The tenth season of SpongeBob SquarePants premiered on October 15, 2016. The season was announced on May 21, 2012. It was originally planned to premiere in 2014, but it got delayed due to the production of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.
Season 10 first aired on October 15, 2016 with the episode "Whirly Brains" and ended on December 2, 2017 with "The Incredible Shrinking Sponge." The season was released on DVD on October 15, 2019, nearly 2 years after it had completed broadcast on television.
|Title card||#||Title||U.S. airdate||U.S. viewers|
|205a||"Whirly Brains"||October 15, 2016|
|SpongeBob and Patrick get hooked on the latest fad – flying your own brain like a tiny drone.|
|205b||"Mermaid Pants"||October 29, 2016|
|When SpongeBob and Patrick play Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, it's all fun and games until their "sworn enemies" arrive.|
|206a||"Unreal Estate"||June 3, 2017|
|SpongeBob fears that he is allergic to his pineapple house and Squidward offers to help him find a new home.|
|206b||"Code Yellow"||June 3, 2017|
|Squidward plans to get a nose job at the hospital and SpongeBob decides to tag along.|
|207a||"Mimic Madness"||February 25, 2017|
|SpongeBob learns that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" — too bad no one told him how to stop!|
|207b||"House Worming"||February 25, 2017|
|When worms move in to SpongeBob's holes, it's up to him to hide his disgusting new friends from everyone else.|
|208a||"Snooze You Lose"||March 4, 2017|
|Squidward is so tired that SpongeBob and Patrick cannot wake him up, but they will not let him miss his big audition.|
|208b||"Krusty Katering"||March 4, 2017|
|Mr. Krabs and his crew cater a fancy party, but they might be out of their depth with their new wealthy customers.|
|209a||"SpongeBob's Place"||March 11, 2017|
|SpongeBob cooks at home, prompting Mr. Krabs' customers to leave his restaurant and head for SpongeBob's Place.|
|209b||"Plankton Gets the Boot"||March 11, 2017|
|Karen does not want Plankton to stay at the Chum Bucket anymore, leaving it up to SpongeBob to teach Plankton how to make it up to her.|
|210a||"Life Insurance"||March 18, 2017|
|A misunderstanding leads SpongeBob and Patrick to try and prove to Squidward that their life insurance protects them from any danger.|
|210b||"Burst Your Bubble"||March 18, 2017|
|When SpongeBob blows himself a bubble boat, everyone else in town wants one.|
|211a||"Plankton Retires"||March 25, 2017|
|Plankton decides to close the Chum Bucket and move to a new town, but Mr. Krabs still suspects he is up to something.|
|211b||"Trident Trouble"||March 25, 2017|
|SpongeBob accidentally picks up King Neptune's magic trident.|
|212a||"The Incredible Shrinking Sponge"||December 2, 2017|
|SpongeBob must figure out how to do his job after accidentally shrinking himself.|
|212b||"Sportz?"||July 16, 2017|
|Squidward invents a new sport to get back at SpongeBob and Patrick for annoying him, until Sandy catches on.|
|213a||"The Getaway"||June 10, 2017|
|When SpongeBob mistakes an escaped convict for his driving instructor, it's the new teacher who learns a lesson.|
|213b||"Lost and Found"||June 10, 2017|
|Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob in search of a missing toy, and SpongeBob finds himself lost in the lost-and-found.|
|214a||"Patrick's Coupon"||June 17, 2017|
|Patrick has a coupon for free ice cream, but if he wants to use it, he has to enter the store.|
|214b||"Out of the Picture"||June 17, 2017|
|Mr. Krabs buys Squidward's art, but he has to get the artist out of the picture to make profit.|
|215a||"Feral Friends"||October 7, 2017|
|A weird moon turns everyone in the city into wild animals, and Sandy is the only one who can save them.|
|215b||"Don't Wake Patrick"||October 7, 2017|
|Patrick sleepwalks and SpongeBob can't wake him up.|
- This season has the fewest episodes of any SpongeBob SquarePants season with only 11 episodes.
- All of the main male characters are on this season's promotional cover. None of the main female characters (Karen, Sandy Cheeks, Mrs. Puff, and Pearl) are featured.
- This is the second season without any double-length episodes. The first was season 1.
- "Sportz?" is the only episode from this season not to premiere on a Saturday.
- This the first season not to play the track “The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka”.
- This is also the first season to not have “Clownfish Capers” play in a title card since the track's introduction.
- This is the first season to not have Casey Alexander and Derek Iversen as writers since they first started working on the show.
- Amazon Video used to use cover art from The Complete Eighth Season for the cover of this season.
- However, the appropriate cover art is now used instead.
- ^ Nickelodeon Series Episode Totals for Big Time Rush, iCarly, SpongeBob and more (May 21, 2012). Retrieved on February 14, 2018.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/540220140541849600
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/754358534909759489
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/843921493381677056
- ^ http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/2016-tv-upfront-nickelodeon-spongebob-alvinnn-1201720849/
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/652757750686969856
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/655028337652318208
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/677995762018476033
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/760212274233479169
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/802994000982462464