- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Dream SpongeBob
- Delicious dairy treat (debut; spoken by him)
- Gary the Snail
- Little ugly mollusk (mentioned)
- Patrick Star
- Dream Patrick
- Commercial Voice-over
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 40 (named Harold)
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 41
- Dream Incidental 41
- Incidental 8
- Dream Incidental 41
- Incidental 37B
- Dream Incidental 37B
- One of the dream nerds (light green)
- Monster dream nerd (debut)
- Incidental 37A
- Dream Incidental 37A
- Monster dream Incidental 37A (debut)
- Dream Incidental 37A
- Dream snake (debut)
- Grim Reaper (debut)
- Grave digger (debut)
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 30
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 108
- Glovey Glove (debut)
- Incidental 159 (debut)
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 6
- Larry the Lobster
- Alternate-Universe Patrick
- Incidental 45
- Old Man Walker
- One of the nerds (light green)
- Glove World! employee (debut)
- Ride voice
SpongeBob is telling Gary a bedtime story, but Patrick, holding a small TV, trespasses into SpongeBob's house (by smashing through the wall) and shows him an important commercial for Glove World!'s new scary rollercoaster called the "Fiery Fist O' Pain." They plan to go on it at Glove World! the next day, which is the first day it opens.
That night, SpongeBob has a nightmare that they both go on the ride and fall into their graves. SpongeBob wakes up shrieking that he does not want to go on the Fiery Fist O' Pain. But, the next day happens immediately after, and Patrick breaks into SpongeBob's bedroom strangely after having the same nightmare at the same time, but they decide not to tell each other. The bus then comes, and they go to Glove World!. They realize that it is a long line to the new ride, so they decide to start going on the ride for toddlers called "The Mitten," which they are scared of, annoying the toddler who is on the ride with them. Just then, they see Larry, who went on the ride. SpongeBob says that he did not go on the ride because he was hungry along with Patrick.
Soon, they eat ice cream. Patrick has to use the bathroom and argues with his reflection in the mirror while SpongeBob and his ice cream get into an argument. Patrick and SpongeBob want to tell the truth to each other, but Glove World! will close in five minutes. Hearing that, they finally go on the Fiery Fist O' Pain, but as they are ready, the ride breaks and they finally admit to each other that they were actually afraid to go on. Then the ride gets fixed, and they ride the rollercoaster. Even though they're scared the whole time, they're really happy that they survived after the ride ends. They lose their spines at the end of the ride, but choose to go again anyway, having faced their fears.
- SpongeBob and Patrick are afraid to ride the Fiery Fist O' Pain.
There may have originally been a scene planned where SpongeBob and Patrick were going to print the tickets online. However, in the commentary this information came from, the commentators laughed about this, meaning it might have been a joke.
Patrick's fear of Glovey Glove might be loosely based off how Brookshier got his Adam's apple pushed by a mascot when Brookshier and the mascot were taking a picture.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Lynda's Music Box - Peter Dennis [SpongeBob reading a bedtime story]
‣ Target - Hans Ehrlinger [Fiery Fist O' Pain commercial]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob goes to bed]
• Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Glove World! Roller coaster."]
• Solo Steel 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["First in line."]
‣ The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo - Roger Wootton [start of SpongeBob's dream]
‣ The Beast Within - Paddy Kingsland ["Excuse me, which way to the Fist O' Pain?"]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner ["In the name of amusement, no!"]
‣ Horror Chords (b) - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob wakes up]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [the next morning]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [SpongeBob screams]
• Gator - Steve Belfer ["I had a bad dream last night."]
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick get on the bus]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [SpongeBob and Patrick scared]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [bus arrives at Glove World!]
‣ The August Waltz (a) - Andy Vale [ticket stand]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill ["Here's your tickets!"]
‣ Dombummel - Gerhard Trede ["It sure was lucky we found our tickets."]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick screams]
‣ Ulk-Fox Nr. 2 - Gerhard Trede [Glovey Glove]
‣ Roll Up Waltz [#11.02] - Andrew J J Hall [The Mitten]
• Steel Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick whimpering after getting off the ride]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [people riding the Fist O' Pain]
‣ The August Waltz (a) - Andy Vale [SpongeBob and Patrick waiting in line]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["One more time!"]
