- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs (mentioned)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mrs. Puff
- Bikini Bottomites
The episode begins with Squidward complaining about how he hates his work, but no one listens to him except SpongeBob. After SpongeBob prepared an order for the visitor, he began to bite his nails, which began to fall on customers' food. SpongeBob realized that this had become his bad habit, which he needed to get rid of. He began by drawing Krabby Patties on his nails, saying that they were too beautiful to nibble, but could not resist.
Deciding to go for a walk, there he also began to bite his nails, doing this even with toenails. Having stumbled upon Fred, SpongeBob began to bite and his nails in an inability to stop. Then he began to bite Mrs. Puff's nails, which she did not like. Having stumbled upon Patrick, he decided to take his friend to Glove World! so that he would forget about his problem. However, there SpongeBob began to bite the nails of the hand-shaped balloons, after which he was kicked out.
SpongeBob realized that he could not cope, and decided to call Sandy. First of all, she decided to cover his face with a helmet so that he could not bite his nails. However, SpongeBob sucked his hands into himself, pulling them through his mouth. Then Sandy decided to shackle SpongeBob's fingers. At first glance, this helped, but he was able to free himself and began to bite Sandy's nails. She decided to take her friend to the doctor. The doctor began to hypnotize SpongeBob so that he would get rid of the habit.
After asking what the problem was, SpongeBob expressed the problems of Squidward, suggesting to himself that he was Squidward. The doctor realizes that SpongeBob somehow subconsciously implanted Squidward's problems as his own. The doctor seems to have cured SpongeBob of the problem, until SpongeBob then asks who the doctor is. It turned out to be Hans - a huge human hand. Seeing Hans' nails, SpongeBob begins to bite them, shocking the newly arrived Squidward, which leads the latter to bite the nails on his tentacles.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unease - Dick Walter [Customers making noise while they're eating at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Ah! Another rotten day at the Krusty Krab!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers go back on their duties]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward telling SpongeBob his troubles]
‣ Variety Link (d) - Dick Walter ["Whoo! Number one!"]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob starts biting his fingernails]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob gives Tom his Krabby Patty meal]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Closeup of a patty with SpongeBob's fingernails]
‣ Bad Slide - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Tom pushes his plate away]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Customers get disturbed by SpongeBob's fingernails around the Krusty Krab]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward tells SpongeBob to stop biting his fingernails]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob trying to avoid biting his fingernails at his house]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet [SpongeBob painting his fingernails]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr [Krabby Patties painted on SpongeBob's fingernails]
‣ Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob starts biting his fingernails again]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (w) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stops biting his fingernails]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, what a great idea, Gary!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob exits his house]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob going for a walk]
• Porous Pursuit - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob biting his toenails]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, SpongeBob, are you okay?"]
‣ Unknown Track 100 - SpongeBob stares at Fred's fingernails
‣ Footsteps of Horror - William Farran [SpongeBob biting Fred's fingernails]
‣ Glamour Foxtrot - Lillian Munsie [Mrs. Puff enters at a nail salon]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob biting Mrs. Puff's fingernails]
‣ Glamour Foxtrot - Lillian Munsie ["So when should we schedule your next appointment?"]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [SpongeBob thrown out of the nail salon]
‣ Laughter Trombone - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Patrick drinking grease]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob tells Patrick he can't stop biting his fingernails]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [Patrick takes SpongeBob to Glove World]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob biting Glove World balloon's fingernails]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick kicked out from Glove World]
‣ What's This Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob biting his fingernails again]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick calls Sandy for help]
‣ Elusive - Len Stevens [Sandy puts a helmet on SpongeBob to stop biting his fingernails]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob, that's just plain wrong!"]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob's hands and feet chained in a pillory]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob biting Sandy's fingernails]
‣ Synopsis - Frank Harlow [Sandy and Patrick take SpongeBob to a hypnotherapist]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [SpongeBob enters the doctor office]
‣ Death Clock E - Dick De Benedictis [Hans hypnotizes SpongeBob]
‣ ? [SpongeBob being hypnotized]
‣ Death Clock E - Dick De Benedictis [SpongeBob thinks he's Squidward]
‣ ? [Doctor snaps his fingers and cures SpongeBob]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (v) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Whoopee! Thanks, Doctor..."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Doctor..."]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver [Hans is revealed to be SpongeBob's doctor]
‣ Unknown Track 100 - Closeup of Hans' fingernails
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob starts biting Hans' fingernails]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- This along with "SpongeBob in RandomLand" premiered 18 years after "Sailor Mouth" and "Artist Unknown" premiered.
- The title card is similar to that of "Fear of a Krabby Patty."
- "My leg!:" Fred shouting "My nails!" after SpongeBob bites them.
- Glove World! appears in this episode, despite being closed in "Glove World R.I.P."
- SpongeBob mimics Squidward the same way he does in "Mimic Madness."
- This is the third episode to show/mention hypnosis after "Fear of a Krabby Patty" and "Barnacle Face."
- This and "SpongeBob in RandomLand" are the highest viewed 11-minute episodes of season 12.
- Version 2 of "Footsteps of Horror" returns in this episode. It has not been played since "Don't Look Now."
- While Patrick is playing with a coloring book in the waiting room, the book's cover appears to be on the back of the book.
- SpongeBob biting his and everyone's nails.