|SpongeBob's Boating Bash|
|Pubilshed and/or Co-Developed By||KatGames|
|Developed By||Cat Daddy Games, THQ and 2kPlay|
|Release date||March 2, 2010 (North America)|
|Rating|| E for Everyone (ESRB)
SpongeBob's Boating Bash is a Wii and Nintendo DS game released March 2, 2010. It is a SpongeBob driving game.
SpongeBob is assisted by a D.R.I.V.E. mentor named Seymour Scales to earn his license and pass the last test of the year. Seymour's D.R.I.V.E course stands for Destruction, Recklessness, Impairment, Velocity and Escape. It all started when SpongeBob falied his driving test after the tutourial on how to play the game Mrs. Puff told him how to drive the right way then she told him now drive alone without her telling him what to do. SpongeBob got worried then he ended up failing. Soon, SpongeBob's friends helped him pass, but at the end when SpongeBob got his license, Mrs. Puff informs him the license is not real. Seymour got in a truck and SpongeBob and Seymour fought and SpongeBob won. Seymour went to jail for impesonating a driving teacher. SpongeBob was sad and decided to go take Mrs. Puff's driving school again and things were back to normal.
The main genre of the game is a destruction derby, with racing as a sub-genre. Players can play as their favorite Spongebob characters and drive boats to smash opponents. The main gameplay is divided into five sub-genres each forming the acrynom D.R.I.V.E. In Destruction, players must smash into their opponents and collect their fallen boat parts. In Recklessness, players must smash and perform different actions to obtain D.R.I.V.E points. In Impairment, players must stun their opponents and strategically push them into pits. In Velocity, players must race their opponents to the finish. In Escape, players must quickly take out their opponents and try to survive a number of rounds. The game even features a multiplayer mode and a replay saving system so the player can watch their favorite replays.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mr. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy (Only usable with 2 seats at front of boat for the Wii; completely usable on the Nintendo DS)
- Mrs. Puff (non-playable on the Nintendo DS)
- Seymour Scales
- Anchovie (Playable)
- Pearl Krabs (Playable)
- Bikini Bottom
- Glove World
- Goo Lagoon
- 124 Conch Street
- Rock Bottom
- The Flying Dutchman's Graveyard
- Jellyfish Fields
- Mrs. Puff's Boating School
- Plankton when idle 1: How am I supposed to take over if I'm not doing anything?
- 2: Let's get going already before I lose an antenna from sheer boredom!
- 3: Ah, where's my mind control device?
- 4: Come on and do something!
- 5: I can't win it if I'm not in it!
- 6: If I see this stretch of road one more time I'm going to set this controller to self-destruct!
- 7: You can see me in here, can't you!
- 8: Left a bit, right a bit, fire!
- 9: Nooooooooo! Go the other way!
- Spongebob's Boating Bash is the second Wii game to use the Wii Wheel. The first was Mario Kart Wii.
- Some of the game's soundtracks are recycled from Creature from the Krusty Krab. (Starfishman to the Rescue, Supersized Patty and Rocket Rodeo.)
- There is a exclusive feature on the DS version that is only for the Nintendo DSi , which you can take a picture and then add SpongeBob-themed stickers to it.