After the Flying Dutchman does "eeny, meeny, miny, moe," he picks Squidward. Immediately, Squidward smugly wishes that he had never met SpongeBob or Patrick before in his life. The Flying Dutchman grants his wish.
After a cloud of magic, Squidward finds himself, to his shock, standing right next to SpongeBob and Patrick, who now do not remember meeting him, so they introduce themselves to him; even though that is not what Squidward meant. The Flying Dutchman tricked him like a genie might do.
They all get eaten, just like in Patrick's ending, and SpongeBob and Patrick are still trying to introduce themselves in the Flying Dutchman's belly to Squidward, as the short ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Harp! - Nicolas Carr [Squidward's wish granted]
‣ The Beast Within - Paddy Kingsland ["Now that introductions are out of the way, it's time for dinner."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Squidward's ending]
- Voters chose SpongeBob's ending, so this one along with Patrick's Ending does not air on TV, since the voting poll had ended. All future airings of "Shanghaied" show SpongeBob's ending.
- However, in Latin America, Squidward won instead.