‣ Beach Party - Harry Bluestone [Larry appears]
‣ Fair Ride - Judith Leonie Cann [SpongeBob and Patrick eating ice cream]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [people riding Fist O' Pain]
‣ Merry-Go-Round - Alan Hawkshaw [SpongeBob talking to his ice cream cone]
‣ Caliope Carousel - Roger Roger [Patrick talking to his reflection]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob and Patrick hear that Glove World! will be closing in five minutes]
‣ Rifleman Firerman (a) - Andy Vale [warning sign]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob signs a waiver]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, nice knowing you."]
• Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr ["We're brave!"]
‣ Roll Up Waltz [#11.04] - Andrew J J Hall [SpongeBob and Patrick confess to each other]
‣ Mavericks - The Woodies [SpongeBob and Patrick ride the Fist O' Pain]
‣ Trapeze [#12.02] - Andrew J J Hall [ride is over]
‣ Carnival at the Fair - W. Merrick Farran ["We did it!"]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures, Season 5 Volume 1, Roller Cowards, 10 Happiest Moments, First 100 Episodes, Really Big Box Set, The SpongeBob Birthday Box, 2-Movies-Edition, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Treasure Chest: Double Pack, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 7, Complete Fifth Season, From the Beginning, Pt.2, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Triple Pack 3, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The Best of Bikini Bottom, Glove World Forever, Big Hits: Volume 2, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode was available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures DVD, released on June 5, 2007, a month before it aired on American television.
- The way the letters are placed on the title card are similar to that of the letters being on a roller coaster.
- The Fiery Fist O' Pain is deemed new in this episode, but it appeared previously in "Rock Bottom."
- It is unknown why the Fiery Fist O' Pain has a loop where fish can go above water, as fish cannot breath without water.
- This episode reveals the name of the light blue fish wearing a white t-shirt: Harold.
- The sign about the ride on the Fiery Fist O' Pain says it may cause:
- Projectile vomiting
- Spine loss
- Embarrassing accidents
- Uncontrollable gas
- Explosive diarrhea
- Although Glove World! previously appeared in "Rock Bottom," this is the first episode to show its interior.
- This episode marks the second time Patrick has a talking reflection. The first is in "Rule of Dumb."
- He also references that episode when he says, "I thought we settled this the last time!"
- According to The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash marathon's Celebrity Favorites, Miranda Cosgrove rated this as her favorite SpongeBob SquarePants episode.
- This is Larry the Lobster's only appearance in season 5.
- There is a 2011 LEGO set based somewhat on this episode - Glove World (3816).
- Evidence that the set is based off this episode is that the ice cream clerk in the set wears exactly what Nat Peterson wears when he accepts their tickets.
- Also, Patrick wears the same bib and is messy as a figure in this set.
- The only difference is that the ferris wheel and Sandy are not seen in this episode and Nat is also a different color than the one in the set.
- There is an online game based on this episode called Fiery Tracks of Fury.
- There is a roller coaster in Nickelodeon Universe at the Minnesotan Mall of America called SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge, which was partially based off the Fiery Fist o' Pain.
- In the Welsh dub, this episode is called "Dwrn o Boen," which translates to "Fist of Pain."
- When Patrick shows SpongeBob the emergency broadcast, the former breaks an exterior wall of SpongeBob's house. However, when he goes to sleep, it is mysteriously fixed.
- When SpongeBob wakes up from his dream, his shirt is brown instead of white.
- When SpongeBob sits on the seat on the bus, he says, "Fiery Fist O' Pain, here we come!" but his mouth is just open, not talking.
- When the shot through the camera is first shown, in the background, there are two of the three fish shown appear to look like Incidental 37B and Incidental 150 respectively, and the shot is in front of a rollercoaster, but in the second shot through the camera, the two fish look different and there is a fence in front of the rollercoaster. When the photo is shown, there is no fence.
- When Incidental 40 first wheels Old Man Jenkins out of the Fiery Fist O' Pain, his fin is missing.
- After SpongeBob's and Patrick's eyebrows disintegrate from Larry's armpit smell of adrenaline, they go back to normal in the next scene.
- Briefly, while SpongeBob and Patrick run happily after going on the Fiery Fist O' Pain, the former is shown with no nose for a frame, specifically when he looks straight at the audience.
- Right before the Glove World! employee gives SpongeBob and Patrick their spines, Patrick blinks, but he has pink eyelids instead of purple.
- SpongeBob is a sea sponge, so he should not have a spine.
- Likewise applies to Patrick, since he is a starfish.
- At the end of the episode, SpongeBob and Patrick are about to go on the ride again. However, their ride was the last ride of the day.