- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Dream Plankton (many)
- Pearl Krabs
- Mrs. Puff
- French Narrator
- Bikini Bottomites
The episode begins with the Krusty Krew getting ready for Plankton's next attempt to steal the formula. However, he doesn't come, making Mr. Krabs anxious. Mr. Krabs decides to put the secret formula right out in the middle of the Krusty Krab for Plankton to steal to see if he'll come. When Mr. Krabs thinks Plankton has come, he puts the restaurant in lock down, but it turns out it was just Patrick thinking the formula bottle was ketchup.
Mr. Krabs decides to stay in the restaurant for the night to see if Plankton is planning on stealing the formula, but Plankton doesn't do anything overnight. Mr. Krabs starts accusing customers of being Plankton or helping him despite just being regular people. This leads to Mr. Krabs getting so paranoid about Plankton stealing the formula that he bans everyone from the Krusty Krab, even his own employees.
At night, Mr. Krabs is alone at the Krusty Krab and sees various images of Plankton, further making him paranoid. After running up the pole in the restaurant, he sees everyone he knows going to the Chum Bucket. He thinks that everyone is out to get his formula, and right after, SpongeBob comes to tell him to come to the Chum Bucket as Squidward's been kidnapped.
Mr. Krabs thinks this is a trick and decides to put bombs inside some Krabby Patties while going there. However, it turns out Plankton was setting up for the anniversary of the first time he tried to steal Mr. Krabs' formula. Mr. Krabs realizes his mistake and gains his sanity again, but when he sees everyone trying to eat the bomb patties, he stops them as he knows what will happen to them. Everyone leaves the restaurant, and the episode ends with Plankton almost about to get to the formula, only for a bomb inside the bottle to explode his restaurant.
- Mr. Krabs overreacting about everything that involves Plankton.
- Mr. Krabs stamping "BANNED" on characters.
- Squidward getting injured by SpongeBob with the mop or other things.
- Mr. Krabs being injured by fireworks.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Call of the Union Sabres - Frank Samuels [Opening]
‣ ? ["Hup, two, three, four! Hup, two, three, four! Krabby Patties are the best! They'll put hair on your chest!"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Oh!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob is tired after three hours of guard duty]
• Ad Lib Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Any sign of Plankton?"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to the next scene]
‣ Show Fanfare 1 - David Lindup [Signs pointing to secret formula at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr [Krabs hiding behind the cash register]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Krabs thinks Plankton stole the secret formula]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick has the secret formula]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers leave the Krusty Krab]
‣ Unknown Track 87 - SpongeBob and Squidward about to leave the Krusty Krab
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["And just where do you think you two are going?"/"...I'll be waiting for him."]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs laughs evily, while SpongeBob and Squidward leave the Krusty Krab]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm. I guess Mr. Krabs went home after all."]
‣ Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs hiding on the Krusty Krab floor]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs rolls away]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver [Krabs opens up the customer's head]
‣ Epic Struggle - Fredric Bayco ["Huh? I knew it! You in there, Plankton?!"]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver ["Mr. Krabs, it's not Plankton!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I will never set foot in this establishment again!"]
‣ Epic Struggle - Fredric Bayco [Krabs gasps]
‣ Dramatic Episode 2 - Kurt Rehfeld [Mrs. Puff leaving the Krusty Krab with take-out bag]
‣ Epic Struggle - Fredric Bayco ["Aha! Trying to sneak a Krabby Patty to Plankton, eh?"]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs makes customers wear barrels]
‣ Toy Piano - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs takes a Krabby Patty out of a baby's mouth]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Krabs bans all his customers and kicks them out of the Krusty Krab]
‣ ? [Someone knocks at the Krusty Krab door]
• What the Huh Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Uh... A Krabby Patty?"]
‣ ? ["Why?"]
‣ Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr ["I'm not falling for it. That's the worst squirrel suit I've ever seen."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (VI) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs bans Sandy]
‣ Killer Birds - Gregor Narholz [Krabs going nuts]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Squidward are banned]
‣ Parallel Dimension - Gregor Narholz [Krusty Krab is chained at night]
‣ ? [Chum Bucket commercial on TV]
‣ Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs screams as he sees Plankton's shadow against the wall]
‣ Muscovite Rebellion - Paul Hart, David Arnold [Krabs begins to hallucinate Plankton everywhere/Krabs hallucinates seeing Plankton in the bathroom]
• Unknown Track 34 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs sees something]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Krabs sees SpongeBob, Squidward, Sandy, Mrs. Puff, Patrick, Pearl and Old Man Jenkins sneaking into the Chum Bucket]
• Solo Steel 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs cries]
‣ Quirky Tension B - John Epping [SpongeBob tells Krabs Squidward is kidnapped at the Chum Bucket/Krabs and SpongeBob enter the Chum Bucket]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy ["Surprise!"]
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Anniversary party of the first time Plankton tried to steal the secret formula]
‣ Overture in Sea - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs takes all the booby-trapped patties]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs disintegrates]
• Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone leaves the Chum Bucket]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Krabs leaves the secret formula at the Chum Bucket]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton pulls out the cork]
• Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 19 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- This was the third episode to premiere during the September 2018 premiere week.
- The episode was confirmed exactly 6 months before it premiered.
- In the storyboard art, Mrs. Puff is wearing bloomers. However, in the final product, she isn't wearing them.
- This episode marks the first usage of the APM track "Killer Birds" since "The Main Drain" and the first usage of "Wahini Wobble" since "Snail Mail."
- This is the second episode to have Mr. Krabs on the title card, as well as Plankton. The first is "Friend or Foe."
- Although, they were depicted as a drawing on the title card for "Oral Report."
- This is the second episode to have a close-up of a character's eyes on the title card. The first is "InSPONGEiac."
- Mr. Krabs' pupils on this title card are silhouettes of Plankton.
- Mr. Krabs owns a wristwatch of him smashing Plankton with a wooden mallet.
- The scene where Mr. Krabs turns blue and sees Plankton everywhere is a reference to the episode "Squeaky Boots." They even use the same music.
- Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff's relationship is mentioned in this episode, as she calls him by his real name.
- This episode's premise was pitched by Adam Paloian, who is the supervising director of this episode.
- Likewise, Adam Paloian has mentioned that this was his favorite episode to work on in the series.
- This episode is mislisted on CBS All Access, instead of "Plankton Paranoia"/"Library Cards," it plays "Call the Cops"/"Surf N' Turf."
- The scene where Mr. Krabs bans everything from the Krusty Krab with a rubber stamp is similar to a scene from the Chowder episode "Banned from the Stand." Chowder creator C.H. Greenblatt worked on SpongeBob SquarePants, so it's possible they're paying homage to one of their former staff and his show.
- At the end, Mr. Krabs has a cast on his eye, but in the next shot of him, it disappears.
- In the episode "Plankton!" (when SpongeBob meets Plankton for the first time), Mr. Krabs claims that Plankton tried to steal the secret formula for years, and in "Plankton's Army," he said it was the 25th anniversary, but in this episode (SpongeBob knows Plankton), Plankton claims that it has been a year since he tried to steal the secret formula.
- However, it could be that Plankton meant a yearly event of stealing the formula.
- Mr. Krabs states that he and Plankton take their vacations together but in "Bucket Sweet Bucket," he is clearly seen taking a vacation alone.
- In the French opening credits, Luke Brookshier and John Trabbic are accidentally credited as the storyboard director, writer, animation director, and supervising director.
- The supervising director was supposed to be Adam Paloian, whereas the animation director was supposed to be Tom Yasumi.
- Old Man Walker is never seen leaving the Krusty Krab.