- Sheldon J. Plankton
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles (3 cameos)
- Karen Plankton
- Shark (mentioned)
- Larry the Lobster
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 40 (2 cameos)
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 49 (2 cameos)
- Incidental 11
- Catfish (mentioned)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 47 (2 cameos)
- Incidental 118
- Incidental 118 (debut)
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 119
- Baby Peterson
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 153
The episode starts off at the Krusty Krab's kitchen, Plankton hides in one of the sesame seeds of a bun, attempting once again to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula. SpongeBob takes the bun Plankton is hiding in and makes a Krabby Patty with it, which he delivers to Sandy's table. Sandy partly unzips her suit and slips the patty into it. Then, Plankton jumps out of the sesame seed just before Sandy takes a bite. He faints shortly after since there is no water in Sandy's air helmet.
Later, Sandy returns to her treedome. She goes into her bathroom, where she takes off her diving suit and glass helmet. Then, she gets in the shower, turns it on, and rips off her fur coat and bikini. Sandy is almost completely bald and pink, and is wearing a bra and panties in the shower. She picks up her fur coat, sniffs it, and hangs it on a hook. She resumes her shower after she does this.
Drops of water from the shower fall into her helmet, thereby reviving Plankton. Then, Plankton notices Sandy's pelt hanging on the hook. He takes it, locks Sandy in her bathroom, and brings Sandy's fur coat to the Chum Bucket. He motorizes the fur coat and moves it to the Krusty Krab, pretending to be Sandy. SpongeBob is happy to see "Sandy" again, but notices that "she's" not wearing her diving suit and oxygen helmet. "Sandy" replies that he can breathe underwater now. SpongeBob believes "her," of course. Plankton asks SpongeBob for Krabby Patty tips or information.
After some short tips from SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs walks in through the door at the corner of the kitchen and declares that he is leaving the formula out in plain sight by setting it down on a table. Plankton cheers happily in Sandy's fur coat, since stealing the formula is now much easier.
Meanwhile, Sandy finishes her shower. She wraps a towel around her body and walks over to dry her "stinky fur coat." However, her fur is gone. Finding herself locked in, she breaks down the door of the bathroom, fully aware that someone must have stolen it. She then flings the towel off herself, puts a coffee pot on her head in place of her helmet, and runs off to find the culprit, who's possibly wanting to sell her pelt on the Bikini Bottom black market. However, the Bikini Bottom residences think she is naked, and make fun of her hairless pink skin, calling her a "hairless goat," a "nudist ferret," and a "naked chipmunk." Sandy makes a makeshift skirt out of seaweed to cover her "hind end," but it overheats, gets brittle, and shatters into pieces when she warms her hairless body by a vent.
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is giving Plankton an irritating lesson where he has to put the bun on the exact spot of the patty, but he is always off by a random amount. He gives up, steals the formula, and tries to escape. The real Sandy enters the Krusty Krab and stops him in the nick of time. She then rolls up her fur coat and puts Plankton in a jar of mustard. Unfortunately, the police catch up with her. When they announce that they will take the "sicko" away, Sandy thinks that they are trying to arrest Plankton for stealing her fur coat, but instead they arrest her for public nudity, making her sigh gloomily as the episode comes to an end.
- People calling Sandy a naked chipmunk, a hairless goat, and a nudist ferret.
- SpongeBob continuously saying "Ooh, try again," to "Sandy" putting the bun on the Krabby Patty.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Sneaky Buns - Nicolas Carr [opening]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton hiding in a sesame seed bun]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [Krabby Patty served to Sandy]
‣ Danger HQ - Norman Dane [Plankton gets trapped in Sandy's suit]
‣ Dramatic Cue (E) - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton can't breathe]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [Sandy takes a shower]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Plankton gets an idea]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [Plankton steals Sandy's fur]
‣ Like Strange - Kenny Graham ["Was there an accident? What is that?"]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy can't find her fur]
• Entrapped - Nicolas Carr [Sandy's angry]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece A - Gregor F. Narholz [Plankton controlling Sandy's fur like a robot]
‣ Sneaking About - Phil Green ["Sandy" bumps into Larry]
• Yee-haw Yee-haw - Nicolas Carr ["Yee-ha! Yee-ha, yee-ha, yee-ha!"]
‣ Harry the Hippo - Phil Green ["Sandy" enters the Krusty Krab]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["I got it!"]
‣ Sneaking About - Phil Green ["Uh, yeah"]
‣ Cocksure Capers - Phil Green [Plankton imitating Sandy/"Anyway, I'm gonna leave it out here while I clean out the safe."]
‣ The Gunfighter - Franco Micalizzi, Roberto Predagio ["That no-good who nabbed my pelt surely came here."]
‣ Whimsical Walk - Phil Green [people laughing at Sandy]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond C. Jones ["With this much attention, that no-good fur thief will see me coming a mile away."]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [Sandy hides behind some boxes]
‣ Tahitian Drums A - Kapono Beamer [Sandy puts on a grass skirt]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob showing "Sandy" how to make a Krabby Patty]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, look, a hairless goat!"]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy runs away]
• Comedic Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [back at the Krusty Krab]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Death In The City - Jack Beaver ["A nudist ferret!"]
• Goofy Conversation Continued - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Oh, still off by that much."]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Plankton takes the formula]
‣ Crime Squad - John Cameron [Sandy fights Plankton]
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Great Patty Caper, Complete Seventh Season, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 10, The Seventh & Eighth Seasons, 3 DVD Value Pack Volume 2, Kids Double Pack: Volume 4, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Sunđer Bob Kockalone DVD 3, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy" was ranked #65 during the SpongeBob's Top 100 event in the UK and Ireland from June 4-8, 2012.
