- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 24
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 45
- Contestant caller (voice only)
- Female judge
- Male judge (debut)
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 30
- Brad (debut)
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 91
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 64
- Ballerina whale (debut)
- Unnamed purple fish (debut)
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 21
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 18
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 87
- Incidental 17
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 12
- Pedro (debut)
- Seahorse fish (debut)
- Scottish octopus (debut)
- Eight dancers (debut)
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 81
- French Narrator
- Incidental 103 (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs (epilogue only)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Old Man Walker
In the beginning of the episode, Squidward makes a trophy case. SpongeBob and Patrick make it to the finals of the Bikini Bottom Dance-A-Thon competition while Squidward's confidence for the win is crushed when he fails to proceed to the finals, and is subsequently banned for life from the contest (and booted out of the building) when he tries to steal the trophy. Squidward's desire to win coaxes him to be the coach for SpongeBob and Patrick. Squidward wanted to see SpongeBob and Patrick's dance moves, but Patrick ends up with a butt cramp after trying to pass the limbo stick. He ends up rolling around in pain, and Squidward lets him roll out the door. Squidward asks for SpongeBob's moves, but all he has is wiggling his arms, going around, and laughing. Squidward soon finds himself inside SpongeBob, which gives him an idea: Squidward gets inside of SpongeBob and controls the dancing.
On the night of the big competition, lots of people come, as well as a coin dancer who wows the crowd and ends with a high rating. SpongeBob thinks he cannot compete against that, but Squidward thinks different. When SpongeBob's up, Squidward dances, but the crowd is not enjoying it. Soon, Squidward gets a cramp in some of his tentacles, causing him to scream in pain and hold it whilst hopping around. Soon, the crowd leaves, and Fred is the last to leave. But after catching a glimpse of Squidward reacting to his cramp, he begins to call the crowd back. In pain from the cramp, Squidward has to pull up his knee, making SpongeBob question if this is part of the act. Soon enough, Squidward's remaining tentacles get cramped too, causing Squidward to pull that knee up too, and hold them in pain, causing SpongeBob with no arms or legs, to fall over. The crowd actually applauds at the end, which leads to SpongeBob and Squidward getting the trophy. SpongeBob pops out his arms and legs and begins to take the trophy, but Squidward beats him to it, causing him to have to swallow the trophy to get to Squidward. SpongeBob then says he could not have done it without Squidward, and pulls Squidward out of him, revealing that partnered dancers are disqualified. The trophy is confiscated from Squidward, and it turns out that literally everyone was partnered, even the coin dancer (he had someone named Pedro hidden in his hair, and he had something that popped out coins). The only individual dancer in the contest is number 52, which is indeed Patrick who also got a real cramp like Squidward did, winning him the trophy. SpongeBob says he is impressed with Patrick's new dance, whence Patrick screams before saying, "Thanks."
In the epilogue, Incidental 49 comes into her son Tommy's room to find him doing the cramp dance, but Incidental 49 thought he was hurt. She calls 911, but Tommy gets up and tells his mom that he is doing the cramp. Incidental 49 laughs about kids' "crazy dance fads," and soon SpongeBob, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Patrick show up. Everyone does the cramp, as the episode ends.
- Squidward keeps running into the limbo stick that SpongeBob and Patrick are holding.
- Someone getting cramps.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Soljering On - Sammy Burdson, Jean-Claude Madonne [dance training]
‣ Crime Squad - John Cameron ["It's time to go get it!"]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Squidward runs into limbo pole]
‣ Palm Limbo II - Victor Cavini ["Want to give me a ruling, SpongeBob?"]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Squidward's trophy case]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["You are a true friend."]
‣ Vivat Regina - Laurie Johnson ["I am going forth to meet my destiny."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward runs into the limbo pole again]
‣ Dance Floor - Dave Arch, David Arnold, Simon David Chamberlain [dance tryouts]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["If those two nitwits made it, then I'm a shoo-in."]
‣ Flying Rhythm - Patrice Sciortino [Squidward auditions]
‣ Weeping Willow - Patrice Sciortino [Squidward auditions]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen ["You didn't make the cut."]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward crying]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Squidward runs into the limbo pole]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward cries again]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Patrick gets a cramp]
‣ Palm Limbo II - Victor Cavini [SpongeBob dances]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["SpongeBob, dancing isn't supposed to be fun."]
‣ Ballett Walzer - Norbert Pawlicki [ballet music]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Where am I?"]
• Idea Vibe - Nicolas Carr ["Wait a minute."]
