If you were looking for the article about the episode, then see To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants.
SpongeBob's To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants is a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that was released on July 21, 2009 and contains eight episodes from season 6. It is based on the episode "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants."
|116b - "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants"|
|116a - "Squid's Visit"|
|105a - "The Splinter"|
|105b - "Slide Whistle Stooges"|
|109a - "Boating Buddies"|
|109b - "The Krabby Kronicle"|
|110a - "The Slumber Party"|
|110b - "Grooming Gary"|
|List of home videos|
"To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants"/"The Splinter"/"Slide Whistle Stooges" storyboard panels
- Paul Mavis of DVD Talk said in a review of this DVD that "[The main episode] isn't up to the standards of the other toons included on this collection, and that's a shame, because the other seven shorts are some of the best SpongeBobs I've seen since the beginning of the series. "The Splinter" ranks right up there with "Karate Island" as one of the very best SpongeBobs, while "Slide Whistle Stooges," "Boating Buddies," and "The Slumber Party" are the equal of any SpongeBob season's best offerings."
- Critic Gordon Sullivan of the DVD Verdict, said that this DVD release "didn't turn me into a SpongeBob fan, but now I see the attraction."
- This DVD was released 4 days after the episode of the same name premiered on TV.
- The pocket on the DVD cover is not connected to SpongeBob's pants.
- The DVD includes previews for other Nickelodeon DVDs. These include older SpongeBob DVDs, The Mighty B! DVD promo, a Back at the Barnyard DVD promo, and an Avatar: The Last Airbender DVD promo.
- The DVD is known as "SpongeBob RoundPants" in the UK.
- In some countries, this DVD includes "Pineapple Fever" and "Chum Caverns" instead of "The Splinter" and "Slide Whistle Stooges."
- This DVD was released on Robin Williams' 58th birthday.
- Unlike the character arts on the Spongicus DVD and Viking-Sized Adventures, the ones on this DVD don't include a colored version of the character drawings.
- The US release is the only version to have the Nickelodeon splat logo.
- This is the last SpongeBob DVD release to feature the Nickelodeon Splat logo before the September 2009 rebrand.
- On the credits of the DVD, "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants" is listed as "To SquarePants or Not To."
- ^ a b Mavis, Paul (2009-07-17). SpongeBob SquarePants: To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants. DVD Talk. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ スポンジ・ボブDVD情報サイト | DVD情報 (in Japanese). Paramount Japan. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ Sullivan, Gordon (2009-07-27). Review - Spongebob Squarepants: To Squarepants Or Not To Squarepants. DVD Verdict. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.