- Originally Sandy was going to appear fully naked in the episode, as shown in the storyboard, but her early furless design was too off-model and deemed gross that it was scrapped, and got replaced by a furless design similar to the one seen in "Survival of the Idiots" and having Sandy wearing underwear instead of being naked.
- This episode reveals that Sandy takes off her fur to take showers.
- This episode is similar to "Imitation Krabs," because in that episode, Plankton also pretends to be someone else to get the formula.
- This is the only episode where Sandy gets arrested. Although, in an unmade deleted scene of "The Great Snail Race," she gets arrested after kicking SpongeBob in the butt.
- It is not possible for animals to have their fur coats removed without causing excruciating pain, and they would also likely die from either blood loss or shock during the process.
- In "Survival of the Idiots," Sandy has real fur which is ripped off by SpongeBob and Patrick.
- This means that this is the second episode where she is seen without her fur.
- This is the second episode in which Sandy uses something other than her space helmet to breathe underwater, the first being "Pressure."
- In "Pressure," Sandy uses a jar of pickles. In this episode, she uses a coffee pot.
- SpongeBob specifies that a Krabby Patty must be cooked at the specific temperature of 274 degrees, but in "Bummer Vacation," SpongeBob says the grill must be at exactly 298 degrees.
- The title card uses a similar background as "Dying for Pie" except it is in pink. It is also similar to the "Meanwhile at the Krusty Krab" time card in "Le Big Switch."
- Impersonating someone is considered a serious crime, so Plankton should have logically gone to jail as well.
- This has been shown in "Professor Squidward," when Squidward gets arrested for impersonating Squilliam.
- This is the first episode in which Sandy is called a chipmunk. This would happen again in "The Abrasive Side."
- In this episode, Sandy can eat Krabby Patties by unzipping her suit and transporting them to her air helmet, but in "Pressure," she cannot due to the helmet blocking her mouth.
- Irony: Sandy could have put her diving suit on before going outside without her fur.
- This episode reveals that Bikini Bottom has a black market.
- The scene where SpongeBob continuously says "Oh, try again" to Plankton as he puts the top bun on the Krabby Patty has become popular on YouTube, with a 10-minute version of the clip on repeat.
- This is the first episode to play the tracks "Cocksure Capers," "Harry the Hippo," and "Sneaking About."
- Coincidentally, all three tracks were composed by Philip Green.
- This episode was banned in Australia due to its sexual references and brief nudity towards children.
- The episode's title is a parody of the phrase "Someone's in the Kitchen with Dinah" from the song "I've Been Working on the Railroad."
- When Karen asks Plankton if he is serious about his plan to impersonate Sandy, he replies, "Serious as a shark attack!" This is a pun on "Serious as a heart attack."
- Plankton can fit inside a sesame seed in this episode. However, in many instances, he is the size of an insect and has the capability of carrying Krabby Patties.
- Sandy often calls her pelt her "fur" as if it was her actual fur.
- Sandy has a belly button under her fur in this episode, but she does not in "Survival of the Idiots."
- Sandy is not any smaller under her fur, even though it is very thick.
- When Sandy says, "With this much attention, that no-good fur thief will see me coming a mile away," her eyelashes keep appearing and disappearing between frames.
- Sandy rips her pelt to remove it, but seconds later, it is in one piece. Also, her bikini rips along with her pelt but stays on. Her bikini top also has shoulder straps when she rips it off.
- Throughout the episode, Sandy's bra changes. Sometimes two cups are joined directly together, other times there is a small bridge between them.
- When Sandy rolls up her pelt, it has no bikini top.
- When Plankton is knocked out in Sandy's helmet, he does not shrivel up and turn realistic as SpongeBob and Patrick do when they run out of water.
- Plankton locks the door with a bar on the outside, but when Sandy tries to get out, she is pulling the handle, what means that there would be no reason for the bar.
- When Sandy returns from going underground, she pops up through a sewer cover inside the Krusty Krab. It would be very unlikely that the line would have a cover inside the main restaurant.
- In one scene at the park, Sandy's eyelashes disappear.
- The first time Sandy's pelt reaches for the formula, the pelt's bra strap is missing.
- There is more than one Karen in one scene.
- While Plankton is talking to SpongeBob in the kitchen, there is one scene where SpongeBob's eyelashes disappear.
- When Sandy removes her pelt, there is a short scene in which her panties have disappeared.
- When Plankton impersonates Sandy, he installs a robotic endoskeleton in the pelt, but when Sandy rolls it up, the endoskeleton is suddenly gone.
- When Sandy first takes off her fur coat, she is wearing underwear, but when she steps out, she is not wearing underwear. When she starts taking a shower, she is wearing underwear again.
- After stealing Sandy's fur, Plankton runs outside and locks the door without showing any sign of dehydration due to lack of water in Sandy's treedome.
- When Sandy leaves to find her fur coat, she does not take her helmet and spacesuit that are still in the treedome.
- Bubbles are shown when Sandy knocks down her bathroom door after seeing that she is locked in, even though the tree dome is full of air and not water.
- When Sandy yells at Harold, hidden in the bushes, and looked at the town from a hill, her bra appears smaller.
- Sandy rolls up her fur coat when she defeats Plankton, but it is unrolled seconds later.
- When Sandy goes behind the trash cans, and notices the seaweed, her eyelashes disappear. But when she takes the seaweed, they reappear.
- When Sandy is talking to herself, her eyelashes disappear and reappear.
- When Sandy takes off her fur, she rips it in half but in the next scene, it is whole again.
- When Plankton puts Sandy's fur coat in her air helmet, her fur coat is seen with teeth in it.
- When Plankton cheers happily in Sandy's fur coat and starts jumping from the mouth hole through the eye holes in Sandy's fur coat twice, both SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs fail to notice that it is Plankton inside Sandy's fur coat.