- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Incidental 49
- Orange customer
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 14
- Unnamed octopus (debut)
- French artist (debut)
- Health Inspector Yellowtail (first name revealed)
- Mattresses & Then Some employee (rough storyboard only)
- Gunther Fitz (rough storyboard only)
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 73
- Shelley (cameo, cage only)
At the Krusty Krab, the customers are all enjoying their Krabby Patties. One customer states he could die and go to heaven and kisses SpongeBob's feet, to SpongeBob's discomfort. Mr. Krabs tells Squidward that the customers love their Krabby Patties, to which Squidward tells him that some people are calling it the "SpongeBob Patty." Mr. Krabs calls that ridiculous, as it has always been the Krabby Patty, only for a customer to come up and order a "SpongeBob Patty." Squidward smugly tells Mr. Krabs that he should change the restaurant's name from the Krusty Krab to SpongeBob's Place.
One of the customers overhears him and states that it is a great idea. The other customers agree, and they start chanting "SpongeBob's Place!" A jealous Mr. Krabs tries to get them to chant "Krusty Krab" instead, but they ignore him. SpongeBob tries to give the chant some juice, but this only makes the customers resume the chant of "SpongeBob's Place!" Squidward tells Mr. Krabs he'd be nothing without SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs asserts Squidward that that is not true, as he is the one who created the Krabby Patty, only for the customers to carry SpongeBob by on a throne, singing "Let's all go to SpongeBob's Place." This makes Mr. Krabs infuriated at SpongeBob's success.
Later, Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that the Krusty Krab is haunted and needs ghostbusting. SpongeBob agrees to stay away until the ghost busting is done. Squidward easily sees through Mr. Krabs' lie and quickly deduces the real reason for sending SpongeBob home, which Mr. Krabs confirms by announcing that he is going to be doing the cooking from now on.
Meanwhile, at SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob quickly gets bored and decides to make Krabby Patties at home. People smell the patties and, after eating them, insist that he make more.
Meanwhile, at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is having no such luck. The customers keep sending back their Krabby Patties. Squidward tells him it's because they aren't as good as they used to be, to which Mr. Krabs retorts that it's the same formula. One of the customers looks inside the kitchen and afterwards announces to the other customers that SpongeBob is not in the kitchen. This announcement makes the other customers angry to the point where they decide to leave. To keep them from leaving, Mr. Krabs dresses up like SpongeBob and the customers actually fall for the paper-thin disguise.
Unfortunately, his food is still poorly made to the point where it tastes disgusting. However, the customers say they like it for SpongeBob's sake. Not realizing that they're not being sincere, Mr. Krabs reveals himself and states that it is his food that they're "enjoying." This angers the customers to the point where they drop the act and flat out tell him they find his food disgusting and once again try to leave.
Mr. Krabs tries to stop them by making a moat and filling it with molten lava, stating that anyone trying to leave will have to go through him. The customers use him as a drawbridge and leave. Squidward follows suit, and Mr. Krabs gets burned by the lava.
When Squidward gets home, he finds a crowd eating Krabby Patties at SpongeBob's house, which has a sign that reads "SpongeBob's Place" on it. This angers Squidward, so he decides to call the health inspector. Meanwhile, in an ambulance, Mr. Krabs is having his burns tended to by paramedics. He gets out and looks around when he sees SpongeBob's home as the restaurant. This has made SpongeBob so rich he doesn't know what to do with all the money.
He gives Mr. Krabs a Krabby Patty and the taste makes Mr. Krabs realize why everyone prefers SpongeBob's Krabby Patties over his, despite the fact they use the same formula: SpongeBob's food is delicious because he prepares his Krabby Patties with tender-loving care and is in most ways an excellent cook, while Mr. Krabs is in most ways a horrible cook and prepares his food with selfishness-induced carelessness to the point where his Krabby Patties are poorly prepared and disgusting. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob he deserves his own place, but SpongeBob tells him he needs a boss, and Mr. Krabs happily obliges. Mr. Krabs takes 99% of the business and money while SpongeBob agrees to have 1%.
The next morning, Squidward walks into the empty, destructed Krusty Krab and starts to sing in happiness because no one will be there to bother him. However, the health inspectors shut SpongeBob's Place down for violations, so they go back to the Krusty Krab. Just as everyone arrives, they hear someone singing inside. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob peek inside and see Squidward dancing and singing about how much he hates his job and people, Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, and the Bikini Bottomites. Mr. Krabs is outraged at Squidward's insults and gets very angry at him while the customers laugh. Squidward is then punished off-screen for what he has done. Afterwards, Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob a very special surprise: he decides to share the name with his restaurant by adding "SpongeBob's Place" on the Krusty Krab sign, much to SpongeBob's delight.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Cheap and Frozen Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Opening.]
‣ Drama Link (D) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs gasp.]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["...and go to heaven!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [Customer kisses SpongeBob's shoes.]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony ["That's ridiculous; It's always been the Krabby Patty!"]
‣ Drama Link (C) - Hubert Clifford ["Let's all go to SpongeBob's place..."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Krabs pushes SpongeBob.]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["All right Mr. Krabs. If you think the Krusty Krab is haunted and needs ghost-busting I'll stay away for a while."]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob at home.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, I know!"]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob decides to play Krusty Krab at home.]
