Smitty Werbenjägermanjensen is a fish who first appears in the episode "One Krabs Trash."
When Mr. Krabs takes his hat, he comes back to life, asking him to give it back. Additionally, he has over his torso the remains of what appears to be a red shirt.
In the SpongeBob Freestyle Funnies 2017 comic The Great Funnybook Giveaway!, covers of his six-volume comic autobiography The Incredibly Long and Uninteresting Life of Smitty Werbenjägermanjensen appear to depict him at different stages of life.
This section is too short. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
Role in episode
Mr. Krabs, using a fake ghost, tells SpongeBob that a man named "Smitty Werbenjägermanjensen" was #1. He also said that SpongeBob's soda-drinking hat is his and that he has to return it to him immediately, so SpongeBob buries it with this fish.
Mr. Krabs tries to get the hat out of Smitty's grave in order to sell it for a large amount of money. However, Smitty is actually an undead being and orders for his hat back but Mr. Krabs refuses. Smitty then summons a whole army of undead fish. Mr. Krabs believes that they would take turns feasting on his insides, then eat his brain and leave his body for the buzzards. Smitty, however, finds that concept to be disgusting and just wants the hat back. He then gives Mr. Krabs two options: give the hat back or suffer an attack from the army of the living dead.
The skeletons attack Mr. Krabs, who defeats them all with a makeshift sword out of a swordfish's skull. Smitty is eventually killed again by Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs then tries to sell the soda drinking hat to four people for $1,000,000. The hat, however, lost its value and nobody would buy it. They then laugh at him for thinking it would still be worth $1,000,000.
- When Mr. Krabs is standing in front of Smitty's grave, it simply reads "Smitty Werben Man Jensen," but according to Mr. Krabs, his last name is Werbenjägermanjensen.
- His tombstone reappears in "The Getaway."
- His hat reappears in "SpongeBob's Place" and "Lost and Found."
- In the Croatian dub, his name is "Špiro Smiljanić Josipović," which is a combination of few most popular Croatian surnames.
- In the Hebrew dub, his name is "ניסים מזרחי אדרי בן זכאי," which is also a combination of a few Hebrew names.