The robot tourists appear throughout the level "Snap Happy!" and its variations, "Fussy Photos!" and "Give me a Break!" They are usually seen crowding around exhibits SpongeBob has to photograph. They can be dispatched with a thrown Krabby Patty.
SpongeBob will not continue moving until all tourists in a group are dispatched, even if he has photographed the exhibit they are surrounding (excluding groups surrounding bad exhibits in "Fussy Photos!" and vases in "Give Me a Break!").
One type of tourist has a camera, and when SpongeBob approaches a group of tourists which includes one with a camera, it will face him and ready its camera. If SpongeBob does not throw a patty at the tourist robot with a camera, it will take a photo of him, causing the screen to shake and 10 points to be deducted from the player's score.
They are remote-controlled robots.
They were used in the production of the game.
- "I suppose this is modern art."
- "I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this."
- "It's like a Leonardo da Fishy!"
- "Ouch! That'll leave a mark."
- "That smarts!"
- "Patty attack!"
- "Now that stings!"
- "Stop that!"
- Occasionally, one of the tourists will comment that an exhibit is "like a Leonardo da Fishy!" This is a parody of the artist Leonardo da Vinci.