"Seaweed" (alternate titles: "Sea Weed"; "Sea Weed Sea"; "Sea Weed Seal"; "Seaweed Seal"; "Sew Weed") was composed by Steve Belfer. It is most commonly used as a theme for Patrick, but it is also quite frequently used for SpongeBob and Squidward. It typically plays during silly moments. The track also sometimes plays in endings.
The main instruments being played in all three versions include various steel guitars, bass guitars, and acoustic guitars.
The traditional slower version, played in the key of A Major.
- 4a. "Naughty Nautical Neighbors" - Squidward sends SpongeBob and Patrick fake and mean bubble messages. ("Sea Weed Seal")
- 5a. "Pizza Delivery" - SpongeBob checks the vehicle inspection. ("Sea Weed Sea")
- 9a. "Nature Pants" - SpongeBob imitates a jellyfish.
- 9b. "Opposite Day" - SpongeBob pretends to be Squidward and talks to the real estate agent; "What kind of fool do you take me for?" ("Sew Weed")
- 10a. "Culture Shock" - "Okay, I get it."
- 11b. "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost" - SpongeBob and Patrick toss a shell back and forth; "Remember, Patrick, finders keepers."; SpongeBob and Patrick put Squidward to rest.
- 12b. "Employee of the Month" - "SpongeBob! What are you doing here?" "You can't win that award if you don't get up for work!"; SpongeBob smashes the clock and he and Squidward argue about the award.
- 13b. "I Was a Teenage Gary" - Squidward attempts to give Gary the snail plasma.
- 15b. "Suds" - SpongeBob is disguised as Patrick's house which fails.
- 16a. "Valentine's Day" - Patrick tries to guess what his present is; SpongeBob and the other fish try to get Patrick to turn around.
- 18b. "Walking Small" - "Um, excuse me, sir, you're sitting on my body, which is also my face..."
- 23b. "Bubble Buddy" - SpongeBob introduces Bubble Buddy to Squidward.
- 27b. "Life of Crime" - "I don't know, what do you wanna do today?"
- 64b. "Good Neighbors" - The ending.
- 73b. "Once Bitten" - Squidward tells SpongeBob to keep Gary off of his property.
- 74b. "Wigstruck" - Patrick eats part of the wig.
- 77b. "Rule of Dumb" - Patrick tries to eat the crown.
- 78a. "Born to Be Wild" - SpongeBob warns Patrick about the biker gang.
- 79a. "The Pink Purloiner" - "Patrick, I'm the Scary Mustache Guy!"
- 80a. "Best Day Ever" - Patrick is shown jellyfishing; SpongeBob gives Patrick his old net; Patrick uses SpongeBob's new net.
- 80b. "The Gift of Gum" - Patrick rolls Gummy to SpongeBob's house.
- 81. "Friend or Foe" - "Your burgers are even worse than Stinky's!"
- 83a. "Rise and Shine" - Patrick sees his alarm clock ringing.
- 83c. "Fungus Among Us" - Patrick enters SpongeBob's house.
- 85a. "New Digs" - "Thanks, SpongeBob!"
- 86a. "Roller Cowards" - "One more time!"
- 86b. "Bucket Sweet Bucket" - SpongeBob shows Plankton the new window.
- 87b. "Breath of Fresh Squidward" - Patrick enters the Krusty Krab with an "Employee of the Month" cake. (Low-pitched)
- 88c. "Slimy Dancing" - The trophy gets awarded to Patrick.
- 89b. "Sing a Song of Patrick" - Back at home, SpongeBob is ready to hear Patrick's song.
- 90b. "The Donut of Shame" - Patrick tries to take the donut.
- 93b. "Pat No Pay" - Patrick mops the bathroom; Patrick eats the hand soap.
- 97b. "The Battle of Bikini Bottom" - SpongeBob flashbacks about Patrick doing unsanitary things.
- 98. "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?" - "Oh, I knew I'd find you, buddy!"
- 104b. "Gone" - SpongeBob imitates Patrick.
