In the beginning of the short, the Flying Dutchman finishes "Eeny-meeny-miny-moe," and Patrick gets the last wish. Squidward worriedly says that he does not feel like being trapped on the Flying Dutchman's ship for all eternity, and explains to Patrick the meaning of the word. SpongeBob then says to Patrick that he needs to think harder than ever before. They both start to pressure him, which eventually gives him an idea.
The scene cuts to Patrick chewing gum while SpongeBob and Squidward jump in fear. He then gives a piece of gum to SpongeBob and Squidward and tells them that if they were to be trapped on the ship forever, they might as well have fresh breath. The pair proceed to eat the pieces of gum.
Later, the Flying Dutchman is seen with a big belly and SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward are yelling, "let us out" inside of it, with the trio's clothes lying on a plate. The Flying Dutchman says, "Ahh, minty," as the short ends.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unease - Dick Stephen Walter ["That's you, Patrick. Make your wish."]
• ? Vibes - Nicolas Carr ["Uh..."]
‣ Drama Link (D) - Hubert Clifford ["That's not gonna do it! Think harder!"]
‣ Drama Link (B) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick tries to think of what to wish for.]
• Harp! - Nicolas Carr [The Flying Dutchman grants Patrick his wish.]
• Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This short is one of three "Shanghaied" endings. The kids chose SpongeBob's ending, which became the main "Shanghaied" ending for all future airings.
- Unlike the other two endings, the Flying Dutchman with a big belly is not shown in the main ending.
- If one were to look carefully, Patrick's ending is actually the proper ending. This is because the "Eeny-meeny-miney-moe" segment makes the finger land on SpongeBob before he says, "You are it!" When he says that, it goes to Patrick, then Squidward, and then Patrick again.
- Patrick has a toaster as a brain in this short.
- When Patrick gives the gum to SpongeBob and Squidward, they do not remove the foil from it.