- Patrick Star
- Meredith (heard only)
- Isopod (debut)
- Giant clam (cameo)
- Nick Fishkins (debut)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gerhard Fishtrap (debut)
- Electric clarinetist (debut)
- Hedvig Fishtrap (debut)
- Eight of the Fishtrap children (debut)
- Sea urchins (cameo)
- Mr. Sun (cameo)
- Smiling rainbow (debut; cameo)
- Jellyfish (cameo)
- Eugene H. Krabs (cameo)
- Four of the Fishtrap children (mentioned)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Fish on Everybody Aplomb Now
After watching a commercial about a guy named Nick Fishkins who sells houses, Patrick thinks his house got sold. SpongeBob invites him to stay at his place, but end up watching the same commercial at night, leaving them homeless. They go to the Krusty Krab, where they make a house out of the trash from the restaurant's trash.
In the morning, Squidward wakes up and goes to the Krusty Krab in a happy mood. However, he becomes gloomy again after seeing SpongeBob and Patrick in their trash house as he is taking out the trash. He finds out what happened to them and sees this as his chance to live alone.
At night, Squidward is excited to go home, when SpongeBob and Patrick want to visit their old homes. He tells the two that a German family and a rock band, respectively, have moved into their homes. However, they still go to their old homes anyway, so Squidward dresses as a German man to trick SpongeBob into thinking his house is now owned by German fish.
Later, he sees Patrick going to his house, so he dresses as a rock band member and says he can play the electric clarinet. However, SpongeBob calls and he goes over to his house, still in the rock band costume. He gives him a meal and then sends him outside, only for him to want his children to sing for him. He goes back to Patrick's house to prove that he can play the electric clarinet.
He then goes back to SpongeBob's house to sing for him using puppets as the Fishtrap children, with Patrick coming along to watch as well. When Patrick suggests they bring the band from his house to come over, Squidward snaps and tells the two their houses were not really sold as Nick Fishkins' job is to flip houses. When he calls him to flip his own house, SpongeBob and Patrick literally flip it for him. When Nick arrives, he does not want to buy the house as it is broken, much to Squidward's dismay. Squidward's house crumbles as he groans "Ach du lieber," ending the episode.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• A Pinapple Luau Faster - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Friends and Family - Phil Green, Geoffrey Love, Ken Thorne [Patrick watches TV.]
• Rodeodaze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [TV commercial]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to the next scene]
• A Simple Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick tells SpongeBob that Nick Fishkins sold his house.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Aw, don't worry, Patrick."]
‣ Battle Stations - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob and Patrick watch TV.]
• Rodeodaze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Nick Fishkings appears on TV.]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob and Patrick scream.]
• M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick, and Gary go to the Krusty Krab.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick laughs.]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm?"]
◦ Smiling Rainbows - Andrew Goodman, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward sings this.]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, that's why I felt great this morning."]
• Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [House made of trash]
• Rainbows Angels and Harps - Nicolas Carr [Squidward's daydream]
• Down in Davey Jones Locker - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gets an idea.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Looks like you guys got Fishkinned."]
• Hawaiian Ragtime Blues - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob wakes up the next morning.]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Ah, work is done."]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick not to visit their houses.]
‣ Elegance [#25] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Squidward is at home reading magazines.]
• Silly Bob Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob knocks on his door.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (g) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs to SpongeBob's house.]
‣ Beer (On This Table) Please - Rosita S Romano [Squidward answers the door in disguise/"Nein, nein! No moven sie! Sitz!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs back home.]
‣ ? ["Hey man, like, what's happening?"]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I'll be right back."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward returns to SpongeBob's house.]
• The Donut Dilema - Nicolas Carr [Squidward pretending to be Hedwig.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (XVI) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I love outdoor concerts."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs to Patrick's rock.]
• Wig Struck with E Clarinet - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing the electric clarinet.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward growls.]
• The Kiddywinks Song - Nicolas Carr [Singing sockpuppets]
• A Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I think the littlest kiddywink is off-key."]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward growls.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield ["He doesn't live in the houses he buys."]
• A Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward explains what Nick Fishkins does.]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["I know!"]
• Greenhorn Rag Remix No Whistle - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["One... two... three!"]
• Greenhorn Rag Remix - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's house falls back down.]
• Rodeodaze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Nick Fishkins pulls up.]
• A Pineapple Luau - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 16, Sea Side Story, Complete Ninth Season, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- The beginning of this episode is similar to the beginning of "Home Sweet Pineapple," because they both start with someone interrupting SpongeBob.
- Mr. Sun with red eyes and cheeks who first appears in the episode "Best Day Ever," makes a brief cameo in this episode during Squidward's song.
- When speaking German, SpongeBob says, "Good morning, my name is SpongeBob. I have come to visit my old home." However, his pronunciation is very slurred.
- The ending of this episode is similar to "A Friendly Game," because they both end with Squidward's house falling apart and him mumbling.
- The meaning of flipping houses means that the home is bought and gets resold for a profit.
- This is the second episode to feature a trash house. The first was "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful" with Squidward's trash house.
- This is the second season 9 episode where SpongeBob goes to the Krusty Krab covered in trash and has a bad odor. The first was "Lost in Bikini Bottom."
- This is the second episode in which SpongeBob and Patrick have foiled Squidward's attempt to move out of Bikini Bottom. The first was "Opposite Day."
- This is the third episode in which SpongeBob is unable to live in his house. The first was "Home Sweet Pineapple," and the second was "Home Sweet Rubble."
- This was the fifth and final episode to air during the May 2016 premiere week.
- This is the last episode that premiered to use the original 480i standard-definition full screen version of the theme song.
- In the German dub, during the scene where SpongeBob speaks German, SpongeBob speaks Bavarian.
- This is obviously due to the fact Squidward saying, "The Fishtraps only speak... mm... German!" would make no sense whatsoever.
- Instead of "Gerhard," Squidward adopts the name "Xaver" as an alias.
- At the end of the episode in the German dub, Squidward says, "Herrschaftszeiten," which is a Bavarian and Austrian exclamation of indignation.
- The Fishtraps are a possible reference to the Von Traps from The Sound of Music.
- In the title card, the text for Paul Tibbitt is there for one frame after the credits fade upwards.
- Patrick and SpongeBob's houses disappear around the time Squidward is shown reading his magazine.
- When SpongeBob is speaking German, he greets Squidward with "Guten morgen," which means "good morning," but it is nighttime. He should have said "Guten abend," which means "good evening."
- However, the time may have been past midnight.
- SpongeBob's mouth is out of sync with the animation right before Squidward kicks him outside of the house.
- Squidward says Mr. and Mrs. Fishtrap have twelve kids, but when they come out to sing, there are only eight.
- Squidward only has four legs and two arms, so it would be impossible for him to control eight kids at once with only six limbs.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are done flipping Squidward's house upside down, the bottom right window of SpongeBob's house is missing. In the next scene when Nick Fishkins leaves, the bottom right window reappears.