— Realistic Fish Head, SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song
The Realistic Fish Head (also known as Mister Fish, Johnny, T. McTrout, Elaine, and Mr. Fish) is a tuna who works as an announcer and anchorman in Bikini Bottom. He usually sits at a news desk while his coworker, Perch Perkins, reports live on the scene. He also narrates Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's show and sings in the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song.
He is normally voiced by Doug Lawrence. His quiet voice in "Suction Cup Symphony" is provided by Tom Kenny, who also played the maestro. In "No Free Rides," Dee Bradley Baker voices him but is uncredited, with Doug Lawrence still credited for the role.
He is a dark blue and light brown realistic fish head with brown eyes. His likeness is made from a photograph of an Atlantic bluefin tuna. According to "The Sponge Who Could Fly" audio commentary, the Realistic Fish Head was based on a fish that Stephen Hillenburg bought at meeting in Los Angeles.
He likes to introduce himself as "Realistic Fish Head," in place of a real name. His name is said to be Johnny in the video games Battle for Bikini Bottom and Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated, where he is the announcer for the main boss fights. In "The Great Patty Caper," his name is given as Elaine. In "Toonz2Nite" bumpers for the UK Nicktoons channel, his nameplate reads "T. McTrout" instead, and he is called "T. McTrout of Trout TV News." In SpongeBob's Nicktoon Summer Splash, SpongeBob and Patrick introduce him as "Mister Fish" several times.
Role in series
The Realistic Fish Head has also been the announcer at other events, such as the 21st Fry Cook Games. He is the narrator of the King of Karate video in "Karate Island," the narrator of the championship "boxing" games, and voices the loudspeaker at the Bikini Bottom Zoo in "The Smoking Peanut."
In addition to announcing events in Bikini Bottom, the Realistic Fish Head also serves as a news anchor for the Bikini Bottom News. Most of the news reports he gives are about disasters in the town, such as in "Wormy," where he warns the town about the "monster." He also appears in the episode "Safe Deposit Krabs," where he announces the opening of the Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank.
He also appears during the theme song, when the line "Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish" is sung.
Role in video games
He appears in the intro of the GBA version.
Battle for Bikini Bottom/Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated
He regularly appears to provide the player with news updates when they enter new parts of Bikini Bottom (SpongeBob's house, Shady Shoals Rest Home, and the Chum Bucket). He also provides color commentary when the player is in a boss battle at the Poseidome, Industrial Park, and Chum Bucket Lab.
His voice is heard in the movie scenes throughout the game.
He is seen on Patrick's TV on the opening to the level "Starfishman to the Rescue."
He narrates each level.
- His voice actor, Doug Lawrence, refers to him as "the fish announcer."
- He is one of the two Bikini Bottom's best-known reporters, along with Perch Perkins.
- When he is reporting news when it is snowy in Bikini Bottom, he can be seen wearing a snow hat.
- In the Toonz2Nite bumpers that aired on Nicktoons UK in 2004, the Realistic Fish Head was the host. He reported on land from a news station called Trout TV News.
- He replaced Incidental 27 in the final draft of "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II " during the announcement regarding the winner of the weekly MM and BB contest.
- ^ "The Fry Cook Games." SpongeBob SquarePants. Nickelodeon. DATE. Television.
- ^ https://issuu.com/dhosford/docs/sb_character_guide/44
- ^ SpongeBob's Nicktoon Summer Splash
- ^ Battle for Bikini Bottom
- ^ Nicktoons UK: Toonz2Nite
- ^ "The Great Patty Caper." SpongeBob SquarePants. Nickelodeon. DATE. Television.
- ^ Deep Dive: Mr. Lawrence Does It All
|Recurring characters (V • E)|
Patchy • Potty • French Narrator • Mermaid Man • Barnacle Boy • Flying Dutchman • King Neptune • Larry the Lobster • Harold SquarePants • Margaret SquarePants • Grandma SquarePants • Realistic Fish Head • Perch Perkins • Bikini Bottomites • Jellyfish
Other recurring characters