- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs (mentioned)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mrs. Puff
- Bikini Bottomites
Squidward is complaining about how he hates his work, but no one listens except SpongeBob, who prepares an order for a customer. As he's delivering it, he starts biting his nails, making everyone disgusted due to the nails getting onto them. Squidward sees this and tells him that biting nails is a bad habit.
After work, SpongeBob goes home and attempts to stop his nail-biting habit. First, he keeps his hands from his mouth as well as make his nails beautiful to do this, but he still bites his nails. SpongeBob goes for a walk to clear his head but still bites his nails. He sees Fred and starts biting his nails, scaring him off. Afterwards, he finds Mrs. Puff at Nails, where he bites her nails as well.
Eventually, he meets up with Patrick and tells him about his nail-biting issue. He brings him to Glove World! to resolve this issue, but SpongeBob starts biting the nails of a glove balloon. After getting kicked out, they call Sandy for help. First she puts a helmet on SpongeBob, but he bites his nails from behind his mouth, so she uses a pillory on his fingers. The three fall asleep after awhile, but once Sandy wakes up, she realizes SpongeBob has got out and is biting her nails, making her send him to a hypnotherapist.
The hypnotherapist finds out that SpongeBob thinks he is Squidward and that is why he wants to bite his nails. He snaps his fingers and he goes back to normal. It turns out the hypnotherapist was Hans, who SpongeBob instantly bites the nails of. At the same time arrives Squidward due to his weekly appointment and, scared from SpongeBob biting Hans’ nails, nervously bites his nails, backs away, and shuts the door.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unease - Dick Walter [Customers making noise while they're eating at the Krusty Krab]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Ah! Another rotten day at the Krusty Krab!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers go back on their duties]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward telling SpongeBob his troubles]
‣ Variety Link (d) - Dick Walter ["Whoo! Number one!"]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob starts biting his fingernails]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob gives Tom his Krabby Patty meal]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Closeup of a patty with SpongeBob's fingernails]
‣ Bad Slide - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Tom pushes his plate away]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Customers get disturbed by SpongeBob's fingernails around the Krusty Krab]
• A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward tells SpongeBob to stop biting his fingernails]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
• A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob trying to avoid biting his fingernails at his house]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet [SpongeBob painting his fingernails]
• Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr [Krabby Patties painted on SpongeBob's fingernails]
• Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob starts biting his fingernails again]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 7 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stops biting his fingernails]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, what a great idea, Gary!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob exits his house]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob going for a walk]
• Porous Pursuit - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob biting his toenails]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, SpongeBob, are you okay?"]
• Unknown Track 100 - SpongeBob stares at Fred's fingernails
‣ Footsteps of Horror - William Farran [SpongeBob biting Fred's fingernails]
‣ Glamour Foxtrot - Lillian Munsie [Mrs. Puff enters a nail salon]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob biting Mrs. Puff's fingernails]
‣ Glamour Foxtrot - Lillian Munsie ["So, when should we schedule your next appointment?"]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [SpongeBob thrown out of the nail salon]
‣ Laughter Trombone - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Patrick drinking grease]
• The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob tells Patrick he can't stop biting his fingernails]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
• Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [Patrick takes SpongeBob to Glove World]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob biting Glove World balloon's fingernails]
• Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick kicked out from Glove World]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob biting his fingernails again]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick calls Sandy for help]
‣ Elusive - Len Stevens [Sandy puts a helmet on SpongeBob to stop biting his fingernails]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob, that's just plain wrong!"]
• The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob's hands and feet chained in a pillory]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob biting Sandy's fingernails]
‣ Synopsis - Frank Harlow [Sandy and Patrick take SpongeBob to a hypnotherapist]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [SpongeBob enters the doctor office]
‣ Death Clock E - Dick De Benedictis ["Keep your eyes on the watch, Mr. SquarePants."]
‣ ? [SpongeBob being hypnotized]
‣ Death Clock E - Dick De Benedictis [SpongeBob thinks he's Squidward]
‣ ? [Doctor snaps his fingers and cures SpongeBob]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 23 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Whoopee! Thanks, Doctor..."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Doctor..."]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver [Hans is revealed to be SpongeBob's doctor]
• Unknown Track 100 - Closeup of Hans' fingernails
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob starts biting Hans' fingernails]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- The title card is similar to that of "Fear of a Krabby Patty."
- This is the last episode Andrew Overtoom worked on.
- "My leg!:" Fred shouting "My nails!" after SpongeBob bites them.
- Glove World! appears in this episode, despite being closed in "Glove World R.I.P."
- SpongeBob mimics Squidward the same way he does in "Mimic Madness."
- This is the fourth episode to show/mention hypnosis after "Fear of a Krabby Patty," "Professor Squidward," and "Barnacle Face."
- This and "SpongeBob in RandomLand" are the highest-viewed 11-minute episodes of season 12.
- Version 2 of "Footsteps of Horror" returns in this episode. It has not been played since "Don't Look Now."
- This episode is similar to the episode of Rocko's Modern Life, "Tooth and Nail."
- While Patrick is playing with a coloring book in the waiting room, the book's cover appears to be on the back of the book.
- When SpongeBob tells Hans he can't stop biting his nails, his eyelashes are missing.
- SpongeBob biting his and everyone's nails.