- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Kelpy G (name revealed)
- Incidental 40 (2 cameos)
- Popeye fish (cameo)
- Radio announcer
- Milo J. Fingerfish
- Crew fish
- Other octopuses
- King Neptune (mentioned)
This episode starts at the Krusty Krab in the evening, where Squidward is listening to Kelpy G's smooth jazz on the radio. The radio announces that there is a concert tonight, but the tickets are sold out. Squidward notices that he has tickets, so he could go to the concert, but Patrick swallows them. They use the phones for a chance to win more tickets, but they keep on losing. SpongeBob finally figures it out and they both can go backstage to meet Kelpy G.
SpongeBob and Squidward go on a bus to go to Kelpy G's concert. When they get there, SpongeBob's immature behavior makes Squidward feel embarrassed, so Squidward tries to give SpongeBob the slip, by having him get lemonade in the long line, but he shows up and said there was a second lemonade stand. They both go to the concert together and Kelpy G comes down from a large clarinet and plays jazz.
Patrick comes along and says he wanted the nachos. Squidward gets angrier, especially when Patrick stupidly eats Squidward's backstage pass, so SpongeBob compassionately gives Squidward his backstage pass, but Patrick eats his too. Patrick wants more nachos. He interrupts Kelpy G's performance, which makes him stop playing, and says what he wants to eat through the microphone and then when he sees his guards try to hurt him for his actions, he jumps off the stage and is then carried away by the fans. SpongeBob and Squidward sneak away, but the guards tell them to go back to their seats. When the two get there, they find that some other people took them. Squidward angrily yells at them, which makes Kelpy G stop playing again.
The guards kick them out. The duo manages to sneak backstage, but Kelpy G's manager tells them that they need to leave because they don't have any backstage passes. They both attempt to impress Kelpy G. Squidward begins to play the clarinet, while SpongeBob plays the ukulele. Kelpy G is impressed with SpongeBob's ukulele playing. The fans wait for Kelpy G to come and he does, but there is a partner with him, who happens to be SpongeBob. Squidward comes out on the stage to prove that he is better. However, the guards carry him out and the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Squiddy G - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [plays on radio]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Kelpy G is performing tonight!"]
‣ An Underwater Conversation - Barry Anthony [Patrick swallows Squidward's ticket]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Squidward on the bus]
‣ ? [montage]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [long lemonade line]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [plays on radio]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["But I dazzle... hmm."]
‣ Unknown Track 101 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [start of concert]
‣ Clowning Around Again - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick takes the microphone]
‣ Unknown Track 101 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [huge guy in Squidward, SpongeBob's seats]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward cries]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Squidward go backstage]
‣ A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["This is a private area!"]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing clarinet]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Kelpy shoves Squidward aside]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's eyelid twitches]
‣ Kelpy and SpongeBob Duet - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Barry Anthony [Kelpy, SpongeBob duet]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [sting at end]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 13, Complete Eighth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, SpongeBob on Tour, Rockin' Bikini Bottom, Fine Arts Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- The title card background for this episode is similar to that of "House Fancy," but it is purple instead of red.
- Some of the squids from "Cephalopod Lodge" return.
- This is the second episode where Harold has a lemonade stand. The first is "Karate Star."
- This is the second appearance of Kelpy G. The first is "The Thing."
- This is the third episode where Kelpy G's music is heard. The first is "The Thing" and the second is "Enchanted Tiki Dreams."
- To date, this is the only time that "Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1" and "Steel Sting" play in the same episode.
- In the German dub, this episode is called "Ein Abend mit Kiemi G'," which translates to "An Evening with Kiemi G.'"
- Kelpy G is a parody of Kenny G.
- In the Polish dub, the episode is mistakenly called "Smoothe Jazz w Skalisku Dolnym," which translates to "Smoothe Jazz at Rock Bottom."
- Squidward has his Krusty Krab employee hat on when he is excited that the "dream is still alive." In the next shot, his employee hat is gone.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward are at the Kelpy G concert, they are the only ones with backstage passes even though everyone else should have backstage passes.
- Patrick eating tickets.
- Squidward overestimating the situation.