- French Narrator
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Starfish on the cover of How to Open Things
- Sandy Cheeks
- Randy Cheeks (mentioned)
- Men in the rodeo pictures
- Horses in the rodeo pictures
- Cows in the rodeo pictures
- Singing cows (debut)
- Horses in Sandy's song
- Rodeo clown (mentioned)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Gary the Snail
- Nat Peterson
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Abigail Marge
- Frankie Billy
- Jimmy Gus
- Medley Fishbowl
- Tina Fran
- Bullfrog (debut)
- People at the rodeo
- Frank the Goldfish (cameo)
- Shelly Fishbowl
When SpongeBob and Patrick are having a staring contest, suddenly a bottle falls from above and gets stuck in SpongeBob's forehead. It is addressed to Sandy, so they go to her house. Sandy karate-chops the door open, and starts hitting SpongeBob and Patrick until her chops knock the letter out of the bottle.
Sandy reads the letter and says it is from her twin brother, Randy; the rodeo is in town and she has to go to Texas to defend her title. SpongeBob and Patrick then start guessing what her title was for, which she claims is the rodeo. SpongeBob asks what a rodeo is, and then Sandy breaks into a song explaining its concept.
As she sings, SpongeBob and Patrick thought it was dangerous to fight that rodeo. She ends the song by telling them about rodeo clowns that make people laugh when they're feeling sad, and SpongeBob is horrified by this. As a result, he tries to stop her from dangerous rodeos, but Sandy must go. Sandy's suit transforms into a rocket and she goes to Texas. SpongeBob tries to persuade Patrick into helping save Sandy, but Patrick is too incompetent to cooperate.
SpongeBob tries to tell everyone that they must help her, but they refuse, so he captures them in Superb Bubbles while they're sleeping. When they wake up, they're in SpongeBob's house. Squidward gets upset and walks out the door, but falls as the pineapple is in a bubble. Everyone else walks out too and falls. They arrive in Texas to see Sandy riding a bullfrog. SpongeBob says hi to her, and she falls off losing the rodeo. The bullfrog jumps at the bubble and it pops, then Sandy has to save SpongeBob from the frog.
Although Sandy does so, she is also extremely angry at SpongeBob for ruining her winning streak and tells him to leave the rodeo to her next time, with SpongeBob replying, "Aw, nuts!"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Nautical Trilogy - Robert Farnon [pan over ocean floor]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [narrator screams]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [staring contest]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Hark, Patrick, do you hear something?"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [letter for Sandy]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [How To Open Things]
‣ Retro Cool 03 095 D - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio ["Trying a ninja sneak attack?"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick lands on SpongeBob]
‣ Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr ["Do you mind?"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Get out of my suit!"]
‣ Tiki Rapido - Lionel Wendling [Sandy reads the letter]
‣ Steel Sting (v) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Is your championship title for jellyfishing?"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Ro-de-o?"]
• That's a Rodeo - Steven Banks, Luke Brookshier, Eban Schletter
‣ Open Prairie - Larry Hochman [Sandy's suit turns into a rocket]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["I'm in-diff-er-ent."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Patrick?"]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick running away]
‣ Sailor's Sting 14 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Unknown Track 55 - "I need to find someone with compassion."
‣ Murder in Mind [#47] - Ronald Hanmer ["Oh, Squidward, Sandy is in terrible trouble!"]
‣ Cocksure Capers - Phil Green [Squidward climbs through his back window]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - Plankton taking a bomb to the Krusty Krab
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob packing his clothes]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob blows a bubble]
‣ Queen's Aloha Oe C - Queen Lili'uokalani, Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob capturing everyone inside bubbles]
‣ Editor's Falling Over (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [everyone wakes up]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford ["Sandy's in trouble, and I need all of your help to save her."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's house inside a giant bubble]
‣ Unknown Track 50 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [everyone tries to leave]
‣ Rodeo Rascals - Barry Anthony [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off (UK version only), Complete Seventh Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of June 18, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 6.2/10 based on 167 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.2/10 based on 112 votes.
- On the March 22, 2010 airing of this episode, "Summer Job" was supposed to air after "A Day Without Tears," but this episode aired instead.
- This is the third episode about stereotypical western culture. The first is "Texas" and the second is "Pest of the West."
- When the bubble is popped in the middle of the rodeo by the bullfrog, the live-action version of Sandy is seen for the second time since "Pressure;" of Mr. Krabs for the third time after "Pressure" and "Wishing You Well;" and of SpongeBob and Patrick for the fourth time after "Tea at the Treedome," "Pressure," and The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- SpongeBob is shown as a kitchen sponge, Patrick is shown as a real starfish, Mr. Krabs is shown as a real crab, Sandy is shown as a real squirrel, Gary is shown as a real land snail, and the Bikini Bottomites as several types of different fish.
- Patrick's book How to Open Things is said to be a film. Patrick tells SpongeBob he hasn't seen the movie, while SpongeBob has seen the movie and not read the book.
- This episode reveals that Sandy has a twin brother named "Randy."
- This is the second episode where a land snail has appeared. The first was "Dumped."
- There are two scenes in this episode that feature photos of real animals. The first is when Sandy is singing about rodeos and cows are singing along with her, and the second is when everyone arrives in Texas.
- This episode marks the first time Gary is seen on land.
- This episode premiered eight years after Revenge of the Flying Dutchman was released on Game Boy Advance in the United States.
- This episode premiered in Japan five years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in the Philippines.
- This episode aired in Canada on June 3, 2013 due to an error where the episodes "Gramma's Secret Recipe" and "The Cent of Money" played instead. That error was later fixed.
- This is the second episode in which a house is seen floating inside a bubble. The first is "Bubblestand."
- This is the second episode in which Sandy sings a song about Texas. The first was in "Texas."
- Bullfrog-riding is an obvious parody of bull-riding, a common event at rodeos.
- The music "That's a Rodeo" incorporates elements from old west music style and the chorus seems heavily influenced by Disney's Pecos Bill.
- When Squidward walks to get out of SpongeBob's house in the bubble, he has his pajamas on but when he falls in the bubble, he has his typical clothes on.
- When the bullfrog goes to hit SpongeBob and the others, Gary is not in the bubble.
- When the bubble is popped in the middle of the rodeo by the bullfrog, the live-action version of Squidward doesn't appear although Squidward was in the bubble.
- Patrick tells SpongeBob to twist the door to the left, and the latter said he was twisting to the right. However, he actually did twist to the left and it didn't open.
- When SpongeBob was blowing a super bubble at Squidward's house, his right window was open, but in a few scenes later, his right window is closed.
- When Mr. Krabs was in SpongeBob's house, he had his night gown on but when he fell in the bubble, he had his normal clothes on.
- When all the bubbles pop and everyone falls out, Phil can briefly be seen without his purple clothes on in the pile of fish.
- When Squidward walks out of SpongeBob's house, it is suddenly daytime, even though it was night when everyone got transported into SpongeBob's house by the bubbles.
- During the song "That's a Rodeo," at one point Sandy plays SpongeBob like a guitar, but it happens during a violin solo that happens before the guitar solo.
- During the Rodeo song, the subtitles mistakenly say that one of the lines is "aluminum siding," when the actual line is "lune upsiding." The same error occurs in the closed captions for Nickelodeon UK's upload of the song to YouTube.
- Gary is among the people leaving SpongeBob's house even though he actually lives there.
- SpongeBob and all the sea creatures couldn't breathe in Texas, but they continue their lives normally.