- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Dream Plankton (many)
- Pearl Krabs
- Mrs. Puff
- French Narrator
- Bikini Bottomites
The episode begins at the Krusty Krab, where Mr. Krabs is preparing SpongeBob and Squidward for an event that happens every day; Plankton trying to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula. Mr. Krabs orders SpongeBob to guard the front door, while Squidward decides to take a nap. Three hours pass, and Plankton never shows up. SpongeBob passes out from exhaustion and drops his mop on Squidward's face, waking him up. Mr. Krabs questions why Plankton hasn't shown up yet, and thinks that the door is stuck. He oils the door, while also getting rid of some customers who are blocking his path. When Plankton still doesn't show up, Mr. Krabs gets an idea. The next scene shows that Mr. Krabs has put the formula out in plain sight with a giant arrow pointing to it. Once the formula disappears, Mr. Krabs assumes it was Plankton who stole it and puts the restaurant on lockdown. SpongeBob starts to block off all the exits, up until everyone realizes that Patrick actually had the Secret Formula bottle, thinking it was Ketchup. It's now the end of the day, and SpongeBob and Squidward are about to go home, but Mr. Krabs stops them, fearing that Plankton is still up to something. SpongeBob and Squidward leave the Krusty Krab anyway, while Mr. Krabs stays in the restaurant overnight.
The next morning, SpongeBob and Squidward arrive for work and assume that Mr. Krabs eventually went home. They are proven wrong however, when Mr. Krabs reveals himself, camouflaged into the floor like a chameleon. In the next scene, a customer is about to order something off of the menu, but Mr. Krabs attacks the customer, thinking he's Plankton wearing a disguise. The customer angrily leaves the restaurant, saying he will never set foot in the establishment again. Just then, Mr. Krabs notices Mrs. Puff is about to leave with a Krabby Patty, but Mr. Krabs yanks her back with a hook, suspecting she's sneaking a Patty off to Plankton. Mrs. Puff denies this, saying that it was just a to-go order, but Mr. Krabs doesn't believe her. Squidward sarcastically asks if Mr. Krabs will ban pockets, to which he actually does. He uses a Reef Blower to suck up all of the customer's clothes and puts them in barrels. Mr. Krabs then stops Old Man Walker from leaving the Krusty Krab, as he notices that he's hiding Krabby Patties under his hat. Old Man Walker exclaims that he just wanted some for later, but Mr. Krabs doesn't believe him, and bans him from the restaurant. Mr. Krabs also bans a baby and it's mother from the restaurant when he suspects that they're working for Plankton. Slowly losing his mind, Mr. Krabs starts banning people from the restaurant left and right, until there are no customers left. Mr. Krabs starts boarding up and Krusty Krab. SpongeBob worries, stating that he doesn't think Plankton will be coming. Just then, they hear a knocking at the door, and hear a voice asking for a Krabby Patty. It's just Sandy though, but Mr. Krabs thinks she's Plankton wearing a squirrel disguise, and bans her from the restaurant too. Mr. Krabs starts to go completely insane, walking up on the ceiling and foaming at the mouth. SpongeBob questions Mr. Krabs' behavior and whispers to Squidward that maybe they should postpone their "plans" they had for that night. Mr. Krabs overhears this, and thinks that SpongeBob and Squidward are both working for Plankton, banning both of his employees from the Krusty Krab.
Later that night, Mr. Krabs is shown to have completely lost it. He has the restaurant boarded up, booby traps set up everywhere, and is hiding under the register boat with the Formula tied to his neck while sweating uncontrollably. Just then, Mr. Krabs thinks he hears Plankton's voice, but it turns out to be a Chum Bucket ad on the Krusty Krabs' TV. He turns the TV off, only to see a shadow on the wall that he thinks is Plankton, but it turns out to be just a cup. At this point, Mr. Krabs starts to hallucinate. He sees the cup turn into Plankton, and suddenly, red and green demon Planktons start appearing everywhere. Mr. Krabs tries to escape, but ends up running into a giant demonic Plankton with devil horns. Mr. Krabs screams and runs into the bathroom, splashing water on his face to try and reclaim his sanity. He looks at himself in the mirror, and hallucinates his eyeballs turning into Planktons. Mr. Krabs freaks out, and sprints over to the Krusty Krab's crow's next to catch his breath. Suddenly, he notices something happening across the street. SpongeBob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy, Mrs. Puff, Old Man Jenkins, and even his own daughter Pearl are sneaking into the Chum Bucket, which makes Mr. Krabs think that everyone he cares about is working for Plankton. Mr. Krabs starts bawling his face off as he goes back into the Krusty Krab.
