- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Baby volleyball
- Giant clam
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 40 (named Bill)
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 64
- Other volleyball players
- Appraisal worker (debut)
- Character on the phone (heard only)
- Herb Star (mentioned)
- Baby clams
- French Narrator
- Bert (debut)
- Incidental 39
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 39's ex-wife (mentioned)
- Incidental 108
- Jeeves (debut)
- Incidental 69 (blue)
- Incidental 60
- Brad Ted
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 95
- Male judge
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 16
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Umbrella snail's owner
- Incidental F4
- Other guests
- Gary the Snail
In the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob is walking around in Jellyfish Fields. Suddenly, he hears a shriek and thinks that it came from Patrick, who turns out to have just been mouthing it. Instead, it comes from a clam that is choking on a pearl. The clam coughs up the pearl with Patrick's assistance, and Patrick claims it is a volleyball.
At the volleyball court, as SpongeBob and Patrick are warming up to play volleyball, a local Bikini Bottom citizen notices the pearl and offers SpongeBob a "small fortune" for it. SpongeBob accepts the offer.
The "small fortune" ends up being so large that it fills dozens of trucks, and SpongeBob and Patrick watch from a hill, eating Kelp Jerky as the parade of trucks dumps billions of dollars on his house.
SpongeBob and Patrick use some of the money by spending it at the mall on lifetime supplies of strawberry gum for both of them, but he still has loads of money. Later, SpongeBob and Patrick are at an ice cream stand getting ice cream. SpongeBob overhears some of the other fish in the line complaining that they are short on change, so he offers them money. He gives them much more than they need to pay for the ice cream, but it does cause him to get a lot of friends. SpongeBob is so overtaken by fame that he forgets that Patrick is his best friend. He keeps giving money to his rich "friends."
The next time Patrick sees SpongeBob, he has turned his pineapple into a huge golden mansion. SpongeBob's butler will not allow Patrick in, so Patrick tells him his shoe is untied and slips past him. Inside, SpongeBob is wearing fancy, expensive clothes and is telling jokes to his new friends, and handing out money to anyone who asks for some. Patrick tries to warn SpongeBob that everyone is just using him and that if he keeps throwing away his money he won't have any, but is cut off by Mr. Krabs who kicks him out. Eventually, so many people have used him for his money that SpongeBob runs out completely. He searches both pockets, his safe, his closet, even his toilet, but there is no money left. SpongeBob tells everyone this and they all leave immediately, except Mr. Krabs, who reminds him not to be late for work tomorrow.
SpongeBob returns to his normal life, and he apologizes to Patrick for not listening to him. Patrick takes it in stride and tells SpongeBob that greed is not good. Patrick finds another "volleyball", which is really a huge diamond from the Bikini Bottom Diamond Mine, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Apprehensive 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob hears a terrifying shriek]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Patrick, what is with all the shrieking?"]
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford [A shriek is heard coming from kelp shrub]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [Clam choking]
• Great Idea Patrick - Harp Ding [Nicolas Carr]
• Comedic Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [The slimelich maneuver]
• Steel Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick breaks his back]
‣ Glissando (H) - Skaila Kanga, Richard Myhill [The clam coughs up a pearl]
• Mystery Chime - Nicolas Carr [Pearl is shown]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Their... eyes?"]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["A baby volleyball!"]
• Sponge Twist - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Volleyball courts and appraisal center]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [The appraiser sees the pearl]
• Goofy Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Gentlemen!"]
• 12th Street Rag with Bass - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [A truckload of money is delivered to SpongeBob's house]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, Patrick!"]
• Harp Gliss & Bell w/ Carrol Chimes - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, Patrick!"]
‣ Quick - Joe Brook [Montage of SpongeBob and Patrick at the mall]
‣ Betsy - Joe Brook [End of scene]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Wasn't that incredible, Patrick?"]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The following Thursday]
‣ Royal King - Jean-Pierre Fouquey [Exterior of mansion]
• Steel Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick walks up to the door]
‣ Happiness Castle - Maurice De Courpalay [The butler will not let Patrick in]
‣ Castle Life - Maurice De Courpalay [Inside the mansion]
‣ Left Foot Forward - Graham D.H. Preskett ["SpongeBob, your house is full of strangers."]
‣ Polite Conversation - Graham D.H. Preskett [After Mr. Krabs kicks Patrick out]
‣ Drama Link (D) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob's pockets are empty]
‣ Finger of Fear - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob is out of money]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [everyone's gone]
‣ Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer ["Hey, Patrick."]
‣ Chief Taravana - Kapono Beamer [The ending]
- The episode is available on the SpongeBob's Truth or Square, Boating Buddies, SpongeBob vs. The Big One (Turkish only), Season 6 Volume 2, Holidays with SpongeBob 3-DVD Gift Set, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Triple Pack 1, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 10, Complete Sixth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Big Hits: Volume 1, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode premiered as one of seven in the Super Stuffed Nicksgiving Weekend 2008.
- The title card background would be reused for the one for "Perfect Chemistry," but the background is green instead of blue, and the fish scale shapes are right side up.
- It would also be reused for the one for "New Fish in Town," but the fish scale shapes on that one are sideways instead.
- In reality, a "pawn shop" owner like the one in this episode could not be nearly that rich. Also, if the "pawn shop" owner in this episode were that rich, he would have had a much higher-paying job.
- Kelp Jerky is a parody of beef jerky.
- SpongeBob's rich behavior is similar to Patrick and the power he gains in the episode "Rule of Dumb."
- In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick know how to spend money, but in "Patty Hype," they do not know what to do with it.
- The time card "The Following Thursday" is similar to the title card from "Naughty Nautical Neighbors."
- When SpongeBob buys ice cream, Incidental 40, who is behind him, orders a Triple Gooberry Sundae, an obvious nod to the Triple Gooberberry Sunrise from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Patrick has more common sense and is more down-to-earth in this episode than usual. He advises SpongeBob not to throw away his money and tries to tell him that the people are just using him.
- This is the second episode to feature a location that is composed of two different locations as one. The first is "Pest of the West" with Dead Eye Funeral Parlor and Ice Cream Parlor.
- This is the second time when a clam's pearl appears in an episode. The first is in "The Smoking Peanut."
- This is the second appearance of Kelp Jerky after "Sun Bleached."
- The "Slimelich Maneuver" is a parody of the Heimlich Maneuver. Both serve the same purpose of helping a choking person.
- In some countries, after Patrick says, "Inside the Bikini Bottom Diamond Mine!" the episode instantly ends and immediately switches to "Choir Boys."
- In the opening credits, Derek Iversen's name was spelled as Derek iversen with a lowercase i.
- This error also occurs in "Shuffleboarding."
- SpongeBob has money before Mr. Krabs asks him for some. Afterward, it is gone when Mr. Krabs asks.