"Shuffleboarding" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 6. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick pretend to be their heroes at a shuffleboarding contest, but get sidetracked on the way home.
- Johnny Elaine
- Barnacle Boy
- Mermaid Man
- Patrick Star
- PatBoy (debut)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- ManBob (debut)
- Dennis (citizen)
- incidental 85
- Mable (gray)
- Old Man Jenkins (blue)
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 81
- The Commissioner (heard only)
- Shelly Fishbowl (pink)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Bikini Bottom prison guard
- Frankie Billy
- Incidental 30
- Ivy (gray)
- Incidental 32
- Incidental 11
- Nathiel Waters
- Norma Rechid
- Susie Rechid
- Incidental 155
- Sheldon (fish)
- Incidental 27
- Man Ray
- Tina Fran
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Abigail Marge
- Harry (fish)
- Martha Doris Smith
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Incidental 47
- Billy (lime fish)
- Vera Fishbowl
- Monroe Timmy
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 104
- Frank (muscular goldfish)
- Incidental 9
- Jimmy Gus
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 13
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are watching TV in Shady Shoals Rest Home, when SpongeBob and Patrick suddenly appear and wake them up. Mermaid Man attacks SpongeBob with the "Mermarang," thinking he is a supervillain. In the resulting incident, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are injured and sent to the hospital.
While SpongeBob and Patrick go to the hospital to visit them, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy receive a call from the commissioner, telling them that they will be celebrity guest contestants at the Bikini Bottom shuffleboarding competition. They are unable to attend in their condition, but SpongeBob then says both he and Patrick are certified Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy impersonators. They are given rings which produce rubber Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy costumes, and are told to immediately return them after the tournament. Also Barnacle Boy tells them not to do anything else.
After they win the shuffleboarding contest, they go to return the costumes, but Patrick convinces SpongeBob that if they do not save the town from evil, no one will. They begin throwing everyone they see in jail for completely unjustified reasons, including throwing away a Krabby Patty, chewing gum too loudly, and being "too old." Eventually, they have arrested nearly everyone in Bikini Bottom, and decide to return the costumes. However, they see Man Ray entering a laundromat, and despite the fact that he is doing absolutely nothing wrong, they follow him in and arrest him after a fight scene, involving throwing Man Ray's head in the dryer, causing it to shrink. The jail is now so full of people that it literally explodes, causing people to fall down from the sky.
SpongeBob and Patrick return the costumes, and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy leave the hospital, but are confronted by an angry mob of the people who SpongeBob and Patrick wrongfully arrested, who start chasing them and SpongeBob and Patrick confuse them for fans.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Life on the Wild Side - Sam Spence [opening]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy fall asleep]
• ? [NAP!]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [After the NAP! card]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick appear]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy scream]
‣ Arizona Fanfare - Jack Shaindlin [Mermarang]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob hit with Mermarang]
• Credit Card Heaven - Nicolas Carr ["It's so awesome!"]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["Keep on your guard, Barnacle Boy."]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer ["Those aren't supervillains."]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [PANIC!]
‣ The Lineman - Sam Spence [runaway Mermarang]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick land on Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy]
• Thinking Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hi... how you feeling?"]
• Silly Bob Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy in the hospital]
• Unknown Track 114 - Nicolas Carr ["I brought you flowers!"]
• Silly Bob Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Since you two are feeling so poorly."]
‣ The Mob - Sam Spence [Mermaphone rings/Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy talking to the commissioner]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick and I can do it, Mermaid Man!"]
• ? [BLING!]
• Unknown Track 116 - Nicolas Carr [BLING!]
‣ Arizona Fanfare - Jack Shaindlin [rings]
• ? [RING]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick in costume]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Shuffleboarding, shuffleboarding, shuffleboarding!"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob stops]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["Out of the way, Gramps!"]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick's trophy]
• Flashback - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob remembers what Barnacle Boy said]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence ["You are to bring those costumes right back here!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["Patrick, stop!"]
• Gator - Steve Belfer ["For Neptune's sake, SpongeBob!"]
• ? [kiddy ride]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Their mommies?"]
• Steel Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["No! We are! Let's take 'em to the slammer!"]
‣ People's Court - Alan Stanley Tew [kids locked up]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [warden throws away a Krabby Patty]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares [SpongeBob screams]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm full."]
‣ People's Court - Alan Stanley Tew [warden locked up]
‣ The Lineman - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick throwing people in jail]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob sees Man Ray]
‣ Zelle 503 - Gerhard Trede [Man Ray enters the laundry shop]
‣ Guaracha Senorita - Heidi Pehofer [Man Ray doing laundry]
‣ Hit and Run - Sam Spence [SpongeBob attacks Man Ray]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [Man Ray's shrunken head]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [jail explodes]
• Steel Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [After the Bikini Bottom Jail explodes, the citizens fall out]
• Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [costumes returned]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- The episode is available on the Viking-Sized Adventures, Season 6 Volume 2, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 9, Triple Pack 2, Complete Sixth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy: Defenders of the Deep, Deep-Sea Games, Big Hits: Volume 1, Kids Double Pack: Volume 5, Kids Double Pack: Volume 7, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode was paired up with "Slide Whistle Stooges" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "Professor Squidward."
- This episode reveals that Incidental 82's name is Mable.
- The title card is similar to those of "Artist Unknown" and "Spongicus," except it is in gold.
- The title of this episode is called "Shuffleboarding," yet no shuffle-boarding is shown in this episode.
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy break the fourth wall when they introduce themselves to the audience.
- SpongeBob and Patrick are certified Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy impersonators.
- Reasons for the people being fake-arrested:
- Riding a store electric horse
- They thought the kids were loitering.
- Throwing out and wasting a Krabby Patty
- This affects SpongeBob's dramatically, since he worked really hard making those Krabby Patties.
- Chewing too loud
- Patrick should just tell him to just stop chewing his gum so loudly.
- Shoes untied
- SpongeBob should have just told them that their shoes were untied or helped them.
- Being too old
- The old lady should just be in a retirement home instead of jail.
- Being a (retired) villain
- They arrested him for being a retired villain.
- Being friends with a villain
- Mable was friends with Man Ray and they had no reason for arresting her.
- Riding a store electric horse
- Granny from "Have You Seen This Snail?" makes a cameo appearance in this episode, where she is arrested for being "too old."
- "My leg!:" The jail explodes and all the Bikini Bottomites fall down.
- This episode is similar to "Sandy's Rocket" as SpongeBob and Patrick capture people and lock them up in both episodes.
- During a tribute to Ernest Borgnine, this episode was skipped for unknown reasons.
- This is the last episode to date where "The Mob" is heard because it has since been replaced with "Bikini Bottom Police."
- In the opening credits, Derek Iversen's name was spelled as Derek iversen with a lowercase i.
- This error also occurs in "Porous Pockets."
- Pilar's arms are much shorter in this episode.
- When SpongeBob is turning the dryer to the "Shrink" setting, his arm is colored orange instead of yellow.
- As SpongeBob and Patrick walk away from the prison, just as it is about to explode, they suddenly disappear out of the screen, rather than gradually disappear, like in other episodes.
- If one looks closely, when the people fall down, a fish with red pants disappears after landing on the ground.
- When the citizens and Man Ray chase after Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy at first, the sky is blue, but later as the episode ends, it is sunset.