"Something Narwhal This Way Comes" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 13. In this episode, two familiar faces from SpongeBob's past visit Bikini Bottom, but they bring a big problem along with them.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Sea mule
- Sea bear
- Willybob (debut)
- Hillfolk (debut)
- Mustache Narwhal (debut)
- Small Yellow Narwhal (debut)
- Head Nearwhal (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Realistic Fish Head
- Mrs. Puff (name only)
- Plankton family
The episode starts with SpongeBob in a rocket, landing on a planet, and planting a flag. It turns out that it was just a dream. He then wakes up to hear some noise in his house, so he thinks that he has intruders. He and Gary then go downstairs, and SpongeBob opens the door so Gary can scare away the intruders. It turns out to be SpongeBob's friend, Narlene. They mention that they haven't each other since they were kids. Nobby, another one of SpongeBob's friends, is with Narlene and is visiting SpongeBob.
This section is too short. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ ? [Title card]
‣ Into The Unknown 8 - Alan Wynn [Opening in space.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob hears shaking.]
‣ Terrified - Hubert Clifford ["Gary, I think there's someone in the house."]
• Flashback - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's dream ends.]
• Blue Acres - Nick Carr, Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton [SpongeBob sees Narlene/Nobby enters the living room.]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Sea mule.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield [They all laugh.]
• Hawaiian Slide - Nicolas Carr, Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to morning.]
• A Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Gary wake up/Narlene taking a bath in the toilet.]
• Hillbilly Chase - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Nobby making pancakes/Narlene and Nobby carving various objects]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Narlene carves a toothpick.]
• Hillbilly Chase - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Narlene and Nobby still carving.]
‣ ? [Banjo music playing while SpongeBob is a banjo.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
• Bikini Bottom Hillbillies - Nicolas Carr [Nobby transforms SpongeBob's house.]
• Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Cousin Willybob arrives.]
• Blue Acres - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Nobby and Willybob wrestle.]
• Hillbilly Party - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Other cousins appear.]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Breaking news.]
• Hillbilly Tension Build - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Realistic Fish Head hillbillified.]
• Down in Davey Jones Locker - Nicolas Carr ["Yikes."]
• Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["They're not my kin."]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Nobby's right."]
• Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["The rest of 'em ain't even narwhals."]
‣ ? ["Kin or no kin, we gotta hogtie this hoedown."]
• The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [At the Chum Bucket.]
‣ ? ["Their stupid family has been feuding with my stupid family for years."]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Plankton gets an idea.]
• Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton calls Clem.]
‣ ? [Plankton's family emerge from the phone.]
• I'm a Flower - Nicolas Carr ["I think someone deserves a little kiss."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5A - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob kisses Plankton.]
‣ ? [Ending.]
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- This episode's title card is similar to that of "Club SpongeBob" and the "Eventually..." time card used in "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve."
- This episode marks the first appearance of Narlene and Nobby in the main SpongeBob SquarePants series, having previously appeared in Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years. It is also their first appearance, major role, and speaking role in the franchise since "Wise Kraken."
- This is the first time Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years was referenced in the main series itself.
- This is also the first time where Camp Coral appears in the main SpongeBob SquarePants series, though it only appears in a flashback. It is also its first appearance and major role since "Are You Afraid of the Dork?"
- Ma Angler's design from "Trenchbillies" is repurposed as one of Plankton's family members.
- This is the first episode of the main SpongeBob SquarePants show to be storyboarded by Piero Piluso, who previously storyboarded episodes for Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years and The Patrick Star Show.
- This is one of the few episodes where Plankton plays a key role but does not plot any evil scheme, let alone plot to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula.
- Patrick's hillbilly design is similar to that of Pecos Patrick.
- Gary was thrown out when the nearwhals came into SpongeBob's house, but in the next scene, Gary is back inside the house.