Suddenly, a knock is heard at the Krusty Krab's front door. It's SpongeBob (who is obviously reading off of a note card), who tells Mr. Krabs that he needs to come with him to the Chum Bucket, because Plankton has kidnapped Squidward. Mr. Krabs suspects this is part of Plankton's evil plot, and tells SpongeBob he'll be right out. Mr. Krabs heads into the kitchen and starts laughing to himself while making deadly Krabby Patties by putting traps, such as spikes and fireworks, inside of them. After he finishes, he and SpongeBob head over to the Chum Bucket. Once there, they see that Squidward is tied to a chair, as Plankton reveals himself. He then presses a button a remote, and a bunch of decorations and confetti are revealed. Mr. Krabs is confused at first, but Plankton and SpongeBob explain that today is the anniversary of the first ever time that Plankton tried to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, so they wanted to throw a surprise party for Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs is touched, apologizes for his actions, and hugs SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs then notices everyone else about to eat the deadly Krabby Patties he left on the counter. He starts to panic and takes everyone's Krabby Patties away, succumbing to their traps. The Krabby Patties start to spark loudly, zip up into the sky while Mr. Krabs is still holding them, and explode into fireworks, injuring Mr. Krabs. In the next scene, everyone happily leaves to go home (except for Squidward, who is still tied up), and SpongeBob asks Mr. Krabs if he enjoyed the party. Inside the Chum Bucket, Plankton notices that Mr. Krabs left the Secret Formula behind, and takes the piece of paper out, only for a stick of dynamite to be revealed underneath. The Chum Bucket violently explodes, and Mr. Krabs exclaims that he enjoyed the party very much, as the episode ends.
- Mr. Krabs overreacting about everything that involves Plankton.
- Mr. Krabs stamping "BANNED" on characters.
- Squidward getting injured by SpongeBob with the mop or other things.
- Mr. Krabs being injured by fireworks.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Call of the Union Sabres - Frank Samuels [Opening]
• Marching Along With the Band - Nicolas Carr ["Hup, two, three, four! Hup, two, three, four! Krabby Patties are the best! They'll put hair on your chest!"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Oh!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob is tired after three hours of guard duty]
• Ad Lib Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Any sign of Plankton?"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to the next scene]
‣ Show Fanfare 1 - David Lindup [Signs pointing to secret formula at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr [Krabs hiding behind the cash register]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Krabs thinks Plankton stole the secret formula]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick has the secret formula]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers leave the Krusty Krab]
‣ Unknown Track 87 - SpongeBob and Squidward about to leave the Krusty Krab
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["And just where do you think you two are going?"/"...I'll be waiting for him."]
‣ Drama Link (C) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs laughs evily, while SpongeBob and Squidward leave the Krusty Krab]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm. I guess Mr. Krabs went home after all."]
‣ Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs hiding on the Krusty Krab floor]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs rolls away]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver [Krabs opens up the customer's head]
‣ Epic Struggle - Fredric Bayco ["Me Patty formula?!"]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver ["Mr. Krabs, it's not Plankton!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I will never set foot in this establishment again!"]
‣ Epic Struggle - Fredric Bayco [Krabs gasps]
‣ Dramatic Episode 2 - Kurt Rehfeld [Mrs. Puff leaving the Krusty Krab with take-out bag]
‣ Epic Struggle - Frederic Bayco ["Aha! Trying to sneak a Krabby Patty to Plankton, eh?"]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs makes customers wear barrels]
‣ Toy Piano - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs takes a Krabby Patty out of a baby's mouth]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Krabs bans all his customers and kicks them out of the Krusty Krab]
‣ Journey Through the Mist 1 - Andrew Pearce [Someone knocks at the Krusty Krab door]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr ["Uh... A Krabby Patty?"]