‣ Charivari Clowns (a) - Daniel Jean Jeannin [SpongeBob cooking patties at home.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's house is empty.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sets the patties in a window.]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr [People smell the patties.]
• Pineapple Luau - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["How's about making some more of those delicious patties?"]
• In a Minor Mood Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Burned patties.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [Customers spits out their Krabby Patties.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers start to leave the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea.]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I think I hear SpongeBob's hideous laughter coming from the kitchen!"]
• SpongeBob SquarePants Theme - Steve Belfer [Krabs pretending to be SpongeBob]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 37 - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene.]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Customers eating disgustingly Krabby Patties.]
‣ Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs reveals to be himself.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone gags.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (G) - Ronald Hanmer [Krabs puts molten lava around the Krusty Krab to keep customers from leaving.]
• SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Customers use Krabs as a bridge.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob's Place?"]
‣ Clowning Around Again - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward tries to get in his house.]
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony [Squidward calls the health department.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs in an ambulance.]
• It's Showtime 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs discovers SpongeBob's Place.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["You deserve your own place."]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Hmm... Well, I suppose I could do some bossing."]
• I Hate People - Kaz Prapuolenis, Rodger Bumpass, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward sings this.]
‣ I Hate People - Kaz Prapuolenis, Rodger Bumpass, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plays as a background]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield [Back at SpongeBob's Place.]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Health inspector shuts down SpongeBob's Place.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["You're not the boss of me."]
‣ ? [Rimshot.]
• Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I know of an empty restaurant that's got all its papers in order. We can move in right away."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gulps.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone laughs at Squidward.]
‣ Ahoy Landlubbers - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17, Factory Fresh, The Complete Tenth Season, and Bubble Boats DVDs.
- When SpongeBob is bored, some objects from older episodes are visible in the background:
- Magic Conch shell ("Club SpongeBob")
- Soda drinking hat ("One Krabs Trash")
- Eels and Escalators ("Sailor Mouth")
- Glove balloon ("Rock Bottom")
- Fish hook ("Hooky")
- SpongeBob's ukulele ("F.U.N.," "Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom," "Hello Bikini Bottom!," and "The Camping Episode")
- Similar objects from older episodes appear in SpongeBob's house in the sister episode, "Plankton Gets the Boot."
- One of the customers at SpongeBob's Place is an unnamed octopus who looks like Squidward, except with a beak like real octopuses have.
- One of the customers eats a Krabby Patty that resembles the Nasty Patty.
- When lava bubbles float across the screen, this is a variation of the bubble transitions.
- Technically, Squidward was responsible for SpongeBob's Place being shut down, as he was the one who called the Health Department to complain, which led to the restaurant being shut down.
- The song "I Hate People" is later used in an instrumental version in "Scavenger Pants" and "Squirrel Jelly."
- This episode reveals that Health Inspector Yellowtail's first name is "Andy."
- This is the first episode to be made in 2017, according to the credits.
- This and "Plankton Gets the Boot" are the first episodes to use one of the Nickelodeon Productions 2017 idents during the ending credits. However, it has been used during the on-screen credits only in the original American airing. The full official credits still uses the 2009 Nickelodeon Productions logo.
- This is the first episode since "The Slumber Party" to use the first version of SpongeBob Theme.
- This is the second time Gary imitates Squidward. This first was "Opposite Day."
- This is the second episode where the Krusty Krab moves to SpongeBob's house. The first was "Banned in Bikini Bottom."
- This is the third episode in which SpongeBob starts his own restaurant. The first was "Patty Hype," and the second was "Free Samples."
- This episode premiered on the same day as the 2017 Kids' Choice Awards.
- This is the tenth episode (along with the sister episode "Plankton Gets the Boot") to premiere on the same day as the Kids' Choice Awards. The first was "Help Wanted"/"Reef Blower"/"Tea at the Treedome" in 1999, the second was "Krabby Land"/"The Camping Episode" in 2004, the third was "Krusty Towers"/"Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" in 2006, the fourth was "Born to Be Wild"/"Best Frenemies" in 2007, the fifth was "Nautical Novice"/"Spongicus" in 2008, the sixth was "Sentimental Sponge" in 2011, the seventh was "Are You Happy Now?"/"Planet of the Jellyfish" in 2012, the eighth was "Kenny the Cat" in 2014, and the ninth was "Mall Girl Pearl"/"Two Thumbs Down" in 2016.
- The French title of the episode is "Chez Bob l'éponge," which translates to "At SpongeBob SquarePants."
- Since the French dub actually translates the title cards into French, the dubbers had to flip the title card upside-down so the words can fit in the glow effect.
- SpongeBob remarks that the Krusty Krab may need "ghost-busting." This is a reference to the Ghostbusters franchise.
- When SpongeBob puts the Krusty Krab employee hat on Gary, goes into the kitchen, and then comes back into the living room, Gary's hat disappears.
- When SpongeBob is cutting the patties, he uses the two knives to cut the normal way, but the patties was cutting in the sideways, which SpongeBob is cutting it the wrong way.
- When Squidward enters the Krusty Krab, the hole on the roof previously made by Mr. Krabs is gone.
- Also, when SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and the customers come to the Krusty Krab, the lava around the restaurant is gone.
- Incidental 37B and the blue anchovy with the tan shirt are male. However, they have female voices in this episode.