- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Little ugly mollusk (mentioned)
- Patrick Star
- Commercial voice-over
- Frankie Billy
- Ivy (gray)
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott (first name revealed)
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Dream Nat
- Tina Fran
- Dream Tina Fran
- Dream Wobbles
- One of the dream nerds (light green)
- Monster dream nerd (debut)
- Dream Gus
- Monster dream Gus (debut)
- Dream Gus
- Dream snake (debut)
- Grim Reaper (debut)
- Grave digger (debut)
- Monroe Timmy
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Nathiel Waters
- Harold (red fish)
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Norma Rechid
- Jimmy Gus
- Susie Rechid
- Miss Rechid
- Frank (red shirt)
- Abigail Marge
- Harry (fish)
- Glovey Glove (debut)
- Baby rider (debut)
- Old Man Walker
- Dennis (citizen)
- Larry the Lobster
- Alternate-Universe Patrick
- One of the nerds (light green)
- Glove World! employee (debut)
- Ride voice
SpongeBob is telling Gary a bedtime story, but Patrick, holding a small TV, trespasses into SpongeBob's house (by smashing through the wall) and shows him an important commercial for Glove World!'s new scary rollercoaster called the "Fiery Fist O' Pain." They plan to go on it at Glove World! the next day, which is the first day it opens.That night, SpongeBob has a nightmare that they both go on the ride and fall into their graves. SpongeBob wakes up shrieking that he does not want to go on the Fiery Fist O' Pain. But, The next day happens immediately after, and Patrick breaks into SpongeBob's bedroom strangely after having the same nightmare at the same time, but they decide not to tell each other. The bus then comes, and they go to Glove World!. They realize that it is a long line to the new ride, so they decide to start going on the ride for toddlers called "The Mitten" which they are scared of, annoying the toddler who is on the ride with them. Just then, they see Larry, who went on the ride. SpongeBob says that he did not go on the ride because he was hungry along with Patrick.
Soon, they eat ice cream. Patrick has to use the bathroom and argues with his reflection in the mirror while SpongeBob and his ice cream get into an argument. Patrick and SpongeBob want to tell to each other, but Glove World! will close in five minutes. Hearing that, they finally go on the Fiery Fist O' Pain, but as they are ready the ride brakes and they finally admit to each other that they were actually afraid to go on. Then the ride gets fixed, and they ride the rollercoaster. Even though they're scared The whole time, they're really happy that they survived after the ride ends. They lose their spines at the end of the ride but choose to go again anyway, having faced their fears.
There may have originally been a scene planned where SpongeBob and Patrick were going to print the tickets online. However, in the commentary this information came from, the commentators laughed about this, meaning it might have been a joke.
Patrick's fear of Glovey Glove might be loosely based off how Brookshier got his Adam's apple pushed by a mascot when Brookshier and the mascot were taking a picture.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Lynda's Music Box - Peter Dennis [SpongeBob reading a bedtime story]
‣ Target - Hans Ehrlinger [Fiery Fist O' Pain commercial]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob goes to bed]
‣ Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Glove World! Roller coaster."]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield ["First in line."]
‣ The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo - Roger Wootton [start of SpongeBob's dream]
‣ The Beast Within - Paddy Kingsland ["Excuse me, which way to the Fist O' Pain?"]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner ["In the name of amusement, no!"]
‣ Horror Chords (b) - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob wakes up]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [the next morning]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [SpongeBob screams]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["I had a bad dream last night."]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick get on the bus]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [SpongeBob and Patrick scared]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [bus arrives at Glove World!]
‣ The August Waltz (a) - Andy Vale [ticket stand]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill ["Here's your tickets!"]
‣ Dombummel - Gerhard Trede ["It sure was lucky we found our tickets."]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick screams]
‣ Ulk-Fox Nr. 2 - Gerhard Trede [Glovey Glove]
‣ Roll Up Waltz [#11.02] - Andrew J J Hall [The Mitten]
‣ Steel Link (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick whimpering after getting off the ride]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [people riding the Fist O' Pain]
‣ The August Waltz (a) - Andy Vale [SpongeBob and Patrick waiting in line]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer ["One more time!"]
