- French narrator
- Alaskan Bull Worm (debut)
- Incidental 118
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 23
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 32
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 18
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 13
- Feisty (debut)
- Incidental 39
- Incidental 12
- Incidental 46
- Mable's nephew (mentioned)
- Knight fish (debut)
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 21
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 25
- Unnamed sailor (debut)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 105
- Pa Cheeks (mentioned)
In the middle of the night, an unseen creature lurks into Bikini Bottom and causes havoc, taking gigantic bites out of everything in sight. Soon it appears at SpongeBob's house and decimates the pineapple, and SpongeBob wakes up just in time to see the beast. The next morning at the Krusty Krab, he tells the frightened crowd of the Alaskan Bull Worm that he saw, and the townspeople corroborate his tale of woe. They all agree that they need a plan to protect themselves from this monster.
Mr. Krabs tries to take advantage of the situation and make cash by selling Krabby Patties, but he is immediately pelted with ketchup and mustard bottles, because of his greed. As everyone struggles to plan, Patrick suggests physically pushing the whole town to a safer location, but this idea is immediately shot down by Squidward. Among the other suggestions is that someone should take on the beast and that someone willing to do the job turns out to be Sandy. She shows the crowd that her tail has also been eaten by the worm, and vows to go defeat the beast to get her tail back. Nearly everyone cheers, but SpongeBob is terrified, and asks Sandy to reconsider. Sandy refuses to listen to his pleas and rushes out, so SpongeBob goes after her. The townspeople then decide, as a backup plan, to follow Patrick's suggestion and start shoving the city out of harm's way.
SpongeBob catches up to Sandy and again tries to dissuade her from her crusade. Sandy scoffs at his fears, sure of her own strength and of the need to retrieve her tail. SpongeBob meekly informs her that he is the one who has her tail, but when she asks to see it, all he can produce is a paperclip and a piece of string. Nevertheless, he keeps trying to stop her from proceeding. Nothing he does slows her down, so he begs her not to go there, that she has no idea what she's up against. Sandy, annoyed at SpongeBob's constant worrying, commands him to agree that there is no animal too big or dangerous for her to handle.
They reach a large, moist cave that seems to be the lair of the worm, and against SpongeBob's protestations, Sandy heads inside to do battle with the creature. She manages to wrangle the wriggly monstrosity and tie it in a knot, proudly presenting it and her reunited tail to SpongeBob, saying she knew no worm was a match for her. However, Spongebob timidly points out that what she is defeated is not the Alaskan Bull Worm, but rather its tongue. After contemplating the fact that the cave itself is actually the worm, Sandy sagely decides to hightail it.
The giant worm angrily gives chase, but even as SpongeBob and Sandy run for dear life, SpongeBob cannot help but point out he was right all along about the worm being too much for her to handle, coercing Sandy into admitting it, and she does after a while. Still needing a way to escape, Sandy takes the paperclip and string SpongeBob showed her earlier, and uses them to snag a branch of coral. She swings them out of the charging worm's path, leaving it to hurtle off a cliff. Sandy and SpongeBob congratulate themselves and head off to inform the town of the worm's defeat.
Meanwhile, the townspeople have finished moving the city to the bottom of the cliff and give a cheer thinking it is perfect, just as the plummeting worm lands right on top of it, destroying it, and utters a pitiful "Ouch."
- SpongeBob describing the worm's description.
- SpongeBob trying to stop Sandy from going up against the worm, but failing.
- A fish getting his butt eaten.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Hilo Rag - Guy Fletcher [Title card]
• Solo Steel 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz [Bikini Bottom sign gets eaten/Car gets eaten/SpongeBob's house gets eaten]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob's house destroyed]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece D - Gregor F. Narholz ["It was an Alaskan bull worm!"]
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz ["He ate my wheelbarrow!"]
• Idea Vibe - Nicolas Carr [everyone stops yelling]
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz [sea captain]
‣ The Outlaw (B) - Ron Goodwin ["I'll catch your worm for ya."]
‣ Eerie Tension B - Gregor F. Narholz ["You'll never get a cent out of me!"]
‣ Hilo Rag - Guy Fletcher [the worm ate Sandy's tail]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece D - Gregor F. Narholz ["We're talking about an Alaskan bull worm!"]
• Steel Licks 12 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Back in Texas, I wrangled bulls, I wrangled worms."]
