A regular spatula is made up of a handle and a blade. Spatulas in the series often have holes to allow liquids to flow through them. Rubber makes up part of the handle to prevent the fry cook from burning their hand.
- Hydro-dynamic spatula - This spatula seen in "Help Wanted" and in a picture in "Sharks vs. Pods." Unlike most spatulas, this one has a port, starboard attachments, and turbo drive.
- SpongeBob's spatula - SpongeBob uses this spatula throughout the majority of the series. Its most notable appearance is in "All That Glitters." It is referred to as "Fifi" in "Little Yellow Book," which is a nickname of the Spatula. It has also been seen with a blue grip and nicknamed "Flipper".
- Le Spatula - Le Spatula was a highly advanced sentient spatula built only for cooking fancy foods. It appears in "All That Glitters," in which it rejects SpongeBob's Krabby Patties.
- Dead spatula - A dead spatula that doesn't pick up anything with matter. This one appears in "The Curse of Bikini Bottom."
- Majestic Sizzlemaster - A spatula invented by Plankton in order to get the Krabby Patty secret formula out of SpongeBob. Like Le Spatula, this one can talk, though, it is just Plankton talking through a speaker. This spatula is also known for being able to fly and even has smell sensors. It appears in "Evil Spatula."
- Frank - A spatula owned by Patrick, seen in "Little Yellow Book."
- Golden spatula - A spatula that Plankton gives SpongeBob in order to be his friend and ultimately get the Krabby Patty formula through him. It is seen in the episode "Plankton!" and plays a prominent role in the video game Battle for Bikini Bottom as an award for task completion.
- Bubble spatula - A spatula composed entirely of bubbles that appears in "Bubbletown."
Role in series
Spatulas are a central theme in the episode "All That Glitters," in which SpongeBob's spatula breaks from attempting to flip the Monster Krabby Patty and he is forced to buy a new one. The one he settles with is named "Le Spatula," whose personality is shown to be very rude, as he only adheres to the cooking of fancy food instead of Krabby Patties.
A spatula is also a major plot point of "Evil Spatula," in which SpongeBob replaces his spatula with one created by Plankton so the latter can obtain the Krabby Patty formula.