case, it is Truth or Square) (However, DVDs can't output in HD).
- This is the second shortest SpongeBob SquarePants DVD in history to have the least amount of episodes, with five episodes in total. The shortest are It's a SpongeBob Christmas! DVD and The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom DVD.
- This DVD was released three years after "Best Day Ever" premiered and Creature from the Krusty Krab was released in Europe for PlayStation 2 and GameBoy Advance.
- This DVD was re-released in the Triple Pack 1 DVD along with Whale of a Birthday and SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants? on March 13, 2012.
- This is the fourth DVD to only have Spongebob on the cover. The first is Halloween, the second is Sea Stories, and the third is 10 Happiest Moments.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.