- 107a. "Giant Squidward" - SpongeBob squirts different parts of Squidward's body.
- 111. "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" - Patrick emerges from the water.
- 112b. "Choir Boys" - SpongeBob rides a unicycle.
- 113a. "Krusty Krushers" - SpongeBob and Patrick are blindfolded.
- 117a. "Shuffleboarding" - Patrick pretends to shuffleboard.
- 119b. "Overbooked" - "You finally made it."
- 121a. "Sand Castles in the Sand" - "I can assure you that was not cool."
- 126. "The Clash of Triton" - SpongeBob calls Patrick.
- 145a. "Buried in Time" - "Pretzel Pals!"
- 160a. "Patrick's Staycation" - Squidward yells at Patrick. (Low-pitched)
- 164b. "Pet Sitter Pat" - SpongeBob asks Patrick to take care of Gary. (Low-pitched)
- 166a. "Bubble Troubles" - SpongeBob and Patrick go to Sandy's house. (Low-pitched)
- 172b. "Glove World R.I.P." - SpongeBob and Patrick chain themselves to the gates; The ending. (Low-pitched)
- 184a. "Jailbreak!" - SpongeBob appears as a jail guard. (Low-pitched)
- 185. "It Came from Goo Lagoon" - "Good thing I keep a spare set of hands."; Patrick patting the Giant Goo and making SpongeGlob. (Low-pitched)
- 191a. "Squid Plus One" - SpongeBob playing with the jump rope. (Low-pitched)
- 192b. "Pull Up a Barrel" - SpongeBob plays with the toy train. (Low-pitched)
- 193a. "Sanctuary!" - Patrick disguises himself as a snail. (Low-pitched)
- 205a. "Whirly Brains" - SpongeBob tries to open Patrick's head; "It's just me, Patrick." (Low-pitched)
- 250a. "Broken Alarm" - Patrick enters at the Krusty Krab kitchen. (Low-pitched)
- 254-255. "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout" - Patrick can't remember what to say to SpongeBob. (Low-pitched)
- . "What if SpongeBob Was Gone? (Patrick)" - Patrick in Jellyfish Fields.
This version is three semitones higher pitched.
- 19a. "Fools in April" - Montage of Squidward's various ways to apologize to SpongeBob.
- 20b. "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II" - SpongeBob attacks the retired Atomic Flounder. ("Seaweed Seal")
- 23a. "Big Pink Loser" - SpongeBob sees Patrick dressed up just like him.
- 24a. "Dying for Pie" - Mr. Krabs, are you okay?"
- 25a. "Wormy" - Montage of SpongeBob and Patrick warning the town about the "monster."
- 26a. "Grandma's Kisses" - "Keep 'em comin', Granny!"
- 60a. "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" - "I feel safer already. What's next?"
- 65b. "Funny Pants" - The ending.
- 68a. "Patrick SmartPants" - SpongeBob tells Patrick about games.
- 84a. "Spy Buddies" - Patrick looks through a straw.
- 87a. "To Love a Patty" - Patrick enters SpongeBob's house.
- 99b. "SpongeHenge" - "Heh, heh... fishy go bye-bye."; "Boring!"
- 101a. "House Fancy" - Patrick returns SpongeBob's brain.
- 140a. "The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom" - Patrick and Raarg play coral ring toss. (Pitch -1.5)
- 141b. "The Main Drain" - SpongeBob blows bubbles.