‣ The Story of the West (A) - Ron Goodwin [Sandy leaves]
‣ Hawaiian Link (A) - Richard Myhill ["Wait, Sandy!"]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece D - Gregor F. Narholz ["It's big, scary and pink!"]
‣ Real Western Steel - Bobby Black [SpongeBob trying to stop Sandy]
‣ Fates [#62.02] - Gregor F. Narholz ["Sandy, no! I can't let you!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["Not tough enough... not tough enough!"]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Property of Sandy Cheeks]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Ain't nothin' too big or too ornery for you to catch."]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy interrupting SpongeBob]
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz [worm sign]
‣ Blazing Trails - Guy Fletcher, Rod Williams [Sandy fighting the worm's tongue]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["No worm is a match for me."]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz ["That's not the worm, that's his tongue."]
‣ Hog Fever (A) - Graham D.H. Preskett [worm chases SpongeBob and Sandy]
‣ Volga Boat Men - Dick Stephen Walter ["Push!"]
‣ Ruckus in the Henhouse A - Steve Goomas, Doug Perkins [Ending]
- "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm" was ranked #47 during the Best Day Ever event from November 9–10, 2006.
- This episode is available on the Home Sweet Pineapple, Complete 2nd Season, Big Hits: Volume 2, Triple Pack 4, Sportingly Sandy, From the Beginning, Pt.1, Get to Work!, SpongeBob SquarePants Has Hit Rock Bottom, The Super Celebrations, Two Crazy Episodes!, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 4, The Complete Second Season, I'm with Hazo, Beach Bob, The Ultimate Box Set, Exposed!: The Ultimate Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The First & Second Seasons, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode is also available on the Home Sweet Pineapple VHS tape.
- This is the second episode where a character enters a creature's cavity thinking it is a cave. The first was "Prehibernation Week."
- Patrick's idea to take Bikini Bottom and push it somewhere else has become popular on the internet and is popularly known as "Pushing Patrick" or "Push It Somewhere Else Patrick."
- Irony: Squidward says that Patrick's idea may just be crazy enough to get everyone killed, foreshadowing the situation to come. At the end of the episode, after they follow Patrick's idea, everyone is crushed by the worm when it crashes on the town.
- In the French dub, the "Alaskan Bull Worm" and the "Big Scary Pink" cards are fully localized.
- SpongeBob wears a squirrel mask in this episode that had previously appeared in the episode "Karate Choppers."
- The Alaskan Bull Worm from this episode appears later in the Creature from the Krusty Krab video game. However, in the game, SpongeBob falls into the worm and builds an airplane to escape.
- The knight saying "We should dig a moat!" makes the first time the show references the medieval times.
- This is the first of four episodes transcribed as a comic into the SpongeBob SquarePants/Tokyopop book Gone Nutty!. The other three were "Karate Choppers," "Pressure," and "Sandy's Rocket."
- The Alaskan Bull Worm's line "Ouch" is left untranslated in the Russian dub.
- Sandy's tail is missing throughout most of the episode because it was eaten by the worm. However, in season 1, her tail is not seen when her suit is on.
- This is the first episode to have SpongeBob's name in the title.
- This episode was paired with "Fear of a Krabby Patty" during the Massive Monster Mayhem Marathon.
- This is the first episode where a tiny version of Bikini Bottom is shown.
- In the scene where Sandy enters the worm, she thinks the tongue is a worm. This is a reference to the 1980 Star Wars film The Empire Strikes Back, where the Millennium Falcon flies into the worm's mouth, thinking it is a cave.
- The roar the worm makes before chasing SpongeBob and Sandy is the same sound effect Bowser makes in various Super Mario games.
- When the worm is chasing Sandy and SpongeBob, it is shown to be as tall as five times its height, but when it falls off of the cliff, it is shown to be bigger than all of Bikini Bottom. Additionally, the worm's size is inconsistent throughout the chase scene.
- When Sandy says "Well, I gotta admit, that slowed me down, but I'm still going for him," her voice is out of sync with the animation.
- Part of SpongeBob's finger is missing when he dresses as Sandy's dad for a few frames.
- When SpongeBob talks to the crowd about the Alaskan Bull Worm, several of the background fish are cloned throughout the crowd.
- When Patrick eats all of his food including the packaging when he is chewing on it, glass is heard being crushed despite that what he was eating does not contain glass.
- When Sandy says "Ain't nothing" her eyelashes disappear.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|