"Shuffleboarding" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season 6. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick pretend to be their heroes at a shuffleboarding contest, but get sidetracked on the way back to return the costumes.
- Realistic Fish Head
- Barnacle Boy
- Mermaid Man
- Patrick Star
- PatBoy (debut)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- ManBob (debut)
- Incidental 92
- incidental 85
- Incidental 84
- Incidental 87
- Old Man Jenkins (blue)
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 90
- Incidental 81
- The Commissioner (heard only)
- Incidental 150 (pink)
- Incidental 151
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 30
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 32
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 17
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 27
- Man Ray
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 12
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 25
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 21
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 6
In the beginning of the episode, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are watching TV in Shady Shoals Rest Home, when SpongeBob and Patrick suddenly appear and wake them up. Mermaid Man attacks SpongeBob with the "Mermarang," thinking he is a supervillain. In the resulting incident, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are injured and sent to the hospital.
While SpongeBob and Patrick go to the hospital to visit them, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy receive a call from the commissioner, telling them that they will be celebrity guest contestants at the Bikini Bottom shuffleboarding competition. They are unable to attend in their condition (Mermaid Man hurting his broken arm more by raising it), but SpongeBob then says both he and Patrick are certified Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy impersonators. They are given rings which produce rubber Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy costumes, and are told to immediately return them after the tournament (no going home first or showing their friends). Also, Barnacle Boy tells them to not do anything else with the costumes.
After they win the shuffleboarding contest, they go to return the costumes, but Patrick convinces SpongeBob that if they do not save the town from evil, no one will. They begin throwing everyone they see in jail for completely unjustified reasons, including throwing away (and wasting) a Krabby Patty, chewing gum too loudly, and being "too old." Eventually, they have arrested nearly everyone in Bikini Bottom, and decide to return the costumes. However, they see Man Ray entering a laundromat, and despite the fact that he is doing absolutely nothing wrong, they follow him in and arrest him after a fight scene, involving throwing Man Ray's head in the dryer, causing it to shrink. The jail is now so full of people that it literally explodes, causing people to fall down from the sky.
SpongeBob and Patrick return the costumes, and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy leave the hospital, but an angry mob of people gathered and begin to recognize Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, who start chasing them for putting them in jail, thanks to SpongeBob and Patrick who then sees them while confusing them for fans, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Life on the Wild Side - Sam Spence [opening]
‣ Hawaiian Link (B) - Richard Myhill [Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy fall asleep]
• ? [NAP!]
‣ Hawaiian Link (B) - Richard Myhill [After the NAP! card]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick appear]
‣ Dramatic Impact (5) - Ivor Slaney [Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy scream]
‣ Arizona Fanfare - Jack Shaindlin [Mermarang]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob hit with Mermarang]
• Credit Card Heaven - Nicolas Carr ["It's so awesome!"]
‣ Drama Link (G) - Hubert Clifford ["Keep on your guard, Barnacle Boy."]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer ["Those aren't supervillains."]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [PANIC!]
‣ The Lineman - Sam Spence [runaway Mermarang]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick land on Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy]
• Unknown Vibe Sting 3 - Nicolas Carr ["Hi... how you feeling?"]
• Goofy Conversation Continued - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Would you get off of me?]
• Unknown Track 114 - Nicolas Carr ["I brought you flowers!"]
• Goofy Conversation Continued - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Since you two are feeling so poorly."]
‣ The Mob - Sam Spence [Mermaphone rings/Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy talking to the commissioner]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick and I can do it, Mermaid Man!"]
• ? [BLING!]
• Unknown Track 116 - Nicolas Carr [BLING!]
‣ Arizona Fanfare - Jack Shaindlin [rings]
• ? [RING]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick in costume]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Shuffleboarding, shuffleboarding, shuffleboarding!"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob stops]
• Seaweed 1 - Steve Belfer ["Out of the way, Gramps!"]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick's trophy]
• Flashback - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob remembers what Barnacle Boy said]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence ["You are to bring those costumes right back here!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact (5) - Ivor Slaney ["Patrick, stop!"]
• Gator - Steve Belfer ["For Neptune's sake, SpongeBob!"]
• ? [kiddy ride]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Their mommies?"]
• Steel Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["No! We are! Let's take 'em to the slammer!"]
‣ People's Court - Alan Stanley Tew [kids locked up]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [warden throws away a Krabby Patty]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares [SpongeBob screams]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm full."]
‣ People's Court - Alan Stanley Tew [warden locked up]
‣ The Lineman - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick throwing people in jail]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob sees Man Ray]
‣ Zelle 503 - Gerhard Trede [Man Ray enters the laundry shop]
‣ Guaracha Senorita - Heidi Pehofer [Man Ray doing laundry]
‣ Hit and Run - Sam Spence [SpongeBob attacks Man Ray]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [Man Ray's shrunken head]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [jail explodes]
• Steel Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [After the Bikini Bottom Jail explodes, the citizens fall out]
• Wahini Wobble Full - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [costumes returned]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- The episode is available on the Viking-Sized Adventures, Season 6 Volume 2, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 9, Triple Pack 2, Complete Sixth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy: Defenders of the Deep, Deep-Sea Games, Big Hits: Volume 1, Kids Double Pack: Volume 5, Kids Double Pack: Volume 7, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode was paired up with "Slide Whistle Stooges" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "Professor Squidward."
- This episode reveals that Incidental 82's name is Mable.
- The title card is similar to those of "Artist Unknown" and "Spongicus," except it is in gold.
- The title of this episode is called "Shuffleboarding," yet no shuffle-boarding is shown in this episode.
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy break the fourth wall when they introduce themselves to the audience.
- SpongeBob and Patrick are certified Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy impersonators.
- Reasons for the people being fake-arrested by SpongeBob and Patrick:
- Riding a store electric horse
- They thought the kids were loitering (ironically, a kid was just standing there which is loitering).
- Throwing out and wasting a Krabby Patty
- This affects SpongeBob's dramatically, since he worked really hard making those Krabby Patties and hates his work being thrown away.
- Chewing too loud
- Patrick should just tell him to just stop chewing his gum so loudly.
- Shoes untied
- SpongeBob should have just told them that their shoes were untied or helped them.
- Being too old
- The old lady should just be in a retirement home instead of jail.
- Being a (retired) villain
- They arrested him for being a retired villain.
- Being friends with a villain
- Mable was friends with Man Ray and they had no reason for arresting her.
- Riding a store electric horse
- Granny from "Have You Seen This Snail?" makes a cameo appearance in this episode, where she is arrested for being "too old."
- "My leg!:" The jail explodes and all the Bikini Bottomites fall down.
- This episode is similar to "Sandy's Rocket" as SpongeBob and Patrick capture people and lock them up in both episodes (not knowing that they're not on the moon even when Sandy tried to tell them in the latter episode and this episode, disobeying someone's orders instead of following them).
- During a tribute to Ernest Borgnine, this episode was skipped for unknown reasons.
- On November 6, 2009 airing, this episode was paired with "The Slumber Party."
- In the opening credits, Derek Iversen's name was spelled as Derek iversen with a lowercase i.
- This error also occurs in "Porous Pockets."
- Incidental 106's arms are much shorter in this episode.
- When SpongeBob is turning the dryer to the "Shrink" setting, his arm is colored orange instead of yellow.
- As SpongeBob and Patrick walk away from the prison, just as it is about to explode, they suddenly disappear out of the screen, rather than gradually disappear, like in other episodes.
- When the people fall down from the sky, a fish with red pants disappears after landing on the ground.
- When the citizens and Man Ray chase after Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy at first, the sky is blue, but later as the episode ends, it is sunset.