- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Pearl Krabs
- Realistic Fish Head
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 45
- Fred (blue)
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 106
- Officer Slugfish
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 27
- Debbie Rechid
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 14
- Money host (debut)
- Mrs. Greenback (debut)
- Money waiter (debut)
- Money violinist (debut)
- Other money customers (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Money dragon (debut)
- Bank manager (debut)
An advertisement for free interest from the bank broadcasts on the Krusty Krab's TV. Mr. Krabs hears about it and leaves SpongeBob SquarePants in charge of the Krusty Krab as he rushes to the bank. Mr. Krabs notices that people get interest. He over-obsesses about money, and Nancy presses a button for guards to kick him out. Mr. Krabs disguises as a mustachioed man, but the disguise fails.
Mr. Krabs disguises again, but as a woman, and Nancy told him he had to make a deposit. Mr. Krabs chooses to deposit only a penny but is anguished. While saying goodbye to his penny, he falls down to a room full of money. He arranges this pile of money into a restaurant. SpongeBob sees that Mr. Krabs is gone. He goes to Pearl, then he calls Mr. Krabs, who says he is running out of oxygen. He then goes to Patrick and asks for his help to break in a bank. Patrick does a spit-take and is shocked at how crazy this is, only to say it is great. SpongeBob and Patrick arrive at the bank and discuss how to retrieve Krabs. Patrick brings some shoelaces, and SpongeBob grapples them to the roof. The shoelaces untie themselves, and he falls. Patrick brings a grappling hook, but it also fails after they took the vent that led that back at the front. He has a key, and SpongeBob commands him to use finesse. Patrick uses his "finesse," but the bank opens at the same time, causing Patrick to run off. Mr. Krabs hallucinates and imagines himself on a beach with a woman made of money, only for the beach to be on fire. The money is the sucked by a vacuum cleaner, which is a dragon in Mr. Krabs' imagination. SpongeBob breaks in but takes his ski mask off. He requests a bank guard to withdraw one Mr. Krabs. The guard sees Mr. Krabs breaking the vacuum cleaner, and promptly kicks him out with SpongeBob, along with his "deposit." Mr. Krabs is angry that the bank didn't even give him his free interest, but gets another penny thrown at him, then says he doubled his money.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Breaking News]
‣ Super Highway March - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [opening of new bank]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs runs to the bank]
‣ Waikiki Dance - Lionel Wendling [customers getting free interest]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs kicked out]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs with false mustache]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs kicked out again]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs wearing a dress]
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony [Penny is put in safe deposit box]
• Sad Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh, penny, I'm gonna miss you."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, well, that looks secure."]
‣ Expectant Stab [#28] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [security guard locks safe deposit box]
‣ Heaveny Info - Paul Arnold, Andrew James Barnabas ["This can't be true."]
‣ The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo - Roger Alan Wootton [Krabs dives into pile of money]
• Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krusty Krab exterior]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs' office empty]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Would you pipe down?"]
‣ Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob goes looking for Mr. Krabs]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs is trapped in the bank]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Time to rustle me up some friends!"]
‣ Disastrous Event 2 - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob talks to Pearl]
‣ Lounging and Fine Dining - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You look absolutely stunning tonight."/"I'm fine boy! In fact, I'm dancing with a beautiful lady."/"Yes, and she's made entirely out of money."/"I'm locked in the bank vault, and having the time of me life."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["I gotta save Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ Hawaiian Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs in money hammock]
• Aloha Lui Lui - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Sun, sand and surf!"]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick in ski masks/Patrick throws the grappling hook up.]
‣ Danger Sign - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Not now, Patrick."]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Why did I come to this uninhabitable island?"]
‣ Evil Horror - Harry Lubin [money dragon]
‣ Secret Agent 00 SquarePants - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick try to get in through the front door]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick runs off]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares [SpongeBob removes his ski mask]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob asks to withdraw Mr. Krabs]
‣ Sword Fight - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Krabs fighting a vacuum cleaner]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Krabs kicked out]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode was released on iTunes on May 25, 2013.
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 15, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Complete Ninth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This was the final episode to credit Derek Iversen as a writer for the show, as he was promoted to animation writer in 2015.
- This is the first appearance of the Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank.
- This is the second episode to show Nancy Suzy Fish working as a bank teller. The first is "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III."
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs dresses as a woman to get to money. The first is "The Cent of Money." In fact, the outfit he wears is similar if not the identical to the one he wears in that episode.
- This is the third episode where figures on monetary objects have been able to perform fish-like activities. The first is "Money Talks," and the second is "Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle."
- This episode preceded the series premiere of the Nickelodeon animated series Sanjay and Craig.
- The bank manager has a similar personality and voice to the Bikini Bottom Mint tour guide, Bill. They both seem to have calm voices even when angered. Ironically, both of them work in similar lines of occupation.
- The vacuum cleaner seen in this episode is similar to Squidward's vacuum cleaner from "Squid's Visit."
- Although Nat Peterson is seen as one of the officers that escorts Mr. Krabs out of the bank, he is later seen at night in the Krusty Krab, out of uniform, eating a Krabby Patty.
- Usually, in order to open a safe deposit box, one must have two keys: their own and the bank's. Nancy Suzy Fish only uses one key and is never shown giving Mr. Krabs a key.
- When SpongeBob asks Patrick about having shoelaces, he says that it was the closest to him of having shoes. However, he wears shoes in "Your Shoe's Untied."
- In the Hebrew version of this episode, the title card was originally textless. However, it was later fixed.
- Mr. Krabs runs out of oxygen while in the safe, despite the fact that it is underwater and nobody breathes oxygen.
- This episode's title is a pun of "safe deposit box."
- The "double the money" promotion in this episode is similar to what credit card companies do to advertise their credit cards and get customers who use them.
- When Mr. Krabs runs out of the Krusty Krab to get to the Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank, in that shot, the road that leads to the Chum Bucket is not there. The Chum Bucket itself isn't even there.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are at the door and Patrick attempts to pick open the locks of the bank doors, the horizon is still night dark. Yet when the bank manager changes the "Closed" sign to "Open" and opens the doors, it immediately turns to morning.
- The bank manager knows SpongeBob's last name despite never having been told it.