"Scavenger Pants" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, Squidward sends SpongeBob and Patrick on an increasingly difficult scavenger hunt to get them out of his hair.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Um Tentacles (debut)
- French narrator
- Mrs. Tentacles
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- The Loch Ness Monster (debut)
- Sand witch (debut)
- Camera Man (debut)
- Old lady (debut)
- Shelley (cameo)
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 27
The episode opens with Squidward dancing to his classical music. SpongeBob and Patrick come in and scare him up the ceiling. Squidward gets down and asks the two why they are in his house. The two reply that they are bored. They then proceed to eat the food in his refrigerator. As Squidward sees them trying to find food, he comes up with an idea, a scavenger hunt.
Squidward first tells them to bring back a desert sandwich, which can only be found in the Bikini Badlands. SpongeBob and Patrick proceed to the desert where they see a tornado coming towards them, which sucks them back to Squidward's house. Out then comes the witch, who makes Squidward a sandwich. The problem is, the sandwich tries to eat Squidward, so Squidward has to lock it up.
He then sends them on another task that he thinks is impossible, which is to bring back the Boxing Begonia, which can only be found deep in the Mariana Trench. SpongeBob and Patrick head towards a deep canyon and they try to go down with a rope attached to a rock. However, SpongeBob's rope is too short, so he asks Patrick if he has one. Patrick says he has one, but he actually unattached it from the rock, causing them to fall to the bottom. They bring back the flower to Squidward, which actually punches him.
Squidward then gives them another task, to bring back the Loch Ness Monster. He claims that it is impossible since it will eat them if they find it. SpongeBob and Patrick travel to a lake faraway with bagpipes to attract it. When SpongeBob plays the bagpipes, it comes to them. Somehow they bring it back alive and Squidward is shocked. Squidward plays the bagpipes, thinking it likes it, but SpongeBob says it hates it, so the monster eats him.
After being released from the digestive tract of the Loch Ness Monster, SpongeBob and Patrick demand some more tasks, so he assigns them a task that is 100% impossible to solve, which is to find his long-lost "brother." He sends them away, hoping they never come back. SpongeBob and Patrick search for the "brother" for months on end, with one attempt going to Squidward's house and thinking that he was the "brother." Many months later, they find Mrs. Tentacles, who tells them Squidward doesn't have any siblings. SpongeBob, saddened that Squidward had to dream of one, then comes up with a plan.
Squidward is then seen playing his clarinet and running and dancing around. While SpongeBob and Patrick were gone, he attached their houses to his and created his own playground. SpongeBob tells Squidward that he and Patrick found his brother, but then Squidward tells them that he doesn't have one. Patrick then tells him he now has two brothers, SpongeBob and himself. It turns out that Mama Tentacles adopted them so they are now one family, as shown when the camera man takes a picture of the new family, which drives Squidward nuts since those two are the bane of his existence.
- SpongeBob and Patrick successfully finding the things Squidward asks them for.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Kalua Jubalee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Nutcracker-Dance of the Reed Flutes - Fiachra Trench, Peter Tchaikovsky [Squidward dancing while music is played on the turntable.]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick dancing while music is played on the turntable.]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick are bored.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gets an idea.]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Would you like to play scavenger hunt?"]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Scavenger hunt?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob takes dictionary out of his head.]
‣ Fresh as a Daisy - George French [Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick to find the rare desert sandwich.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward pushes SpongeBob and Patrick out of his house.]
‣ Unknown Track 96 - Goodlands.
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr [Badlands.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick's mouths opened.]
‣ Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick crawling across the dessert.]
‣ Drama Link - George Van Parys [Tornado approaches SpongeBob and Patrick.]
‣ Nutcracker-Dance of the Reed Flutes - Fiachra Trench, Peter Tchaikovsky [Squidward dancing again.]
‣ Tower of Evil - Magnum Opus [Tornado at Squidward's house.]
‣ What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Witch?"]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Witch laughs.]
‣ Circus Parade (b) - Dick Walter [Witch makes a sandwich.]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel ["Oh, looks pretty good."]
‣ Terror - Alan Braden [Sandwich attacks Squidward.]
• Hawaiian Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandwich locked up in Squidward's fridge.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward sees a picture of a flower.]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel ["Your next item is the boxing begonia."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick run through Squidward's door.]
‣ Mission to Save Earth - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick see the trench in front of them.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks, Patrick!"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick falls.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick fall into the trench.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Found it!"]
‣ Nutcracker-Dance of the Reed Flutes - Fiachra Trench, Peter Tchaikovsky [Squidward dancing again.]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["WHAT?!"]
• Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Boxing begonia? It's beautiful!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield [Boxing begonia punches Squidward.]
‣ Hit It - Jack Shaindlin [Patrick and SpongeBob as boxing commentators.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["How do you keep finding everything?"]
• Psycadelic Man - Nicolas Carr ["You have to keep your skull numb."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["We're numbskulls!"]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["Find the Loch Ness Monster and bring him back alive!"]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["Ooh, the Loch Ness Monster!"]
‣ Cut and Thrust - Derrick Mason ["They'll never find it, and if they do, it'll eat them!"]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Couch falls on Squidward.]
‣ Balmoral Highlanders - Frankie Hepburn, Austin Ince [SpongeBob and Patrick boating through the Loch Ness.]
‣ The Great Western Jig - Douglas Pincock [SpongeBob playing bagpipes.]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick see the Loch Ness Monster.]
• Harpsichord Classical Bits - Barry Anthony [Squidward playing the clarinet.]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy [SpongeBob and Patrick are back at Squidward's house.]
‣ King of the Giants (c) - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Squidward sees the Loch Ness Monster.]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy ["How did you find it?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 38 - Jeremy Wakefield [One very long digestive tract later...]
• A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Give us another one! Give us another one!"]
‣ Dramatic Episode 2 - Kurt Rehfeld ["Brother..."]
• A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Just one more!"]
• Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["If only you could find my long lost brother."]
• A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Come on, Patrick. We've got some extreme scavenging to do."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm free!"]
• 12th Street Rag 3 with Bass - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick looking for Squidward's brother.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [6 months later...]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick still looking for Squidward's brother.]
‣ Spindlelegs - Cedric Palmer [Mrs. Tentacles' house.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [" Aw, that's so sad."]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [SpongeBob has a brainstorm.]
‣ I Hate People - Kaz Prapuolenis, Rodger Bumpass, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward dancing in SpongeBob's house.]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Squidward, we found your brother."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield ["What are you morons talking about?"]
‣ Spindlelegs - Cedric Palmer [Mrs. Tentacles tells Squidward she adopted SpongeBob and Patrick.]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's head explodes.]
‣ Holiday Playtime - Cedric Palmer [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 18, The Complete Eleventh Season, and Squid Noir DVDs.
- This episode was confirmed exactly 3 months before it premiered.
- This episode makes a few references to The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- SpongeBob and Patrick make their "surprised" faces when they first see the Badlands.
- The trench is very similar to the trench from the movie.
- SpongeBob's voice when he's dried out is just like what it sounded like when the Cyclops dries him out with a lamp.
- This was Luke Brookshier's first episode for season 11, his first episode since "SpongeBob You're Fired," and his first as a solo writer as well.
- in this episode, Luke Brookshier's returns. writing the episode alone, and as an animation writer.
- It is revealed that the reason Squidward doesn't have a brother or sister is that his mother thought Squidward was enough.
- The song "I Hate People" from "SpongeBob's Place" returns in this episode, but instead of Squidward singing it, he plays along on his clarinet.
- The real Mariana Trench is the deepest part of the world's oceans, with a maximum depth of 36,070 ft (10,994 meters) below sea level. In this episode, the Mariana Trench is treated more like an extremely deep canyon.
- The Russian title for this episode is "Ищи, пока не найдешь," which translates to "Search it until you find it."
- The Italian title for this episode is "Il Fratello di Squiddy," which translates to "The brother of Squidward." However, Squidward sends SpongeBob and Patrick to search for his "brother" only near the end of the episode.
- Before Squidward says, "I'm the greatest?" the last 4 notes on Squidward's clarinet sound exactly the same as they were in Giant Squidward, but the last note is an octave higher.
- The episode references the book 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with the Badlands being 20,000 leagues away.
- This is the second episode to reference 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the first being "20,000 Patties Under the Sea."
- The Mariana Trench is a real life trench in the Pacific Ocean.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick react to the Badlands, SpongeBob's teeth and Patrick's eyebrows are missing.
- It would be impossible for Mrs. Tentacles to legally adopt SpongeBob and Patrick because they are legal adults.
- When SpongeBob opens the door and smashes Squidward and his clarinet, his clarinet is missing by the time he frees himself.
- When Squidward was spinning the globe multiple times, the Philippines and Japan from the world globe are missing.
- When Spongebob and Patrick are searching for Squidward's "brother," one of Spongebob's shoes is missing.
- When Squidward took his robe off while dancing, his hands are still visible on the robe.