- Karen Plankton
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Genie the Wish Granter (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Thaddeus (cameo)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Human football players
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Noggin (debut)
- Genie (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
The episode begins with Plankton disguising himself as a genie in a bottle, in a plan to steal the formula where he'll break the bottle so Mr. Krabs would have to put him in the secret formula bottle. Karen finds this plan dumb and rolls the bottle out of the restaurant, causing it to bounce around until it reaches the Krusty Krab.
SpongeBob obtains it and goes for a lunch break so he can play with it. When he reaches home, he rubs the bottle, making it hot and cause Plankton to come out of it. Plankton tries to get SpongeBob to go to Mr. Krabs, but SpongeBob tells him he's the one who makes the wishes, and starts taking the bottle to his friends.
He first brings it to Squidward, who wishes for a golden clarinet. Plankton paints the clarinet gold and makes the clarinet sound good while Squidward's playing it. Next, he goes to Patrick, who wishes for a second head, so Plankton draws a face on his hand. Finally, he goes to Mr. Krabs, who ignores him at first as he doesn't believe it. Eventually, he's convinced and wishes for one thousand dollars.
After seeing that his wish came true, Mr. Krabs tries to possess the bottle. Squidward and Patrick come to also possess the bottle for more wishes, but eventually SpongeBob tells them they should spin the bottle to see who gets it. It lands on Mr. Krabs, so he wishes for the Krusty Krab to be painted gold. Plankton reveals that he isn't a real genie, and just then, the real genie comes to take back his genie bottle. The episode ends with the genie punishing Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs by trapping them in a ketchup bottle.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Oriental Juggler - Victor Cavini [Title card.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Karen sees a bottle.]
‣ ? [Plankton emerges from the bottle disguised as a genie.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I wish you back in the bottle."]
‣ Arabian Bazaar - Gregor Narholz [Plankton explains his new plan to steal the Krabby Patty formula to Karen.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Karen stuffs Plankton into the bottle.]
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs opens the door of his house.]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs kicks the bottle away.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["And a good morning to you, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Whoa, it's so pretty!"]
‣ Marching Comedians (a) - Otto Sieben, Peter Balding [SpongeBob takes the bottle to his house.]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob discovers that the bottle has a genie inside.]
‣ ? ["Alakazam! I am the genie of the bottle!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, yeah!"]
‣ Oriental - Aubrey Johnson [SpongeBob tells the genie to grant three wishes to his friends.]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [Squidward asks a wish to the genie.]
‣ ? ["Your wish is my command.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (VIII) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton paints Squidward's clarinet gold.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - "I'll be an ocean monkey's uncle!"
‣ More Oboe [#48] - Michael Hoppe, Christopher Bleth [Squidward playing clarinet.]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, magic is real!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton comes back outside.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - Plankton suggests Mr. Krabs.
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (V) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, for cod's sake."]
‣ Holiday Playtime - Cedric Palmer [Patrick asks a wish to the genie.]
‣ Harem Harry - Bernard Ebbinghouse ["All right, your crummy wish is my command!"]
‣ Goblin Ballet - Ernest Tomlinson [Face drawn on Patrick's hand.]
‣ Lazybones - Xavier Edmunds, Zoltan Biscotti [SpongeBob gives his last wish to Mr. Krabs.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob starts to cry and Mr. Krabs asks for a wish.]
‣ ? ["Your wish is my command!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton takes all his money from the bank.]
‣ Shock Headed Peter - Ronald Hanmer [Krabs, Squidward and Patrick want the bottle to ask wishes to the genie.]
‣ Arnold is Back 1 - Gregor Narholz ["You hand me that bottle!"]
‣ Christmas Fantasy - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob says they shouldn't be fighting.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield ["We're gonna play a little game called spin the bottle."]
‣ Merry as a Grig - Van Phillips [SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward playing spin the bottle.]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs shaking the bottle.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton oozes out of the bottle.]
• Salt Water Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton gives up on his plan.]
‣ Islam - Laurie Johnson [A real genie appears.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Who's this clod with my bottle?"]
‣ Middle East Mosaic - Gilbert Vinter [Genie stuffs Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton in a ketchup bottle.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [Genie kisses his bottle and takes it.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm?"]
• Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["It's so heartwarming to live in a world with real magic."]
• Kalua Jubalee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
According to the rough storyboard version, there was originally supposed to be a scene where SpongeBob found the bottle, thinking that it was water, and almost swallowed Plankton.
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 18 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- Along with "Sportz?," this episode premiered before the 2017 Kids' Choice Sports Awards.
- Along with "Sportz?," this episode premiered on Will Ferrell's 50th birthday, nine years after "MuscleBob BuffPants," "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," "The Chaperone," and "Employee of the Month" premiered in Poland, and two years after "Lost in Bikini Bottom" and "Tutor Sauce" premiered.
- This is the fourth episode to premiere before Kids' Choice Sports Awards. The first two were "Lost in Bikini Bottom" and "Tutor Sauce" and the third was "Sportz?."
- The original United States airing doesn't have the intro; instead it has live coverage of the Orange Carpet to the 2017 Kids Choice Sports.
- When this episode first aired, some TV Guides listed this episode with "There's a Sponge in My Soup," even though that episode had not yet been released at the time of this episode's premiere.
- The sports channel from "Your Shoe's Untied" and "The Sponge Who Could Fly" reappears.
- Patrick names his hand (or extra head) "Noggin," which is the name of a channel (now an app) owned by the same company that owns SpongeBob SquarePants.
- The headline of the newspaper that reads "School drop out rate soars" is a reference to "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy."
- This episode reveals that Thaddeus lives on Anchor Way.
- Squidward and Mr. Krabs believe in magic in this episode, however in "Wishing You Well" they didn't.
- It is possible that their beliefs have changed now that they’ve seen an actual genie before them.
- The bottles in the title card are pixelated.
- This is the first episode where a character vomits on-screen.
- The answers to the word search Mr. Krabs had are "Bucks," "Cent," "Cash," "Money," "Coin," and "Dough."
- In addition, he plays the harmonica in that episode by running to the holes and blowing into them, and in this episode, he runs to the holes in the clarinet and plugs them up while Squidward plays.
- This episode, along with "There's a Sponge In My Soup," "No Pictures Please," "Stuck on the Roof," "Krabby Patty Creature Feature," "Teacher's Pests," "Squid Noir," "Scavenger Pants," "Cuddle E. Hugs," and "Pat the Horse," premiered in Canada on December 26, 2017 as part of the SpongeBoxing day Festival.
- This is the first usage of the APM tracks "Arnold is Back" since "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" and "Holiday Playtime" since "Gramma's Secret Recipe."
- SpongeBob mentions the episode's title when he says, "We're gonna play a little game called Spin the Bottle!"
- For the March 7, 2020 airing of this episode, DirecTV listed it as Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the game spin the bottle.
- The phrase "for cod's sake" is a play on the phrase "for god's sake."
- Plankton's quote "Izzy Wizzy Let's Get Busy!" is a popular catchphrase from the UK character Sooty.
- Spongebob saying "Friendship is Magical!" is a reference to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- He probably also reference Twilight Sparkles, when saying "and Sparkling..."