‣ Beach Party - Harry Bluestone [Larry appears]
‣ Fair Ride - Judith Leonie Cann [SpongeBob and Patrick eating ice cream]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [people riding Fist O' Pain]
‣ Merry-Go-Round - Alan Hawkshaw [SpongeBob talking to his ice cream cone]
‣ Caliope Carousel - Roger Roger [Patrick talking to his reflection]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob and Patrick hear that Glove World! will be closing in five minutes]
‣ Rifleman Firerman (a) - Andy Vale [warning sign]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob signs a waiver]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, nice knowing you."]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr ["We're brave!"]
‣ Roll Up Waltz [#11.04] - Andrew J J Hall [SpongeBob and Patrick confess to each other]
‣ Mavericks - The Woodies [SpongeBob and Patrick ride the Fist O' Pain]
‣ Trapeze [#12.02] - Andrew J J Hall [ride is over]
‣ Carnival at the Fair - W. Merrick Farran ["We did it!"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
*On current TV reruns, Mavericks is replaced with "Monster Wave" by Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, and James King.
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, 10 Happiest Moments, Glove World Forever!, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- Although this episode premiered in 2007, it was made in 2006 according to the credits.
- The Fiery Fist O' Pain is deemed new in this episode, but it appeared previously in "Rock Bottom."
- This episode possibly takes place after The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water as SpongeBob and Patrick can breathe air.
- The sign about the ride on the Fiery Fist O' Pain says it may cause:
- Projectile vomiting
- Spine loss
- Embarrassing accidents
- Uncontrollable gas
- Explosive diarrhea
- Although Glove World! previously appeared in "Rock Bottom," this is the first episode to show its interior.
- This episode marks the second time Patrick has a talking reflection. The first is in "Rule of Dumb."
- In The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash, Miranda Cosgrove rated this as her favorite SpongeBob episode.
- This is Larry the Lobster's only appearance in season 5.
- There is a LEGO set based somewhat on this episode - Glove World (3816).
- Evidence that the set is based off this episode is that the ice cream clerk in the set wears exactly what Nat Peterson wears when he accepts their tickets.
- Also, Patrick wears the same bib and is messy as a figure in this set.
- The only difference is that the ferris wheel and Sandy are not seen in this episode and Nat is also a different color than the one in the set.
- There is an online game based on this episode called Fiery Tracks of Fury.
- There is a roller coaster in Nickelodeon Universe at the Minnesotan Mall of America called SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge, which was partially based off the Fiery Fist o' Pain. A second Nickelodeon Universe is set to open at the American Dream Meadowlands complex which will have a clone of a Japanese roller coaster called Takashiba, called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shellraiser and a SpongeBob roller coaster called Sandy's Blastin Bronco.
- The line "You wanna see scary? I'll show you scary!" and subsequent bashing of ice cream on himself by SpongeBob, as well as "What are you looking at?", have become an Internet meme.
- It is unknown how the Fiery Fist O' Pain has a loop where fish can go above water, as fish cannot breath without water.
- The way the letters are placed on the title card are similar to that of the letters being on a roller coaster.
- This episode reveals the name of the light blue fish wearing a white t-shirt: Harold.
- In recent TV airings, "Mavericks" is replaced with "Monster Wave."
- When Patrick shows SpongeBob the emergency broadcast, the former breaks an exterior wall of SpongeBob's house. However, when he goes to sleep, it is mysteriously fixed.
- When SpongeBob wakes up from his dream, his shirt is brown instead of white.
- When Harold first wheels Old Man Jenkins out of the Fiery Fist O' Pain, his fin is missing.
- When the shot through the camera is first shown, in the background, there are two of the three fish shown appear to look like Martin and Shelly respectively, and the shot is in front of a rollercoaster, but in the second shot through the camera, the two fish look different and there is a fence in front of the rollercoaster. When the photo is shown, there is no fence.
- Briefly while SpongeBob and Patrick run happily after going on the Fiery Fist O' Pain, the former is shown with no nose, specifically when he looks straight at the audience.
- SpongeBob is a sea sponge, so he should not have a spine.
- Likewise applies to Patrick since he is a starfish.
- In this episode, SpongeBob has a vertebrae. However, in "Squirrel Jokes," it is said that sponges do not have a vertebrae.
- At the end, SpongeBob and Patrick are about to go again. However, their ride was the last ride of the day.
- After SpongeBob's eyelashes were shaved off, they go back to normal in the next scene.
- SpongeBob and Patrick afraid to ride the Fiery Fist O' Pain.