‣ Journey Through the Mist 1 - Andrew Pearce ["Why?"]
‣ Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr ["I'm not falling for it. That's the worst squirrel suit I've ever seen."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 37 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs bans Sandy]
‣ Killer Birds - Gregor Narholz [Krabs going nuts]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Squidward are banned]
‣ Parallel Dimension - Gregor Narholz [Krusty Krab is chained at night]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [Chum Bucket commercial on TV]
‣ Drama Link (F) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs screams as he sees Plankton's shadow against the wall]
‣ Muscovite Rebellion - Paul Hart, David Arnold [Krabs begins to hallucinate Plankton everywhere/Krabs hallucinates seeing Plankton in the bathroom]
• Unknown Track 34 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs sees something]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Krabs sees SpongeBob, Squidward, Sandy, Mrs. Puff, Patrick, Pearl and Old Man Jenkins sneaking into the Chum Bucket]
• Solo Steel 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs cries]
‣ Quirky Tension B - John Epping [SpongeBob tells Krabs Squidward is kidnapped at the Chum Bucket/Krabs and SpongeBob enter the Chum Bucket]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy ["Surprise!"]
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Anniversary party of the first time Plankton tried to steal the secret formula]
• Overture in Sea - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs takes all the booby-trapped patties]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs disintegrates]
• Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone leaves the Chum Bucket]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Krabs leaves the secret formula at the Chum Bucket]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton pulls out the cork]
• Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 19 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- This episode was nominated for an Emmy at the 2019 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Short-format Animated Program.
- This was the third episode to premiere during the September 2018 premiere week.
- The episode was confirmed exactly 6 months before it premiered.
- In the storyboard art, Mrs. Puff is wearing bloomers. However, in the final product, she isn't wearing them.
- This episode marks the first usage of the APM track "Killer Birds" since "The Main Drain" and the first usage of "Wahini Wobble" since "Snail Mail."
- This is the second episode to have Mr. Krabs on the title card, as well as Plankton. The first is "Friend or Foe." Although, they were depicted as a drawing on the title card for "Oral Report."
- This is the second episode to have a close-up of a character's eyes on the title card. The first is "InSPONGEiac."
- Mr. Krabs' pupils on this title card are silhouettes of Plankton.
- Mr. Krabs owns a wristwatch of him smashing Plankton with a wooden mallet.
- The scene where Mr. Krabs turns blue and sees Plankton everywhere is a reference to the episode "Squeaky Boots." They even use the same music.
- Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff's relationship is mentioned in this episode, as she calls him by his real name.
- This episode's premise was pitched by Adam Paloian, who is the supervising director of this episode.
- Likewise, Adam Paloian has mentioned that this was his favorite episode to work on in the series.
- The scene where Mr. Krabs bans everything from the Krusty Krab with a rubber stamp is similar to a scene from the Chowder episode "Banned from the Stand." Chowder creator C.H. Greenblatt worked on SpongeBob SquarePants, so it's possible they're paying homage to one of their former staff and his show.
- At the end, Mr. Krabs has a cast on his eye, but in the next shot of him, it disappears.
- In the episode "Plankton!" (when SpongeBob meets Plankton for the first time), Mr. Krabs claims that Plankton tried to steal the secret formula for years, and in "Plankton's Army," he said it was the 25th anniversary, but in this episode (SpongeBob knows Plankton), Plankton claims that it has been a year since he tried to steal the secret formula.
- However, it could be that Plankton meant a yearly event of stealing the formula.
- Mr. Krabs states that he and Plankton take their vacations together but in "Bucket Sweet Bucket," he is clearly seen taking a vacation alone.
- On several occasions, in the Indonesian version, this episode erronously played in 480i standard-definition full screen format.
- In the French opening credits, Luke Brookshier and John Trabbic are accidentally credited as the storyboard director, writer, animation director, and supervising director.
- The supervising director was supposed to be Adam Paloian, whereas the animation director was supposed to be Tom Yasumi.
- Old Man Walker is never seen leaving the Krusty Krab.