- 144a. "That Sinking Feeling" - The opening (Pitch -1.5)
- 145b. "Enchanted Tiki Dreams" - SpongeBob and Patrick play "Buddy Toss." (Pitch -1.5)
- 158b. "The Googly Artiste" - SpongeBob and Patrick do arts and crafts. (Pitch -0.5)
- 202b. "Snail Mail" - A scythe salesman is revealed. (Pitch -1.5)
- 205a. "Whirly Brains" - SpongeBob and Patrick playing with their brains near the jewelry store. (Pitch -1.5)
- 206b. "Code Yellow" - Montage of Squidward's different noses. (Pitch -1.5)
- 208a. "Snooze You Lose" - SpongeBob drinks soda, and then burps. (Pitch -1.5)
- 210a. "Life Insurance" - Squidward comes outside while SpongeBob and Patrick are hitting each other with pillows; Squidward gives Patrick a rake; "I'm losing my footing!"; "Yay, life insurance!" (Pitch -1.5)
- 210b. "Burst Your Bubble" - SpongeBob is the teacher of the bubble boating school. (Pitch -1.5)
- 211b. "Trident Trouble" - Behold this idiot and beware, for trident trouble comes!" (Pitch -1.5)
- 212b. "Sportz?" - Squidward's garden gets ruined by SpongeBob and Patrick. (Pitch -1.5)
- 213a. "The Getaway" - SpongeBob waiting for Stickyfins at the car. (Pitch -1.5)
- 218a. "Spin the Bottle" - SpongeBob discovers that the bottle has a genie inside.
- 219a. "Man Ray Returns" - Squidward says he is going on vacation. (Pitch -1.5)
- 223a. "Sanitation Insanity" - SpongeBob falls into the trash compactor. (Pitch -0.5)
- 224b. "Scavenger Pants" - "Ooh, the Loch Ness Monster!" (Pitch -1.5)
- 228a. "Fun-Sized Friends" - SpongeBob and Patrick running around Squidward’s house making noise (Pitch -1.5); Ending (Pitch -1.5)
- 229b. "Moving Bubble Bass" - SpongeBob and Patrick running around. (Pitch -2)
- 230a. "High Sea Diving" - SpongeBob building a ladder out of garbage. (Pitch -1.5)
- 235b. "Library Cards" - Patrick having fun in SpongeBob's library (Pitch -1.5); Patrick throwing books at SpongeBob. (Pitch -1.5)
- 238a. "Appointment TV" - Montage of SpongeBob helping different people. (Pitch -1.5)
- 238b. "Karen's Virus" - SpongeBob knocking the Chum Bucket door with a hammer. (Pitch -2)
- 240a. "Bubbletown" - SpongeBob blowing bubbles at Bubble Buddy's motor scooter.
- 242a. "FarmerBob" - Patrick appears eating potatoes in the sack. (Pitch -2)
- 243a. "The Nitwitting" - SpongeBob's head short-circuits. (Pitch -1.5)
- 244b. "Pineapple RV" - Squidward slides on SpongeBob and Patrick after they appear under his RV.
- 254-255. "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout" - Patrick jumps off from the shelf into the tour bus. (Pitch -2)
- 258a. "Boss for a Day" - Patrick is the new fry cook of the Krusty Krab. (Pitch -1.5)
- 260b. "Pat Hearts Squid" - Patrick is back to his regular behavior and physical features. (Pitch -1.5)
This version has two guitars playing at the same time.
- 4b. "Boating School" - "I do have an antenna under my hat!"
- 13a. "Scaredy Pants" - The ending.
- 45b. "Doing Time" - SpongeBob and Patrick are disguised as rocks.
- 65b. "Funny Pants" - The next day, when SpongeBob is still laughing.
- 203b. "Salsa Imbecilicus" - Sandy sees citizens acting like idiots; Mr. Krabs throws money around.
- . "SpongeBob's Truth or Square" - Squidward Power-Up
- This is the fourth most used non-sound effect track in the series behind "Grass Skirt Chase," "Hawaiian Cocktail," and "The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka."
- To date, "Friend or Foe" is the only episode in which this track plays in a scene not including SpongeBob, Patrick, or Squidward.
- Since season 7, whenever one of the three versions play, the pitches are always altered.
- “Buried in Time” is the only season 7 episode where version 1 plays.
- This song also plays in the GBA version of Revenge of the Flying Dutchman.
- For years this track was thought to be named "Gator," until Steve Belfer confirmed that the real name was "Seaweed."
- Season 3 is the the only season where version one doesn’t play.