- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Frank (muscular goldfish)
- Vera Fishbowl
- Monroe Timmy
- Susie Rechid
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Nat Peterson
- Harold (red fish)
- Nathiel Waters
- Dennis (citizen)
SpongeBob and Patrick are at the Goo Lagoon when they notice Frank surfing professionally. After seeing this, Patrick wants to surf, so SpongeBob allows Patrick to use SpongeBob as a surfboard.
Patrick gets on the SpongeBoard and slowly starts surfing. However, as Patrick is surfing, SpongeBob absorbs up all the water, causing the beach to have no surfing water left. This leads Gus to ask for ocean back to end the short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Surfing Sponge - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plays throughout]
- This short is available on the Season 6 Volume 1, Complete Sixth Season, Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- SpongeBob is also used as a surfboard in the episode "Walking Small."
- This short premiered three years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Japan.
- Right before Patrick climbs onto SpongeBob, his eyebrows disappear.