‣ Ballett Walzer - Norbert Pawlicki [ballet music again]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Squidward in SpongeBob's body]
‣ Coppelia Ballet Suite - Mazurka - Leo Delibes, George Wilson [dance recital]
‣ The Circus Comes to Town! - Dick Stephen Walter [whale balancing act]
• ? - seahorse
‣ Sabre Dance - Aram Khachaturian, Jiří Bělohlávek [guy does coin tricks]
‣ Open and End Fanfare - Nino Nardini [SpongeBob announced]
‣ Flying Rhythm - Patrice Sciortino [SpongeBob and Squidward's act]
‣ Weeping Willow - Patrice Sciortino [SpongeBob and Squidward's act]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [audience leaves]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward gets a cramp]
‣ Once Upon a Dream - Clive Richardson [everyone cheers]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward revealed]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [quarter guy cheated]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [everyone else cheated]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [trophy awarded to Patrick]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone [epilogue]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [Incidental 49 screams]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Incidental 49 calls 911]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone ["Mom, calm down."]
‣ Holiday Playtime - Cedric King-Palmer ["I'm just doing the cramp."]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone [Ending]
- This episode is available on the Season 5 Volume 1, SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, SpongeBob's Pest of the West (UK version), SpongeBob StarPants, First 100 Episodes, Best of SpongeBob, Slimy Dancing, Really Big Box Set, SpongeBob's Legendary Adventures, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 7, The SpongeBob Super Square Collection, Complete Fifth Season, From the Beginning, Part 2, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Super Spongy Square Games, Time Travel, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Favorite Episodes Volume 2, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- There are 10 dancing footsteps on the title card.
- In "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV" and various other episodes, when the inside of SpongeBob is seen, his inside is brown and he has organs, intestines, a stomach, a heart, lungs, a brain, etc. However, in this episode, when Squidward was inside SpongeBob, the inside was empty and not brown and SpongeBob was somehow still alive without organs.
- When Squidward says to SpongeBob, "You have two left feet," SpongeBob's feet pop out and shows Squidward he's right. This might be a reference to the episode "Neptune's Spatula," where SpongeBob says he has two left hands.
- The order of contestants during the Final Dance Contest (before the awarding of the trophy):
- Incidental 106
- A whale holding a ball in a tutu
- A costumed seahorse
- Coin dancer
- SpongeBob and Squidward
- When Squidward starts getting the cramp, a dolphin chirp is heard. This is probably because he is swearing. This is the second time dolphin chirping was used for censorship over swearing. The first episode to involve dolphin chirping is "Sailor Mouth."
- When one dancer says, "We're nine dancers, actually," there are only six seen on his leg, so including the big dancer, they were seven dancers. Although there could have been more on the backsides of his legs.
- When everyone is cheering because Patrick won the competition, a cephalopod from the episode "Cephalopod Lodge" can be seen.
- The card for the epilogue has the same layout as the title card for "Boat Smarts."
- Mr. Krabs only appears in the epilogue at the end of the episode.
- It is also unknown why he is able to do a cramp dance since he did not participate in the contest and was not shown in the crowd either.
- This is the first episode to contain an epilogue. The second is "No Hat for Pat."
- This episode marks the second time SpongeBob and Squidward are called "SquidBob" and they get morphed together. The first was "SquidBob TentaclePants."
- This episode marks the second time Patrick gets a butt cramp. The first was in "SpongeGuard on Duty."
- This episode marks the third time everyone cheers except for Squidward. The first was in "Texas" and the second was in "Squid Wood."
- During the November 7, 2015 airing, this episode segment played before "Money Talks" and "SpongeBob vs. The Patty Gadget."
- When Squidward waits to audition, he is seen sitting next to dancers 41 and 65, but when SpongeBob and Patrick come up, those dancers are gone.
- Contestant 41 is in the tryout room when she should have left already before contestants 51 and 52 were called.
- When Squidward was teaching SpongeBob to dance his way, Squidward asks SpongeBob to give him his arms, and Squidward takes them, SpongeBob's sleeves are not on the arm. When they pull out, and Squidward puts his arms in SpongeBob's arms place, the sleeves are not there or on the arm.
- When SpongeBob spins for the competition, the background curtains do not seem to move.
- When Squidward and SpongeBob are done with their dance, SpongeBob's legs grow back. When SpongeBob gave his legs to Squidward, he is seen barefoot, but when they come back, his shoes and socks are seen on.
- Since no partners are allowed, the horse should not have made it to the finals since horse costumes always require two people.
- SpongeBob's and Patrick's original act, the limbo dance, should not have made it either.
- Incidental 49 wears a light purple dress in the crowd. In the epilogue, her dress is magenta. Also, she has no idea what her son is doing in the epilogue, even though she watched the competition.
- When Incidental 49 dials 911 in the epilogue, she presses "8-1-1" instead.
- Incidental 40 appears without eyebrows.
- In the Welsh dub, Luke Brookshier, Tom King, and Steven Banks are all listed as writers of this episode, even though none of them wrote this episode.
- Brookshier and King are also erroneously listed as storyboard directors.