"Snooze You Lose" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 10. In this episode, Squidward is so tired that SpongeBob and Patrick cannot wake him up, but they will not let him miss his big audition.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Herb Star (indirectly mentioned)
- Margie Star (indirectly mentioned)
- Worm puppies
- Gary the Snail
- Lab Squidward (debut)
- Construction worker
- Unnamed anchovy
- Fred (cameo)
- Woman fish (cameo)
- Incidental 118
- Incidental 93
- Freak magician
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 152
- Richard (cameo)
- Con man (cameo)
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 21
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 41
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 67
- Trumpet player
- Maestro Mackerel (debut)
- Octavius Rex
- Live-action birds
- Incidental 114
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 15
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 73
Squidward, who is very tired, starts his nighttime routine. He drinks some warm milk, turns on his noisemaker (which makes a bubbling sound), dims the lights, sings himself a lullaby: "Sleep, little Squidward, catch some winks. Everything and everyone stinks," and attempts to sleep. He then gets quickly woken up by a giant, loud burp caused by SpongeBob and Patrick drinking a large amount of soda, which SpongeBob and Patrick both laugh at. Squidward tells SpongeBob to stop and that he hasn't slept for three days. He also tells him that he has to be ready for the Bikini Bottom Philharmonic auditions the next day. SpongeBob tells Squidward to take a walk, and Squidward decides to follow his advice. He finishes his walk and goes to SpongeBob's house, thinking that it's his moai. SpongeBob turns into a bed, and Patrick and Gary join with Squidward sleeping on SpongeBob.
The next morning, the gang has woken up, except for Squidward. SpongeBob and Patrick try to wake him up, but to no avail. The two later make Lab Squidward, but he unfortunately crashes outside the lab and wreaks havoc to the town. Patrick later gets the idea of crawling up Squidward and playing him like a puppet. Later on, the two got ready to control Squidward's body. The two play around with Squidward's body for a while, then they both leave (while in Squidward's body) for the Philharmonic. While doing so, they have trampled on several people and crash a car. A police officer tells the two that the place is a "no-dancing zone."
SpongeBob realizes he doesn't know where the concert hall is. He later asks an old lady where the concert hall is. While doing so, they catch up with the attention of several people. SpongeBob sees a bus that leads to the concert hall and boards it.
The two arrive at the concert hall for the audition, with Octavius Rex and the conductor inside it. While entering the concert hall, the two make a big mess on the stage. SpongeBob asks where Squidward's clarinet is, and Patrick says it was on his backside. The two have Squidward play the clarinet, at first terrible and off-tune (which leads to the conductor calling in the next person), but later plays it well, much to the surprise of the two. In the middle of the audition, Squidward wakes up and is surprised to see he is at the audition. Squidward later finds out that SpongeBob and Patrick were inside of him, and later spits them out of his body.
The conductor later calls Squidward a "musical genius," much to the happiness of Squidward. He later plays (without the two's control) and the two get so irritated by it that he gets kicked out. The scene cuts to the bus, with SpongeBob and Patrick sleeping beside Squidward. Squidward later sees Lab Squidward wreaking terror in the city while oddly playing a "clarinet" (in reality just a house), oddly much to the joy of the townsfolk.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Solo Steel 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [The opening]
‣ Squidward's Lullaby - Kaz Prapuolenis [Squidward sings this.]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob drinks soda, then burps.]
• M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I haven't slept for three days!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward takes SpongeBob's advice.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob jumps toward Patrick to avoid him drinking more soda.]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stuffs a pillow in Patrick's mouth.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick swallows the pillow.]
• Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward takes a walk.]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [Squidward appears at SpongeBob's house unintentionally.]
• Aloha Lui Lui - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Gary fall asleep.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [The next morning]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 4 - Phil Green ["This isn't my rug! Where am I?!"]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob and Patrick trying to wake up Squidward.]
‣ Wake the Dead - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick play rock guitars.]
‣ Disastrous Event 2 [#37] - Harry Lubin ["Patrick, this is bad."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["You are a genius!"]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick create another Squidward in a lab.]
‣ Drama Link (E) - Hubert Clifford ["It didn't work."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["That's it!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 23 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yours."]
• A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick get inside Squidward's body.]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick walk to the town inside Squidward.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield ["You're in a no-dancing zone."]
‣ Air Power - Sidney Sager [SpongeBob puts on his propeller hat and goggles.]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [A crowd of people gather around Squidward.]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob notices the bus to the concert hall.]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick get on the bus inside Squidward/The bus driver closes the bus door.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Moments later..."]
• Bikini Bottom Philharmonic - Nicolas Carr [Exterior of concert hall]
• Humorous Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick get at the concert hall inside Squidward.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 13 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob searches through Squidward's brain.]
‣ Gracious Mood for Clarinet - Otto Sieben [Squidward plays clarinet well because of SpongeBob.]
• Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward spits out SpongeBob and Patrick.]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples ["A magical, musical wizard."]
‣ Grand Opera Fanfare 1 - Nicolas Carr, Marcin Pospieszalski ["Yes, yes! Bring us to ecstasy, maestro!"]
• Harpsichord Classical Bits - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I envy you, common people."]
‣ Grand Opera Fanfare 1 - Nicolas Carr, Marcin Pospieszalski ["For I am in complete control."]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward plays the clarinet very badly.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Later..."]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Lab Squidward plays clarinet.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [The ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17, Factory Fresh, The Complete Tenth Season, and Bubble Boats DVDs.
- The title card for this episode is similar to that of "Mooncation."
- Squidward references the times he freaks out when SpongeBob suddenly pops out of nowhere.
- Gary's food bowl is used as a popcorn bowl by SpongeBob in this episode.
- Richard from "Graveyard Shift" can be seen in the crowd that surrounds Squidward.
- Towards the ending where Squidward plays his clarinet at the Philharmonic Concert Hall without being controlled by SpongeBob and Patrick, there is live-action stock footage that includes a flock of birds fly away, chunks of ice fall in the water, and two large buildings collapse to the ground.
- Apparently, a Squidward clone haphazardly created by SpongeBob and Patrick can play the clarinet better than the actual Squidward.
- This episode is similar to "Slimy Dancing." Both episodes have characters entering other characters' bodies, then control them and have the characters notice them inside their head. Ironically, Squidward was the one inside SpongeBob, so this episode could be considered as "Slimy Dancing," but the roles are reversed.
- This is the second episode in which a character notices characters literally inside their head, in this case, Squidward sees SpongeBob and Patrick in his head. The first was "Plankton!," where SpongeBob notices Plankton inside his head.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob and Patrick go inside Squidward's body. The first was "Squidtastic Voyage."
- This is the third episode to feature a smartphone. The first was "Goodbye, Krabby Patty?" and the second was "Whirly Brains."
- This episode, along with its sister, is dedicated to Barry Anthony Trop, a former music composer for the show (1952-2016). His dedication can be seen in the credits.
- This and "Krusty Katering" are the last episodes aired to use the 2009-2017 Nickelodeon Productions logo at the end of the episode.
- This episode was paired up with "Planet of the Jellyfish" for the Massive Monster Mayhem Marathon on Nicktoons.
- While SpongeBob and Patrick pilot Squidward's body around town, a child mistakes Squidward for Frankenstein's monster.
- "Gustav Mollusk's Symphony No. 5 in C Sharp Minor" is a parody of "Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 5 in C Sharp Minor."
- Maestro Mackerel references Terence Fletcher, conductor from the 2014 film Whiplash. They are both portrayed by J. K. Simmons.