- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Kelpy G (name revealed)
- Harold "Bill" Reginald (cameo)
- Reg (cameo)
- Other octopuses
The episode starts at the Krusty Krab, where Squidward is listening to Kelpy G's smooth jazz on the radio. The radio announces that there is a concert tonight, but the tickets are sold out. Squidward notices that he has tickets, so he could go to the concert, but Patrick swallows them. They use the phones for a chance to win more tickets, but they keep on losing. SpongeBob finally figures it out and they both can go backstage to meet Kelpy G. SpongeBob and Squidward go on a bus to go to Kelpy G's concert. When they get there, SpongeBob's immature behavior makes Squidward feel embarrassed, so Squidward tries to give SpongeBob the slip, by having him get lemonade in the long line, but he shows up and said there was a second lemonade stand. They both go to the concert together and Kelpy G comes down from a large clarinet and plays jazz.
Patrick comes along and said he wanted the nachos. Squidward gets angrier. Patrick eats Squidward's backstage pass, so SpongeBob compassionately gives Squidward his backstage pass, but Patrick eats his too. Patrick wants more nachos. He interrupts Kelpy G's performance, which makes him stop playing, and says what he wants to eat through the microphone and then when he sees his guards try to hurt him, he jumps off the stage and is then carried away by the fans. SpongeBob and Squidward sneak away, but the guards tell them to go back to their seats. When the two get there, they find that some other people took them. Squidward angrily yells at them, which makes Kelpy G stop playing again.
The guards kick them out. The duo manages to sneak backstage, but Kelpy G's manager tells them that they need to leave because they don't have any backstage passes. They both attempt to impress Kelpy G. Squidward begins to play the clarinet, while SpongeBob plays the ukulele. Kelpy G is impressed with SpongeBob's ukulele playing. The fans wait for Kelpy G to come and he does, but there is a partner with him, who happens to be SpongeBob. Squidward comes out on the stage to prove that he is better. However, the guards carry him out and the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Squiddy G - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [plays on radio]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Kelpy G is performing tonight!"]
‣ ? [Patrick swallows Squidward's ticket]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Squidward on the bus]
‣ ? [montage]
‣ Cartoon Sting 8 - Gerhard Narholz [long lemonade line]
• ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [plays on radio]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["But I dazzle... hmm."]
• ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [start of concert]
‣ Cartoon Sting 19 - Gerhard Narholz [Patrick takes the microphone]
• ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [huge guy in Squidward, SpongeBob's seats]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward cries]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Squidward go backstage]
‣ Cartoon Sting 11 - Gerhard Narholz ["This is a private area!"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing clarinet]
‣ Steel Sting (g) - Jeremy Wakefield [Kelpy shoves Squidward aside]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's eyelid twitches]
• ? - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Barry Anthony [Kelpy, SpongeBob duet]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [sting at end]
- The episode has received overwhelmingly negative reviews from fans due to the harsh treatment Squidward is put through for no good reason. Patrick's overly idiotic behavior in this episode has also been a conduit for fans' hate, such as when he eats Squidward's first ticket and backstage pass for no apparent reason whatsoever.
- The title card is somewhat similar as "House Fancy" but it's purple, not red.
- In Germany, the episode has two title cards.
- This is the second appearance of Kelpy G. The first was in "The Thing."
- Running Gag: Patrick eating tickets and Squidward overestimating the situation.
- This episode's plot is similar to "Choir Boys." Although, in this episode, it is Patrick instead of SpongeBob who antagonizes Squidward. Spongebob tags along with Squidward and gets his ticket eaten by Patrick as well.
- Some of the squids from "Cephalopod Lodge" return.
- This is the first time Squidward plays his clarinet and SpongeBob plays his ukulele. The second will be in "Hello Bikini Bottom!"
- Kelpy G is parody of Kenny G.
- Squidward had his work hat on when he was excited that "The Dream is Still Alive." In the next shot, it was gone.