- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Patrick Star
- Pillow SpongeBob (debut)
- TV announcer
- Dancing anemone (cameo)
SpongeBob wakes up one morning, stops his alarm clock, and looks out the window. He asks Gary about ever wondering what Patrick does every morning. The scene pans to Patrick sleeping on a chair in his house. His alarm clock rings and he becomes startled. He hides and realizes that it is something that happens every day. Then, the alarm clock continues ringing and Patrick says that the joke is over. Its persistent ringing angers Patrick, leading him to attack the lamp and rip it in half.
He then draws SpongeBob's face on his pillow and places his underwear on it to represent his best friend, SpongeBob. He asks PillowBob about the noise and then the pillow falls on the alarm clock.
Then, it is time for breakfast. He goes to the refrigerator and many Canned Coral cans come out of it. Patrick thinks that he has nothing to eat, but he figures out that the food is in the can, so he takes a plate and asks the can to give him some food, but, being insentient, the can obviously does not respond. Patrick tries to open it and gets frustrated, so he throws it and it lands on the alarm clock, causing the food to come out of it.
Patrick grabs the food and sits down to watch television. He eats the coral, but the ringing alarm clock comes again and he realizes that he is late. He runs downstairs, but trips on the broken lamp and falls down the stairs. He crashes through his dresser and his shorts are put on.
Then, he falls again and he goes through his bathroom and grabs his toothbrush. Then, after some shenanigans, Patrick pops out of his rock and SpongeBob asks about his morning. Patrick says he just had another normal morning, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Wahini Wobble Faster - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Chief Taravana - Kapono Beamer ["Good morning, Gary!"]
‣ Against The Law (C) - Wilfred William Burns [Patrick wakes up]
• Seaweed 1 - Steve Belfer [alarm clock ringing]
‣ Dramatic Cue (G) - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick attacks his lamp]
‣ Old Creepy Feeling - John Scott ["Where's it coming from?"]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick talks to his alarm clock]
• 12th Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Breakfast!"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick shaking can of food]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Oh... the food is in the can!"]
‣ Breakfast Show [#34.01] - David Arnold, Paul Hart [Bikini Bottom Live]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, my gosh! I'm late!"]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick falls down the stairs]
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the Friend or Foe?, Season 5 Volume 1, SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis (Korean only), SpongeBob StarPants, First 100 Episodes, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 7, The SpongeBob Super Square Collection, Complete Fifth Season, From the Beginning, Part 2, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode was on TurboNick three days before it premiered on TV.
- This is one of the episodes that aired during the "Patrick For President" marathon.
- This episode, along with "Waiting" and "Sing a Song of Patrick," are the only season 5 episodes to premiere with a TV-Y rating.
- There are 8 rocks on the title card.
- The title card background is similar to the "created by Stephen Hillenburg" card in the theme song.
- The title card background is similar to the upfront background of the opening credits.
- When Patrick breaks his lamp in half, electricity is shown. It is clearly unknown how it happens when the lamp is "literally" made out of sand.
- Patrick is seen eating a food called Canned Coral. However, in "Pizza Delivery," coral is stated to be inedible.
- Patrick can be seen watching the "Dancing Anemone" from "Your Shoe's Untied."
- Patrick says, "I got to put on my teeth and brush my pants," which he actually got the object of each phrase backwards.
- The quote "Alright, you got me. Now cut it out," and the grunt that Patrick makes at the beginning of this episode would later appear in the online game Reef Rumble.
- This episode marked the return of three-pairing episode segments, which has not been seen since the very first episode of the series, "Help Wanted," almost 8 years prior.
- This is the first short of season 5.
- This episode marks the second time that Patrick's house has stairs. The first time is in "The Pink Purloiner."
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob only makes a cameo appearance. The first was "Ugh."
- He also only has three lines in this episode.
- This episode only has two voice actors: Tom Kenny (SpongeBob, television announcer, and Gary) and Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick).
- In the Italian dub, this episode is called "Il risveglio di Patric," which translates to "The Awakening of Patrick."
- In the Croatian and Serbian dubs, this episode is called "Dobro Jutro," which translates to "Good Morning."
- On the November 6, 2009 airing, this episode segment and "Waiting" were paired up with "Patty Caper."
- During the opening credits, Nate Cash is credited as "storyboard directors" even though there is only one storyboard director.
- A similar error also occurs in "Nasty Patty."
- When the coral is on Patrick's alarm clock, it should have been shaking since it is still ringing.
- When Patrick's television turns on after clicking the remote, a green screen appears for a split second before showing the "LIVE from Bikini Bottom" slide.
- When Patrick tumbles down the stairs, his rock ceiling can still be seen even though he was still in the "basement."
- ^ https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/complete-season-5-episode-on-turbonick.14967/
- ^ https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/season-5-in-israel.19088/#post-288317
- ^ https://web.archive.org/web/20131203003049/http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/SpongeBob-SquarePants/6756 Retrieved on December 3, 2013.
- ^ https://nickstory.fandom.com/wiki/November_6,_2009
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svMxGbVyzMI