- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Pete (debut)
- Alfred the Lightbulb (debut)
- Unnamed Garbage Truck Driver (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Bikini Bottom Sanitation Police (debut)
It is spring cleaning day, and SpongeBob works diligently on his house. When he takes out his garbage, Patrick reprimands him for letting go of all these sentimental items and saying they still have values to them. After pondering the concept, SpongeBob agrees and fights the garbage truck's claw for his trash. The next day at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob begins collecting random items such as mayo, sweat, and patty grease and soon, he becomes a hoarder. But he runs out of room and starts piling it in his front yard. But Squidward starts to get annoyed by it and tells him that he has to throw away his "junk." SpongeBob tells him that he can't because they hold too many memories, but is unaware he is hoarding. Squidward then calls the sanitation police. They condemn the house because it is filled with junk and that he is a "threat to public health." They tell him he has to evacuate the pineapple immediately. Squidward is happy until they condemn his house for being filled with SpongeBob's "junk." When SpongeBob asks the police if there is anything he can do, they tell him his choices: he evacuate the pineapple or throw away his "junk." SpongeBob decides to throw them away but he takes pictures of everything first. Squidward is then happy again and plans to go back to bed. But he discovers that SpongeBob took so many pictures that he put some of his pictures in Squidward's house, without Squidward's permission, and all the pictures flood Patrick, Squidward, and SpongeBob's front yards.The episode ends when Patrick says, "Nice dress," with Squidward yelling, "IT'S A NIGHTSHIRT!"
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Hawaiian Trax - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [opening]
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cleaning his house]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["It's spring cleaning day?!"]
• Hawaiian Trax - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick runs home]
‣ Hawaiian Sting 1 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick cleaning his bellybutton]
‣ Cartoon Sting 3 - Gerhard Narholz ["You're throwing this away?!"]
‣ ? ["You can't part with a keepsake!"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm... maybe Patrick's right."]
‣ Epic Adventure - Dick Stephen Walter [garbage truck arrives]
• Hawaiian Trax - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Welcome home, precious memories."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 1 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, perfect."]
• ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [jar of sweat]
‣ ? [SpongeBob's house full of junk]
‣ Cartoon Sting 4 - Garhard Narholz ["Hey, Gary."]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Like the front yard!"]
‣ Hawaiian Sting 9 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward wakes up]
• ? - Pat Irwin [tons of junk in front yard]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["Why are you wearing garbage?"]
• ? - Pat Irwin ["Thanks for noticing, Squidward."]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, we had some great times together."]
• ? - Pat Irwin ["Touching."]
‣ The Mob - Nicolas Carr [cops]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hi!"]
‣ The Mob - Nicolas Carr ["Thanks for the information, citizen."]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["Vacate?"]
‣ The Mob - Nicolas Carr ["Thank you again, officers!"]
‣ ? [sting when cops leave]
‣ Hawaiian Sting 9 - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob cries]
‣ The Mad Hatter's Ball - Syd Dale [SpongeBob taking pictures]
‣ South Pacific Island II - Victor Cavini [junk removal]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phillip Green ["I'm going back to bed."]
• Hawaiian Trax - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, and Complete Eighth Season DVDs.
- Running Gag: Someone comments about Squidward's night shirt being a dress, only to be corrected.
- One of the things that can be seen in the pile of garbage at Patrick's house is a table from the Krusty Krab.
- This is one of the occasions where a House Fancy magazine is seen. This time, SpongeBob owns it, hinting that he also likes it, unless he is just keeping everything he sees. The first occasion was in "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants."
- This episode is similar to many "hoarder" shows. The only major differences are no depressing music, interlude cards, or announcers.
- Pete the rock reappears in "The Googly Artiste."
- This episode didn't appear on demand until December 2013.
- The one Sanitation Police Officer only talked through his microphone. He never spoke without it.
- In this episode, Spongebob is considered a hoarder, which is a real problem in the real world.
- Sentimental value is a non-monetary value placed on an item by its owner. The episode's title is based on this phrase.
- Spongebob's Outfit for the second half of the episode is a possible reference to pop artist Lady Gaga, who is famous for wearing crazy outfits.
- After the Sanitation Police leave, "Alfred the Lightbulb" is gone.